• Brett Kirk

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 30 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread yet, but regardless of the coin we throw at Clarkson, would he not be seriously hunting the trifecta and going down in history as one of the greats to win 3 in a row. Despite all the murmurs and talk that I've heard/'read, Im finding it increasingly hard as to why Clarkson would want to come here over going down in one of the greatest pages in AFL history.

Not convinced on Bolton just yet. Inherited an A+ grade list and won a handful of games, woweee....

May be shot down for this one, but Im not all that opposed to Ratten. After seeing what the 'almighty' Malthouse has produced with that absolute rabble of a playing list that we refer to as Carlton, it actually makes some of Ratten's work look quite good and what he was able to achieve with what he had at his disposal. A handful of years working at hawks and closely with Clarkson could only have benefited him. Would most certainly rather him than someone like Dew at this stage.

Cant really comment on Bassett, dont watch enough SANFL to really provide an insightful opinion, only really going on reputation here. But as others have said, despite his amazing SANFL achievements, has he really had enough time in the AFL system, and is he really that good to make a seamless transition from top notch SANFL coach to AFL, as many supporters seem to be demanding of him already.
I have a feeling your not far off the money. Ratten was doing fine had a gun midfield but was suspect in defense and no real forward line with Waite injured every 2nd week. Couple that with being in the Hawks box while they nab 2 cups has to be looked at. I think he would take our list forward at a rate of knots.
Not a spike..cause that's up quick and back down but a sustained charge at the top 4.

I agree with your thoughts, also I'm happy with a bass announcement anyway.. As long as he pisses of bicks, campo and Clarke, dasher can stay for sure. See how he goes in a new coaching team, he has been lauded but we ewe very leaky this year, talia was a star already, smith wasn't far off, brown went along his normal way of doing things which I quite like and only major improver was Jaensch, bit too much love for dasher I reckon!

IMO quite a few players have improved within the back line

Talia - B&F
Smith - AA
Matty J - best 22
Brown- played an excellent and under rated lock down role this year

How long will it take Bassett to reach this level though?

well im saying I don't think ratten can ever so it will be quicker than that. :)

no matter what coach we hire he will come with risk.
it seems hawthorn rate Bolton more so that's telling. he was OK at carlton, I get that, and he was hard done by at carlton, I get that too, but he wasn't exactly coaching the house down either.

It just seems like a safe appointment to me and id like to leave the mediocrity behind.

Talia - B&F
Smith - AA
Matty J - best 22

I think they are all awesome, Tals prob my fav player but improvement in all was expected, they should have ll come along like they did except Jaensch who massively improved, all I'm getting at is that dasher wasn't amazing I don't think like it's been said, just need to see the score against to see it wasn't all great back there.. Individually. They were great, as a group not so much, that's what we need to be the main point.

I think they are all awesome, Tals prob my fav player but improvement in all was expected, they should have ll come along like they did except Jaensch who massively improved, all I'm getting at is that dasher wasn't amazing I don't think like it's been said, just need to see the score against to see it wasn't all great back there.. Individually. They were great, as a group not so much, that's what we need to be the main point.

I think our turnovers gave our defense a bad wrap this year. our 1 way midfield didn't help either.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO at times our defense was exposed due to a lack of midfield two way running

Talia - B&F
Smith - AA
Matty J - best 22
My only question with our back half is how often do our defenders leave their player to help out another defender and when to do it.

Individually they all played really well but that was just a small worry for mine.

Bass really could have used 1 more year in the AFL system. Would be high risk..

I'm starting to think Ratten.. It is just unfashionable these days to recycle coaches who haven't won a Premiership..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back