Toast The New Carlton Thread: Beau has more GF silverware than Carlton in 36 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Board:
"Yep, it is a media beat up. Sure we would love Houston if it were a viable option. It has never been a viable option and Austin will not lose any sleep with the mischievous crap being spruiked in the media in search of clicks.
Little doubt we are Houston’s preference. Little doubt Voss would love him in the side as would his mate Silvagni. Port May reckon they can squeeze out two first rounders, but we want at very least one quality selection in the draft. We can not consider the possibilities of a trade on draft capital, as well as the massive impact on our salary cap.
Carlton bashing for clicks has long been a thing…"

So Houston has never been an option dispite Houston wanting to go to them and the coach wanting him?
Instead it's all just a media "beat up"?

"Docherty off half back - don’t spend our draft capital on a different AA HBF."

A soon to be (in 9 days) 31yo coming of an ACL is their saviour!

Carlton Board:
"Yep, it is a media beat up. Sure we would love Houston if it were a viable option. It has never been a viable option and Austin will not lose any sleep with the mischievous crap being spruiked in the media in search of clicks.
Little doubt we are Houston’s preference. Little doubt Voss would love him in the side as would his mate Silvagni. Port May reckon they can squeeze out two first rounders, but we want at very least one quality selection in the draft. We can not consider the possibilities of a trade on draft capital, as well as the massive impact on our salary cap.

So Houston has never been an option dispite Houston wanting to go to them and the coach wanting him?

Carlton bashing? What? How deluded are they?

SEN (ie Carlton radio) and Fox Footy have been CRYING out for Carlton to "steal" Houston despite those same outlets constantly claiming Houston wants Carlton "because Silvagni" yet those same outlets weren't assuming Bailey Smith would choose us because of the Daicos brothers?

There's literally only one club the media hates and it's Collingwood.

Even in 2022 and 2023 when we were single handedly making the sport a legitimate medium of entertainment all praise was through gritted teeth with a consistent undercurrent of malice. With only one or two exceptions. Maybe Dwayne and Gerard?

Look at the Perryman talk
Look at how Houston is already being downplayed
Look at how almost NO ONE is talking about Carlton's baffling decisions around Owies and Kennedy

SEN is comprised almost solely with either Carlton supporters/ex-players or people who hate Collingwood. It makes that station so much worse to listen to than it used to be.

Carlton Board:

Does Sam Docherty count as an AA HBF if his one and only was in 2017?

I just love the way Carlton manage to stuff up their footy season - as well as their off-season.😍

I know we love to joke about their incompetence - except it’s not a joke.

Currently vying with St Kilda as the most inept club in the AFL, yet they have heaps more talent and money at their disposal.

I still go to sleep at night dreaming of that 60-0 score line…

Disagree strongly - it's a joke alright and totally hilarious - (as is the stench wafting out of Melbourne FC) - these are treasured times

Age wise I missed out on the Melbourne hate. They are more like ‘meh’ to me. In fact, I was OK with them winning the 2021 flag - as a once off in the current era. And with a Covid * 🤓

But you and Maggie5 are both outstanding at keeping the anti-Demons flame burning.👍

I can only imagine if Carltank stumped up the trade capital for Houston, Kornes and co. would be lauding them and saying they’ve made a bold move, premiership favourites etc. despite being a worse side than us and having barely participated in the first round of recent national drafts.

I can only imagine if Carltank stumped up the trade capital for Houston, Kornes and co. would be lauding them and saying they’ve made a bold move, premiership favourites etc. despite being a worse side than us and having barely participated in the first round of recent national drafts.
Same goes if port got perryman! Imagine the difference!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%. And yet some of our fellow supporters reckon he ain’t biased

Carlton bashing? What? How deluded are they?

SEN (ie Carlton radio) and Fox Footy have been CRYING out for Carlton to "steal" Houston despite those same outlets constantly claiming Houston wants Carlton "because Silvagni" yet those same outlets weren't assuming Bailey Smith would choose us because of the Daicos brothers?

There's literally only one club the media hates and it's Collingwood.

Even in 2022 and 2023 when we were single handedly making the sport a legitimate medium of entertainment all praise was through gritted teeth with a consistent undercurrent of malice. With only one or two exceptions. Maybe Dwayne and Gerard?

Look at the Perryman talk
Look at how Houston is already being downplayed
Look at how almost NO ONE is talking about Carlton's baffling decisions around Owies and Kennedy

SEN is comprised almost solely with either Carlton supporters/ex-players or people who hate Collingwood. It makes that station so much worse to listen to than it used to be.

The media have been trolling Carlton mercilessly over the last 12 months.

We clearly watch different shows and listen to different radio stations

Look at how much of the media tipped Carlton to be 2024 Premiers.

You don’t remember Sam McClure’s “Anybody who doesn’t think Carlton are Premiership favourites isn’t following the game properly”?

And their fans took the bait hook, line and sinker.

You don’t remember Sam McClure’s “Anybody who doesn’t think Carlton are Premiership favourites isn’t following the game properly”?

Well that's some of the stuff I was referring to lol

I guess we just have very different perspectives on how that praise is viewed which is fair enough

You saw it as trolling, but surely not intentional?

I think those in the media actually believed Carlton were a great side so I didn't see it as trolling.

McClure actually believed it, it wasn't a lure for the blose faithful (or is that fateful)?

Well that's some of the stuff I was referring to lol

I guess we just have very different perspectives on how that praise is viewed which is fair enough

You saw it as trolling, but surely not intentional?

I think those in the media actually believed Carlton were a great side so I didn't see it as trolling.

The media’s job is to make $$$ from advertising - which they do by getting viewers to tune in and engage.

How often do you see a media person tipping GWS to be Premiers?

Never.

Is that because GWS are rubbish? No.

It’s because nobody who watches footy media gives a rat’s clacker about GWS unless they’re a speed hump in the way of their team getting to where they want to go.

Tipping Carlton as Premiers is good for business. But it’s got to be plausible, so doing it after they’ve bombed out in Prelim was a prime troll setup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The New Carlton Thread: Beau has more GF silverware than Carlton in 36 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back