Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. Why do so many of our supporters lose their shit whenever we're 100 points up and Gray misses?

It's gimme goals Robbie should kick but misses when we are a few points down that make me lose it. Ken is rotating Robbie as a small forward atm and his job is to kick the 'regulation' goals.

As Northalives posts Robbie has never been a reliable kick at goal. That said, while I would like Robbie to boot 6 as he should have done last week and again tonight I will gladly settle for 4 goals a game. Robbie did the business last week and again tonight.

Last edited:
This page is ****en trash, Robbie is absolutely a Port Adelaide champion. Three consecutive B&Fs and an AFLCA MVP is pretty bloody impressive.

Robbie is a gun and still has a lot of time to lift the premiership cup, win a Brownlow and get the Norm Smith. And he will

Some of the comments here about a true champion, probably our only elite player, are a disgrace.
Get off the grass! Some of you hand out the tag "Champion" like you're handing out beers at a barbie!

Robbie Gray is a great player but he is not a champion! Compare him to Wanganeen, Ebert, Phillips, Leslie, Hodges, M. Williams, G. Buckley, A. McLeod .... you can't. He isn't in the same league but don't get me wrong, I love the bloke, he is an exceptional player but he is not a Champion and he is not our only "elite" player.

In this "elite" category is Wingard, Wines, Ryder, Boak and some others will get there. Let's please take a deep breath and come back into reality. No one is trashing Robbie Gray.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus mate, the title of this thread is "The media.... *Shakes Head* and I shook my head at the f*****g bullshit article attributed to Tredrea comparing Wanganeen to Gray. Aren't we allowed to express our f****ng opinions? That is what this joint is all about!

Yeah, go for it. And I'm entitled to reply with "who cares", because really, who cares?

And Robbie Gray is a champion.

Get off the grass! Some of you hand out the tag "Champion" like you're handing out beers at a barbie!

Robbie Gray is a great player but he is not a champion! Compare him to Wanganeen, Ebert, Phillips, Leslie, Hodges, M. Williams, G. Buckley, A. McLeod .... you can't. He isn't in the same league but don't get me wrong, I love the bloke, he is an exceptional player but he is not a Champion and he is not our only "elite" player.

In this "elite" category is Wingard, Wines, Ryder, Boak and some others will get there. Let's please take a deep breath and come back into reality. No one is trashing Robbie Gray.

Get off the grass indeed. Martin Leslie - One SANFL Best and Fairest, One VFL Best and Fairest. One All-Australian.

Don't see any point in making comparisons between the two players. I luv Gav and I luv Robbie.
That's it brother! I love Gav and I love Robbie and that's why I freaked at the article. Robbie is his own man and a player who brings us some great qualities.
Wanganeen was God like on a footy field and not one player on our list comes anywhere near him.

It's like comparing Kingston Town to Black Heart Bart: no comparison.

The best was they were slamming Polec as it cut to the replay and as it showed the guy standing on polecs ankle they paused mid sentence , then resumed with persecuting him as soon as it cut away pretending they saw nothing. Tools.
Polec's kicking out features in the talking points of the game on the AFL site. To me the Brisbane player looks like he is really trying to did the spriggs in, which is more the talking point.

Get off the grass indeed. Martin Leslie - One SANFL Best and Fairest, One VFL Best and Fairest.
Did you ever see Leslie play or are you just one of those who bases everything on statistics? Do you have any idea of who played in the same side as Marty?

Did you ever see Leslie play or are you just one of those who bases everything on statistics? Do you have any idea of who played in the same side as Marty?

Yeah, I saw him play and I'm not disputing the "champion" tag. I've also seen Robbie Gray play, and he's absolutely a champion by any measure.

This whole discussion just reeks of "The players in my day shit all over the players of today".

People use different words to describe things that have their own meaning to each individual.
Can't argue with that but all I'm trying to do is to define the term "Champion" and when you assign the word Champion to R. Ebert, G. Wanganeen, you just can't drop down a few rungs and call other players like Robbie a Champion, surely?

Can't argue with that but all I'm trying to do is to define the term "Champion" and when you assign the word Champion to R. Ebert, G. Wanganeen, you just can't drop down a few rungs and call other players like Robbie a Champion, surely?

OK, then what exactly puts Martin Leslie into the sort of company that Robbie Gray apparently has no business in? Again, I'm not disputing his "champion" status, I'm disputing your call on Rovvie Gray. What exactly has Leslie done that Gray hasn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back