Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the perpetrator of such wise insights was.......?

Wildy on Gray, Rowe on Cornes, Renouf (which Alan Richardson totally rebuffed). I think they agreed on Boak. Timmy Ginever was just sobbing gently in the background. Richardson took them to task on Boak and said Cornes would be running with Ablett. Poor guy has no idea, I can't believe he's so respected. :rolleyes:;)

Oh yeah I also heard Port would be accepting the crow's deal in the sanfl by mid-next week (Rowe).

Port would also be mad not to sign up Brett Ebert according to KG and Jars. You know, the 29 year old who hasn't stayed on the park for more than 5 minutes at a time this year and who's been a fringe player at best for the last 3 seasons even when he could.

They also said we should give Cassisi a one-year contract for next season. Which is fine, but it does seem a teensy bit pointless, what with the fact that HE'S ALREADY SIGNED UP FOR NEXT SEASON. FOR SOME BAFFLING REASON YOU'RE PRIVILIGED ENOUGH TO GET PAID FOR THIS JOB DESPITE YOUR TOTAL LACK OF FOOTBALL NOUS, YOU COULD AT LEAST DO SOME ****ING RESEARCH.

LOL just listening to cRowie on AA going on about Port not putting a reserves team in the sanfl. Why do they care so much? If it aggravates them this much we must be doing something right so stand your ground.

Because if we go and do something else, like join the VFL, it will reduce the amount of money that the SANFL clubs receive by half - and 50k per club isn't enough to sustain the competition. And they know it. Which is why the only card the SANFL has is to take away our license - but if we are prepared to let them do that and move over to the VFL...then they have nothing to control us anymore.

Because if we go and do something else, like join the VFL, it will reduce the amount of money that the SANFL clubs receive by half - and 50k per club isn't enough to sustain the competition. And they know it. Which is why the only card the SANFL has is to take away our license - but if we are prepared to let them do that and move over to the VFL...then they have nothing to control us anymore.
I would love for us to join the VFL for so many reasons.

Also, bear in mind that 5AA has a commercial, vested interest in both AFL teams being part of the SANFL - since they have the rights to broadcast SANFL matches etc.

I sent this into Rucci after he kept going on about how Port doesn't have a choice on today's sports show:

So it’s fait accompli that the SANFL directors will vote to dissolve the Magpies on November 1. No one disputes this.

I have a simple question. You keep saying that Port Adelaide HAS to be part of the SANFL to have an academy. Since winning an AFL premiership is the main goal, why couldn’t Port say “Thanks, but no thanks” to the SANFL ultimatum (because their goal is what is best for their clubs, despite what you keep trumpeting about SA football), the Magpies name be consigned to history, with the prison bar jumper being brought out during Showdowns etc. and PAFC create an AFL academy drawn from the entire state? Why does the academy have to follow zoning from a completely unrelated competition?

I mean, according to you, we’re going to lose the Magpies as they are anyway, with an AFL development team being put in their place. So why couldn’t PAFC move the reserve team to the VFL, deal with a competition that is primarily about AFL development, and set up a state academy for the development of AFL caliber players?

He not only never read the e-mail out...he never addressed it. Which tells me that I'm on the money. The SANFL is dead without our money anyway, because without us, there is no rivalry with the Crows, so no uplift in crowds, sponsorships etc...they will be rebranded AFL-SA very soon.

And just think - it's all because 8 pissant clubs can't get over 1990. They tried to kill us...now we are going to kill them. And I love it.

Nah, you have it all wrong and this includes a number of posters (not all) on the Crows board.
They are scared of making decisions and prefer not to make one unless they really have to just in case it turns out to be a bad choice.
However ... and this IMO is the main reason ... once they do make a decision they then become shit scared that Port will do something better and the best way to avoid that is for Port to do the same thing.

Like I said, not all but definitely some.

Nah, you have it all wrong and this includes a number of posters (not all) on the Crows board.
They are scared of making decisions and prefer not to make one unless they really have to just in case it turns out to be a bad choice.
However ... and this IMO is the main reason ... once they do make a decision they then become shit scared that Port will do something better and the best way to avoid that is for Port to do the same thing.

Like I said, not all but definitely some.

So you're from the Rucci school of thought which says that the Crows can agree to what shit deal they like, safe in the knowledge that we will come in and negotiate a better outcome for both clubs and take the heat for it?

So you're from the Rucci school of thought which says that the Crows can agree to what shit deal they like, safe in the knowledge that we will come in and negotiate a better outcome for both clubs and take the heat for it?
No, I am not worried that they will end up with a better deal than us. If they do good on them.
If our people are unable to work out what is best for us then we should replace them and get someone else.

