The mysterious last list spot

Remove this Banner Ad

• Josh Bench did look impressive with his ability to weave, baulk and run with the ball then dish out a kick onto the chest of a team-mate. As to Dwyer, no information of any kind concerning him has been exposed to my senses, other than some poster claiming we are looking at him. And if we want Saunders, why didn't we just take Membrey?

Regarding Josh Bench, the write-up on him in the Inside Football draft guide says he turned 18 yesterday, also won the B & F at the Western Jets. His coach says he has brilliant agility, speed and he's a natural footballer. So far, so good. But it also mentions that he's 171 cm and 65 kg. I'm guessing that affected his draft chances. :(

Toy's biggest handicap will be poor recovering from sprint efforts, if there is a cap on the interchange the game will slow down and could actually work slightly in his favor. I think you mean "if a cap on interchange rotations gets implemented"
Sorry if I'm intruding on what was kind of a private discussion (and a very odd one by the way) but wouldn't it figure that Toy, given his health issue, may need to go off for a rest more often than many others? And with a cap on interchange rotations possibly coming in, that would make him a bit of a liability. Obese Arachnid, in his offbeat way, seemed to be strongly hinting at this, just never said it outright.

Sorry if I'm intruding on what was kind of a private discussion (and a very odd one by the way) but wouldn't it figure that Toy, given his health issue, may need to go off for a rest more often than many others? And with a cap on interchange rotations possibly coming in, that would make him a bit of a liability. Obese Arachnid, in his offbeat way, seemed to be strongly hinting at this, just never said it outright.

Being a small defender you cant just rework your whole interchange system so he gets tonnes of minutes on the bench, it would totally stuff the team up. that being the case a cap in interchanges would slow the tempo of the game down which would give toy a big advantage, as toys major weakness is having too sprint for long periods of time.

Just my theory... might be totally wrong in reality :D. The point anyway was I don't think he will be picked up :p

Price of what? Pick 38 is the only relevant price, unless I'm wrong and it's a cost instead.:confused:o_O
That's right. Membrey would have cost us pick #38 (Ramsay) whereas Saunders would cost us either a PSD or rookie spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been made aware that we were planing to take Garlett in the draft after he and his management assured us he had changed his ways. The club then became aware that he was out partying hard just 2 day before the draft and shelved the plans to draft him as he is just too much of risk. The club has written him off and will not draft him in the PSD or as a Rookie.

As for the final list spot, if we do not use this in the PSD it allows us to take an additional rookie. This gives us flexibility as we can then promote a rookie at any time without a long term injury. This also allows us to get a good look at another kid that may be a project player without committing to him for 2 years like Trent Stubbs. Rookies can be delisted after a year without any TPP ramification whilst senior listed players have a minimum 2 year contract and will need to be payed out or re-rokied, wasting resources if there not up to it.

It is also possible, though i hope not the case, that the club will leave this pick to see if Wood finds another club. It is my understanding the Wood had a year to run on his contract and as such his salary will be included in next years TPP if no other club covers his contract. Therefore, if Richmond do not take Wood in the PSD he may be rookied by the club.

Just watched Bench's highlights. How was he not drafted? I realise he is slight but he has some impressive weapons!

Regarding Josh Bench, the write-up on him in the Inside Football draft guide says he turned 18 yesterday

If he only turned 18 yesterday, would he have been eligible? I don't know the age rules.

If he only turned 18 yesterday, would he have been eligible? I don't know the age rules.
I'm sure he was okay to draft, despite turning 18 after the draft date. e.g. Sam Colquhoun, who turns 18 next month, was eligible to be picked up.
I'm not totally sure of the age rules either, but would think players must turn 18 by December 31 to be eligible. I'll keep looking to try and find the answer to that somewhere.

EDIT:- The player must have attained, or will attain the age of 18 years, on or before
December 31, 2012

http://www.nabafldraftnom.com.au/images/AFL Draft Booklet 2012.pdf

Regarding Josh Bench, the write-up on him in the Inside Football draft guide says he turned 18 yesterday, also won the B & F at the Western Jets. His coach says he has brilliant agility, speed and he's a natural footballer. So far, so good. But it also mentions that he's 171 cm and 65 kg. I'm guessing that affected his draft chances. :(

65kgs!?! Way wayy too small for even VFL

Regarding Josh Bench - he's 171 cm and 65 kg. I'm guessing that affected his draft chances. :(
Say no more! Tiny players probably have tiny brains, as do the clubs that select them. Josh Bench might have all the skill in the world, but without the height he ain't quite right. Why even our own Ben Kennedy is 3 centimeters taller!:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

The mysterious last list spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back