Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Board meeting being called today by WCE.

Simmo about to get the bullett.

Come home favorite son.

Will be a support network for Clarko given the Federal Court case could occur over the end of 2024 into 2025.

Come home favorite son.

Will be a support network for Clarko given the Federal Court case could occur over the end of 2024 into 2025.
Two months ago, you were suggesting Clarkson's coaching was 'criminal'. Now you think he needs to be propped up to navigate a court case that hasn't started.

As far as I know, papers haven't even been served in the Federal Court, and given a formed Fed Ct Judge, Justice Middleton, found the claims against Clarkson and others could not be substantiated, I speculate that the complainants may well be considering their options before initiating a case for which they might be found to be liable for costs (which would be sizeable).

The favourite son had a chance to come home, and he didn't want to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come home favorite son.

Wouldn't he take up too much of our soft cap?

Harley will be considering his options....
He'd have to be thinking about how good it would be to be on the ascendency in the royal blue and white you'd think. I imagine that the AFL would be willing to sign off a transfer for a lad who's feeling a bit shaky in his current environment with all of the coach speculation, players committing mutiny and a bit of homesickness setting in.

Next minute... AFL signs off on a compassionate transfer to Geelong.

He'd have to be thinking about how good it would be to be on the ascendency in the royal blue and white you'd think. I imagine that the AFL would be willing to sign off a transfer for a lad who's feeling a bit shaky in his current environment with all of the coach speculation, players committing mutiny and a bit of homesickness setting in.

Next minute... AFL signs off on a compassionate transfer to Geelong.
Oh the irony if he asked for a trade to us. Not gonna happen but I love the thought.

Oh the irony if he asked for a trade to us. Not gonna happen but I love the thought.
It would be a shot in a million for him to come to us.

• we don't have the capital that WC would ask for in trade
  • we wouldn't trade out what we would need to to get said trade capital
  • we don't have the out of cap additions other clubs could offer
  • Harley seems to have more character than to cut and run after a single season, if we are waiting for RFA that is in 2030(?) makes it moot anyway

Our shot was last year and outside of tanking to a ridiculous degree or selling Colby and Duursma we were never in the race.

Reid could be a rainbow shitting unicorn, but he won't be doing it in a North Jumper.

Just my view of course, but Simpson could have 'come home' when we really needed him at the end of 2019 - the much maligned Brady Rawlings did, on the grounds that 'North is my club'

Simpson chose not to.

We needed him then, we don't need him now.

Maybe not. But he'd just won a flag 12 months earlier and we'd also asked the question to Clarko. That the Eagles drove their list into oblivion is more pertinent as to whether we get Simmo back.

We should go after the best people and if that's Simmo great. If it's not then no. Holding grudges gets us nowhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back