You’d think Hamish Hartlett king-hit Sep Tape after reading this AAP post-match report. Nice bit of trial by media.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-17/match-report-port-adelaide-v-gold-coast

“…Hamish Hartlett is in double-trouble for the finals…”

“Hartlett knocked out Gold Coast's Sep Tape with a brutal bump…”

“[Hartlett] was helped from AAMI Stadium in the final term clutching his left shoulder - the same body joint which knocked Tape out in a second quarter shepherd.

“Hartlett's crunching bump will be scrutinised by the Match Review Panel”

“…Hartlett's season could be over - through injury, suspension, or both.”

“Hartlett caught an unsuspecting Tape with a shepherd which instantly knocked the Gold Coast player out…”

“The Port star indicated there was a clash of heads but replays showed head-high contact with his shoulder.” [implying Hartlett was lying and the clash was intentional]

I did tune into 5AA after the game in the car to hear that they think that Watts will be better than Butcher and they'd all take him right now. They then went on to say they worry about Butcher's body then Rowie said he won't even make it to 60 games which some of them well you don't know that to Rowie then finishing the dicussion by saying that Butcher will be fine and have a great long career.

WWWWWWWWW TTTTTTTTTT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I did tune into 5AA after the game in the car to hear that they think that Watts will be better than Butcher and they'd all take him right now. They then went on to say they worry about Butcher's body then Rowie said he won't even make it to 60 games which some of them well you don't know that to Rowie then finishing the dicussion by saying that Butcher will be fine and have a great long career.

They might be right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A agree with them

Apart from the still that has been posted on this board somewhere that clearly shows a clash of heads.
Maybe I should have pointed that out in the original post... thought it was obvious. :thumbsu: But reporting like that is also about framing and emphasis. It's so common in sports journalism it's considered normal. Opinion, editorial, even a feature - but that is not a straight post-match news report.

You’d think Hamish Hartlett king-hit Sep Tape after reading this AAP post-match report. Nice bit of trial by media.

“[Hartlett] was helped from AAMI Stadium in the final term clutching his left shoulder - the same body joint which knocked Tape out in a second quarter shepherd.

“Hartlett caught an unsuspecting Tape with a shepherd which instantly knocked the Gold Coast player out…”

“The Port star indicated there was a clash of heads but replays showed head-high contact with his shoulder.” [implying Hartlett was lying and the clash was intentional]

Yeah ... shocker of an article.

More than half of the paragraphs for that "match summary" refer to Hartlett and that incident. One statement about Boak (even though he's a shoe-in for the 3 Brownlow votes on the back of that performance).

There was no author attributed to the article.

Here's the irony at the bottom of the summary:
Reports: Nil

o_O

Tape was unsuspecting.

But that was no-one's fault but his own. Anyone'd think he was picking his nose 50m behind play such was his lack of peripheral awareness while chasing the hottest property we have.

If that is adjudged to be a scenario where he couldn't 'reasonably expect contact' I'm watching the wrong sport.

Tape being unsuspecting isn't a defence. He has every right to chase a player with the ball, just as all of our players do. He's on the field and deserves to be protected from being injured, like every other player. If it turns out that the principal point of contact is shoulder, Hartlett's season can be taken out the back and shot. If it's ruled to be head to head, then I expect he'll be fine.

Tape being unsuspecting isn't a defence. He has every right to chase a player with the ball, just as all of our players do.

No-one's saying he shouldn't have chased the ball-carrier?

Awesome quote from Wildy on AA after the game.

Said that Boak isnt as talented as others in the team and then said that Boak is no ablett or Bennell

haha you are shitting me ... he actually compared Boak to Bennell and said that he is NO Bennell

i nearly ran my car off the road

Wildy, Rowe and the majority of football followers in this state are morons.

They believe Dangerfield doing something exciting is a more valuable commodity than actually being effective.

Nope, but just cause his focus was on the ball carrier doesn't make it his fault that he got injured either.

When you're in traffic, specifically when you're attempting to run down an opposition player within 5 metres, you must have some peripheral awareness about you or you're putting yourself in danger first and foremost.

He was so oblivious to parallel contact he didn't even have time to partially brace at the last instant, for goodness sake.

Football 101.

Said that Boak isnt as talented as others in the team and then said that Boak is no ablett or Bennell

haha you are shitting me ... he actually compared Boak to Bennell and said that he is NO Bennell

i nearly ran my car off the road

To be fair, Boak was controversially selected ahead of James Sellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back