Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Adelaide's draw, I think we better get ready for this nab hype to rise to Sando 2012 levels.
I dont follow you, the hype was the same in 2014.
Sando: [After winning all NAB games] "Only [number] of teams managed to go undefeated in the NAB challenge, one is us"
"Winning form is good form"

Have you forgotten about this?
Sides ranked 1-6 on the ladder will have a minimum of two double-meetings with other top six sides and a maximum of three meetings with sides ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of one double-meeting of sides ranked 7-12 and a maximum of two double-meetings of sides in the 7-12 range. They will have either no double meetings or a maximum of one double meeting with a side ranked 13-18.

· Sides ranked 7-12 on the ladder will have a minimum of one double-meeting with sides ranked 1-6 on the ladder and a maximum of two meetings with sides ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 7-12 and a maximum of three double-meetings of sides 7-12. They will have a minimum of one double-meeting of sides ranked 13-18 and a maximum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 13-18.

· Sides ranked 13-18 on the ladder will have either no double meeting or a maximum of one double meeting with a side ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of one double-meeting with sides ranked 7-12 and a maximum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 7-12. They will have a minimum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 13-18 and a maximum of three double-meetings of sides 13-18.

The reason Crows have an easy draw is because they're not very good.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-28/full-statement-from-the-afl

When it became obvious that flooding was negative football. "Press" is just simply a word invented to make it seem more acceptable.
I went and this is what I saw, they flooded and tried to get Betts Walker or Clangerfield one out.

What master coaching.

I dont follow you, the hype was the same in 2014.
Sando: [After winning all NAB games] "Only [number] of teams managed to go undefeated in the NAB challenge, one is us"
"Winning form is good form"

So based on this logic are we to assume that Adelaide are not in good form as they did not win all their games in a Mickey Mouse tournament this year?

Nah I see it as teal colored glasses looking for ways the Crows are getting an unfair leg up.

If we had their draw it would be a walk in the park, but for them they will either win more or less games depending on if they actually improved or not in the off season.

Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
Now, cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
When the levee breaks, mama, you got to move.

Sure, but within those three groups that still leaves a large range of good to bad draws. And all but the most rose coloured crows fan can see Gil's bent it as far as those rules allow.

There's no Gillon led conspiracy to help the crows get a premiership. There might be moves to help get them up the ladder in the same way the AFL seems to give Collingwood a leg up via fixturing. It just makes commercial sense to have certain clubs winning. Unfortunately it's something that's never going to change as long as the AFL doesn't have a legitimate home and away fixture where everyone plays each other twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I see it as teal colored glasses looking for ways the Crows are getting an unfair leg up.

If we had their draw it would be a walk in the park, but for them they will either win more or less games depending on if they actually improved or not in the off season.
I agree. This describes how the double-up games in their and our draws are decided :

Sides ranked 1-6 on the ladder will have a minimum of two double-meetings with other top six sides and a maximum of three meetings with sides ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of one double-meeting of sides ranked 7-12 and a maximum of two double-meetings of sides in the 7-12 range. They will have either no double meetings or a maximum of one double meeting with a side ranked 13-18.

· Sides ranked 7-12 on the ladder will have a minimum of one double-meeting with sides ranked 1-6 on the ladder and a maximum of two meetings with sides ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 7-12 and a maximum of three double-meetings of sides 7-12. They will have a minimum of one double-meeting of sides ranked 13-18 and a maximum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 13-18.

They have their maximum 1-6 double-up of 2 and we have our maximum 1-6 double-up of 3.
They have their minimum 7-12 double-up of 2 and we have our minimum 7-12 double-up of 1.
They have their minimum 13-18 double-up of 1 and we have our maximum 13-18 double-up of 1.

If you don't consider the respective 2014 positions that is only slightly weighted against us so I see it as perfectly fair.

Now to the teams that both of us play once.

Based on positions after finals Adelaide play;

1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18.

We play;

4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18.

Just looking at the figures you could even say our one-time opponents are easier than Adelaide's. They have 4 top 6, we have 2. They have 4 bottom 6, we have 5.

I agree. This describes how the double-up games in their and our draws are decided :

They have their maximum 1-6 double-up of 2 and we have our maximum 1-6 double-up of 3.
They have their minimum 7-12 double-up of 2 and we have our minimum 7-12 double-up of 1.
They have their minimum 13-18 double-up of 1 and we have our maximum 13-18 double-up of 1.

If you don't consider the respective 2014 positions that is only slightly weighted against us so I see it as perfectly fair.

Now to the teams that both of us play once.

Based on positions after finals Adelaide play;

1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18.

We play;

4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18.

Just looking at the figures you could even say our one-time opponents are easier than Adelaide's. They have 4 top 6, we have 2. They have 4 bottom 6, we have 5.

Just roll in blockbusters/showdowns/derbies, who you play home or away and how many six day/eight day breaks each team gets and it's not ****ed up at all!

Dunno if this was brought up but a quick hot tip to the Triple M team: Screaming 'COP THAT PORT ADELAIDE' on your broadcast of the game is ridiculously unprofessional and reinforces the idea that our media is a bunch of shitty washed up C grade celebs with no proper media training. When I have a casual AFL North Melbourne supporting mate saying 'Does the media always ride Adelaide's dick this hard?' in the car with me you probably aren't doing your job properly.

Dunno if this was brought up but a quick hot tip to the Triple M team: Screaming 'COP THAT PORT ADELAIDE' on your broadcast of the game is ridiculously unprofessional and reinforces the idea that our media is a bunch of shitty washed up C grade celebs with no proper media training. When I have a casual AFL North Melbourne supporting mate saying 'Does the media always ride Adelaide's dick this hard?' in the car with me you probably aren't doing your job properly.
They're doing their job perfectly.

LOL on the bottom bit. But hey! At least they called us Port Adelaide :D

I'm a bit slow on the uptake here but did Andrew Fagan really call for media balance at their recent season launch, i let this slip through to the keeper with the whole #malcom thing in the forefront but Fagan cmon...
ycnbs-1390580947.jpg

That's called balanced media in this state ;)

I'm a bit slow on the uptake here but did Andrew Fagan really call for media balance at their recent season launch, i let this slip through to the keeper with the whole #malcom thing in the forefront but Fagan cmon...
ycnbs-1390580947.jpg
Poor Fages ever since he has been in SA all he has heard about is Twiggy's and Notso's **** ups. All he hears is

* Port have a better game day experience
* Crows people dont know how to sing or chant
* Port are flag contenders were not
* We had to sack a coach we just gave a 2 year extension to and made a loss and I have to report it to the press and members
* Notso ****s up again with customers
* We have a hall of fame inaugural inductees and cant even spell our premiership coach's name right
* Port get the credit AO and the review
* I cant come out and call the Sanfl a bunch of campaigners but Port can
* All I hear is Darren bloody Burgess and how fit Port are
etc etc

You cant blame Fages for his comment. I bet Twiggy isnt on his Christmas card list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back