Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They actually got it wrong twice. He got called as SSP in the 2nd 1/4 too.
Just imagine the fury from a Victorian audience if a South Australian identity was commentating on a Bulldogs game. Cloke takes a great mark, and the commentator says, "What a wonderful mark by Crameri." Civil war would be declared.

Saw you guys bitching about BT ruining AJ's first goal.

Here, I fixed it for you (sorry about the video cutting off, don't have the time to get the whole match for one minute of footage.)

Also.

You've got to send the top one into the club, that's brilliant. Much better than BT's bumbling.

The Footy Show is just a bunch of irrelevant illiterate inarticulate people who don't know football well playing jokes on one another with one irrelevant literate and articulate person who knows a little about football but mostly sprouts outdated social nonsense.

When that last person is Sam Newman, carn.

So caught bits of the Footy Show last night - first time this year.

Holy crap... talk about cringe central... it's almost like it's a piss-take of an actual footy show.

Channel 9 scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Literally watched 90sec of that this year, won't be going back at anytime.

The Footy Show is just a bunch of irrelevant illiterate inarticulate people who don't know football well playing jokes on one another with one irrelevant literate and articulate person who knows a little about football but mostly sprouts outdated social nonsense.

When that last person is Sam Newman, carn.
I happened to catch the teams for our game while flicking channels and for some reason the campaigner was acting like he's never heard of Robbie Gray before. Kept flicking.

Whenever I see Sam Newman now I think of Cassandra from Dr Who

latest

So caught bits of the Footy Show last night - first time this year.

Holy crap... talk about cringe central... it's almost like it's a piss-take of an actual footy show.

Channel 9 scraping the bottom of the barrel.
I won't watch it until Richmond wins a final.

I watched it last night for the first time in ages, then Sam Newman starts his idiotic umpire rant and bang channel changed. I can not understand why they keep him on the show. He's been the worst part of that show for way too many years. However it does need a complete revamp, it's just so out of date.

I watched it last night for the first time in ages, then Sam Newman starts his idiotic umpire rant and bang channel changed. I can not understand why they keep him on the show. He's been the worst part of that show for way too many years. However it does need a complete revamp, it's just so out of date.

Perhaps he gave Kerry Packer the secret of eternal youth.

I caught the first episode on NineNow via PS4 and goodness me it was shit.

Hutchy has the charisma of a recently-impregnated footy sock, Maddern is solid but rightly or wrongly it seems like everyone is tiptoeing around her while engaging in any sort of banter and almost everything else is unmemorable, forced and basically a waste of time. The only thing I liked was Andrew Startin's Open Mike pisstake, but I'm an absolute sucker for impressions. That sort of thing is the only reason I've series-linked SNL.

If I want serious footy discussion I'll watch 360, Classified, On The Couch, etc. If I wanted largely mindless light-hearted stuff I'll watch Bounce, which is perfectly ok at the recommended dose of just 1 hour per week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw you guys bitching about BT ruining AJ's first goal.

Here, I fixed it for you (sorry about the video cutting off, don't have the time to get the whole match for one minute of footage.)

Also.

lmao on the 2nd vid Timmy G says don't kick it inside 50 to a midget.

It's kinda funny how Footy Show goes for near on three hours and yet nothing really happens.

There used to be another show on Nien that had similar characteristics.

Ratings are through the floor, apparently.

They're trying to have the best of both worlds where they want to keep the people who tune in to watch Fos carry on with his anti PC rhetoric, and yet also appear light hearted and inoffensive to a modern audience. Lastly, yeah, football contest is at an all time low.

Get in the car and 5AA is playing 'Conversations With Cornsey' featuring special guest Maxamillion Basheer.

Pls change program title to 'Mutual Masturbations With Cornsey', 5AA.

Let me guess, provincial backwaters like Glenelg, South Adelaide and the Prospect Chickens have a birthright to leech AFL matchday revenues, but those evil Port Adelaide bludgers can die in a fire, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back