Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Approaching 1:1.

As a seasoned observer noted elsewhere,

"Is there as many pages like this we dedicate to them? I see the odd thing pop up, but I swear there's like 4-5 [Anti-Port] pages like this running on a 24 hour news cycle."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a seasoned observer noted elsewhere,

"Is there as many pages like this we dedicate to them? I see the odd thing pop up, but I swear there's like 4-5 [Anti-Port] pages like this running on a 24 hour news cycle."

Oh I was talking about social media in general but if we're breaking out the crows fanboi/gramp segment then yeah we're already at 1:1!

Quickly scrolled thru the Toilet Rag this morning to read the apology to Jacko for suggesting that he was in any way responsible for the wild brawl outside a Glenelg hotel owned and operated by two current Port players, that resulted in members of the public being knocked unconscious with him facing serious trouble with SAPOL and the AFL investigating, and instead praising him for being a hero and coming to the aid of a defenceless female friend, helping her escape a potential "violence against women" scenario, getting coward punched in the process, but not retaliating in any manner, ultimately being a perfect role model for others to emulate.

Must have missed it in my haste!

Will read again later.

That is after reading any articles relating to Australian of the Year recommendations for racially assassinated Pride of SA (aka Adelaide Crows) player Eddie Betts, who happens to be the only AFL player in Australia who suffers from this type of persecution.

Quickly scrolled thru the Toilet Rag this morning to read the apology to Jacko for suggesting that he was in any way responsible for the wild brawl outside a Glenelg hotel owned and operated by two current Port players, that resulted in members of the public being knocked unconscious with him facing serious trouble with SAPOL and the AFL investigating, and instead praising him for being a hero and coming to the aid of a defenceless female friend, helping her escape a potential "violence against women" scenario, getting coward punched in the process, but not retaliating in any manner, ultimately being a perfect role model for others to emulate.

Must have missed it in my haste!

Will read again later.

That is after reading any articles relating to Australian of the Year recommendations for racially assassinated Pride of SA (aka Adelaide Crows) player Eddie Betts, who happens to be the only AFL player in Australia who suffers from this type of persecution.
Eddie surely will be awarded a bravery award at some stage:rolleyes:

No one is attacking Betts. This is the media shakes head thread. It's the media's handling that is being attacked and rightly so. He is obviously a good bloke and a great footballer (one of many) but is neither a hero nor the saint he is constantly promoted as. His image is plastered over the Tiser day in day out. It's ridiculous. Where's the #balance ?

It's a useful and accurate comparison about how unbalanced the media is in Adelaide. No retraction of the Trengove disinformation. Day in day out good bloke Eddie Betts. Why would the oppo need to mention him, they only need to open up their rag to front page back page page 11, 12 13, sports section, hero section, world news etc etc etc.

This has been bothering me since watching the replay of Aidyn Johnsons first touch in the AFL and I guess it should be really, really upsetting to that joke of a commentator, Brian Taylor. I would call Aidan's effort on Friday night a triple play as within 5 seconds he had his first touch, first kick and first goal as a player in an AFL game. I guess this is pretty rare (just as rare as a triple play is in the MLB) and it should have been a commentators greatest wish to be able to squeeze everything out of that achievement. But no, our Brian stuffed it up completely and must now go into the history books as the AFL's worst commentator. Wake up Ch7 and rid yourself of this idiot! Yes, Aidyn you scored the trifecta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back