Toast The New Carlton Thread: inexperienced Collingwood winger to rule Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Fly loves Voss. Carlton players seem to too. Have him sacked. We pick him up as an assistant coach and he brings Weitering and McKay with him.

The rest of them crack the shits and outdo Clarry in the nightclubs.

I'd be very surprised if Voss wanted to be an assistant under Fly

Not sure the ego would allow it

I'd be very surprised if Voss wanted to be an assistant under Fly

Not sure the ego would allow it
I wasn't serious, but he went into an assistant role after his first senior coaching gig.

He'd be a great get as an assistant coach - just as Leppa and Bolton were.

I wasn't serious, but he went into an assistant role after his first senior coaching gig.
Not good enough - this is a dedicated knowledge sharing platform - who do you think you are?

Crazy vossy would get in the way I feel.

Oh if Voss' ego allowed him to go back to being an assistant and he did it under Fly he'd probably have the time of his life coaching alongside literally two of his best mates

So, a direct quote, straight from Houston - "... I wanted to play for him (Voss) and he wanted to have me in the team."

Now this is interesting. Houston would never have said "... he wanted to have me in the team", if Voss hadn't said this straight to him. So Voss wanted Houston - and quite right too, he would've immediately strengthened their team. And it would've been far easier for Carlton, with their superior draft hand, to land Houston had they really wanted to, in comparison to the Pies having to cobble together a complicated 3 club deal that ultimately included trading 5 players.

So clearly, Voss was overruled by either the football department or the board. Hmmm ...Voss can't be happy with this.

So, a direct quote, straight from Houston - "... I wanted to play for him (Voss) and he wanted to have me in the team."

Now this is interesting. Houston would never have said "... he wanted to have me in the team", if Voss hadn't said this straight to him. So Voss wanted Houston - and quite right too, he would've immediately strengthened

Now this is interesting. Houston would never have said "... he wanted to have me in the team", if Voss hadn't said this straight to him. So Voss wanted Houston - and quite right too, he would've immediately strengthened their team. And it would've been far easier for Carlton, with their superior draft hand, to land Houston had they really wanted to, in comparison to the Pies having to cobble together a complicated 3 club deal that ultimately included trading 5 players.

So clearly, Voss was overruled by either the football department or the board. Hmmm ...Voss can't be happy with this.
It is salary cap related.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Carlton have capped out with a mid table team who have never contended for the flag - a problem I highlighted 3 years ago.

Again the media (McClure lol) being a little shifty with questioning there

Dan never really says Carlton was his first preference

He seems to indicate that he had a few or a couple of preferences and they were Carlton and Collingwood.

If Carlton was one of his preferences then nothing in that conversation with Voss actually changes. He’d still say he wants to play for Carlton and equally he’d say to Fly in a meeting that he wants to play for Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interested rubbing hands GIF

Congratulations to Carlton on the ‘Dan Houston wanted to go to Carlton over Collingwood even though that’s meaningless because he ended up going to Collingwood but we’re still gonna celebrate it’ award.

Congratulations to Carlton on the ‘Dan Houston wanted to go to Carlton over Collingwood even though that’s meaningless because he ended up going to Collingwood but we’re still gonna celebrate it’ award.
He also reportedly wanted to go to Melbourne..so it's kind of funny Blues supporters still think they win something out of this whole exchange 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The New Carlton Thread: inexperienced Collingwood winger to rule Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back