Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide Power?
I swear I remember reading an article in 2011 from Rucci of us merging with the crows because we had no $
SAFM aired an April Fools Day joke one year - they started a rumour that the 2 Adelaide clubs were merging. Well: you should have heard some of the vitriol from some of the callers: "We're not merging with that bunch of scum" was one of the milder comments!!!!!

El_Scorcho's screams to play Butcher after Cale Hooker takes his 10th intercept mark will probably break the record singlehandedly.

If Hooker has a field day a la the last time we played them, I will either lose my voice very early on in the piece, or if my voice holds out probably get booted from the stadium :)

Just for the record, i'd have been happy with at least one of Clurey or Shaw as well. Personally i'd have picked Clurey and Butcher.

If Hooker has a field day a la the last time we played them, I will either lose my voice very early on in the piece, or if my voice holds out probably get booted from the stadium :)

Just for the record, i'd have been happy with at least one of Clurey or Shaw as well. Personally i'd have picked Clurey and Butcher.

shaw is a long way ahead of butcher

SAFM aired an April Fools Day joke one year - they started a rumour that the 2 Adelaide clubs were merging. Well: you should have heard some of the vitriol from some of the callers: "We're not merging with that bunch of scum" was one of the milder comments!!!!!

I wonder what the reaction was from crows' supporters?

have you seen him play?

"Shaw is a long way ahead of Butcher."

I don't need to have seen either of them play to know that's a rubbish statement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well, lets get the opinions of those who have seen them play the month or so then.....

shaw is currently ahead, sorry to disappoint you.

Do you even logic?

well, lets get the opinions of those who have seen them play the month or so then.....

shaw is currently ahead, sorry to disappoint you.

Purely on body development Shaw is 12 months off. Butcher may not be playing well but he is far more advanced than the kid.

Purely on body development Shaw is 12 months off. Butcher may not be playing well but he is far more advanced than the kid.

not alot of difference between them body wise, shaw is a better contested mark, better shot at goal, better on a lead, better tall forward, butcher is better at the pressure, tackling and maybe reading the play and getting in the right positions for his signature goal square goals. but as a pure tall forward id have shaw.

Do you even logic?

i watch them play every bloody week, butcher is struggling to impose himself into games, had some good ones earlier in the year when the team was flying but right now, on form, shaw has stepped up in every way as a tall forward, so much so that butcher is being moved out of there at times.

i watch them play every bloody week, butcher is struggling to impose himself into games, had some good ones earlier in the year when the team was flying but right now, on form, shaw has stepped up in every way as a tall forward, so much so that butcher is being moved out of there at times.

That fact that he is still a boy and physically immature seems to remain irrelevant to you.

Butcher has had no pre seasons and is recovering from double hip surgery.That is after all the issues he had prior to that.
I wish people would lay off him till he's had a chance to get his body right.
I've read posts talking about players being good but not necessarily being AFL standard. Butcher is definitely AFL standard in everything but kicking for goal and it's up to our coaxhing staff to get that right. If they do he could easily be a top shelfer.

Butcher has had no pre seasons and is recovering from double hip surgery.That is after all the issues he had prior to that.
I wish people would lay off him till he's had a chance to get his body right.
I've read posts talking about players being good but not necessarily being AFL standard. Butcher is definitely AFL standard in everything but kicking for goal and it's up to our coaxhing staff to get that right. If they do he could easily be a top shelfer.
His overrunning of the ball in flight & reading of the play going forward is becoming just as much a problem as his kicking. I'm not writing him off totally & no doubt he has confidence issues too, I've said it before but I'd like to see him spend some time down back on some decent SANFL forwards he could learn from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back