Toast The New Carlton Thread: Beau has more GF silverware than Carlton in 36 years

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a feeling we may see a vintage Ross Lyon performance this weekend. Blues are so Curnow centric, and low on mids, that I could see Ross setting up the whole game around it and exploiting it.

And also the blues have really been getting on the bathwater this week. I went to the match on the weekend - they really werent so impressive. We were really low intensity.

I have a feeling we may see a vintage Ross Lyon performance this weekend. Blues are so Curnow centric, and low on mids, that I could see Ross setting up the whole game around it and exploiting it.

And also the blues have really been getting on the bathwater this week. I went to the match on the weekend - they really werent so impressive. We were really low intensity.
As enticing as it might be, I think the fatal flaw to this idea is that the Saints are well and truly on the stink.

lets hope so!

Blues will smash them.

I sincerely hope not. I'll be barracking hard for the Sainters.
Yeah, would be a good result, but honestly don’t think it matters for us.
We will beat Brisbane in the QF, Melbourne in the PF and Port in the GF.

Some nice ins for the Saints, think they're very likely on Sunday.
Don’t do that, man… St Kilda are as suspect as a $3 note. Is “Kilda” even a saint? Kilda ain’t no saint I ever heard of…
giphy.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would prefer they revert to Ross ball, because I think they're clear favourites if the crowd out the Blues forward line. If they make it a shoot out like last week they give the Blues a chance.

Carlton will win this week.

I’m seeing Carlton scarves and jumpers everywhere around here. Was in a zoom meeting yesterday where one of the participants had a Carlton poster in the background.

I’m going into hiding.

Isolate Wait For It GIF by Woodblock

I’m seeing Carlton scarves and jumpers everywhere around here. Was in a zoom meeting yesterday where one of the participants had a Carlton poster in the background.

I’m going into hiding.

I'm hoping for a Ross Lyon special. Final score, 58-62 in favour of St Kilda

I’m going into hiding.

Don't worry Vicky.

This is Carlton at the finals door:

funny-kids-water-prank.gif

i haven't really looked at carlton much recently. The loss was pretty understandable in the context of them trying to make the eight and what we did to them last season. I heard a comment that said that Carlton is now stable. If that's the case, then it's bad news. However, a year or so of stablility is easily fractured. I'm comfortable with Voss in charge. Leopards dont change their spots overnight and they really havent done anything so far. I dont like to see Carlton fall too far because complete failure can stimulate fundamental change - and I prefer to see them stay mediocre. In fact, there is an argument that while a premiership would be great, a grand final win over the blues would even be better. Having said that, a simple cup would suffice.

Tax Office warned then-PwC boss Luke Sayers​

The Senate published an explosive timeline late on Monday that provides new details of the years-long fight between the Tax Office and PwC executives over the actions of the firm’s tax division.
The timeline reveals that the Tax Office first raised its concerns related to the conduct of the division with then-chief executive Luke Sayers on August 29, 2019. Sayers attended a meeting with second commissioner Jeremy Hirschhorn who urged him to “personally review the internal emails”.
PwC chief executive Luke Sayers (left) and ATO deputy commission Jeremy Hirschhorn.
It was the first of three meetings between the two men detailed in a timeline of the ATO’s actions related to the PwC tax leaks scandal.
The ATO timeline shows that at a second meeting, held on February 20, 2020, Mr Sayers discussed the upcoming election of PwC’s chief executive with Mr Hirschhorn, two weeks before the then head of the firm’s tax practice, Tom Seymour, was elected CEO of the firm.
During the meeting, Mr Hirschhorn advised Mr Sayers that it was neither the Tax Office’s role nor was it appropriate for the agency to comment on the firm’s election processes.
The timeline also states that Mr Hirschhorn told Mr Sayers that “the PwC board should ensure that it is fully abreast of the range of concerns the ATO has had with PwC Tax Group’s behaviour”.
Labor senator Deborah O’Neill said that Mr Sayers either “ignored this advice, or the entirety of the PwC board failed to act on this information”.
Mr Sayers, who is now president of the Carlton Football Club and founder and head of the Sayers consulting firm, has previously said he was “not aware of the confidentiality issues that have since emerged within the international tax practice at PwC”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The New Carlton Thread: Beau has more GF silverware than Carlton in 36 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back