Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know where to put this, but a former Brisbane player, now a local footy player, had ASADA doorknock his parents' house at 5am for a PEDs test. Frankly absurd.

He passed the test, to the surprise of most.

However, out of all the commentary from former Brisbane players, they did say that in the 8 years Rhys was on the list not once was he or anyone he knows tested at Brisbane.

Which begs the question - how rampant is PED usage at AFL level? If they are right about the degree of testing activity then it would not surprise me if our sport is far less clean than we think.

Sheesh, the commetators bringing up 1974 to pot us....

Was there that day. Some old codgers might correct me, but iirc the weather was fairly bog average that day out at Waverly.

5.7.37 to 0.0.0 at q-time.
After that we had 22 scores, 6.16 to 5.6

Long drive back to Broady though ☹ post game.

Last edited:
I don't know where to put this, but a former Brisbane player, now a local footy player, had ASADA doorknock his parents' house at 5am for a PEDs test. Frankly absurd.

He passed the test, to the surprise of most.

However, out of all the commentary from former Brisbane players, they did say that in the 8 years Rhys was on the list not once was he or anyone he knows tested at Brisbane.

Which begs the question - how rampant is PED usage at AFL level? If they are right about the degree of testing activity then it would not surprise me if our sport is far less clean than we think.
Why is local footy drug testing? 🤔

Was there that day. Some old codgers might correct me, but iirc the weather was fairly bog average that day out at Waverly.

5.7.37 to 0.0.0 at q-time.
After that we had 22 scores, 6.16 to 5.6

Long drive back to Broady though ☹ post game.

…and went on to play in a GF, Flag, GF, Flag, GF

Loved how those stats were followed up with everywhere

I wouldn’t have thought that any local comp has signed up to ASADA/Integrity Australia. I did see the article but assumed it was fake news.
Why is local footy drug testing? 🤔
Every comp technically has signed up to it.

Although they said it was random, my presumption is he was targeted because his transformation post AFL went viral on social media.

There's no such thing as a clean elite sport. All high level athletes are on PEDs, especially because they're so good for recovery and you can't risk being at a competitive disadvantage to other dopers. Hardly anyone gets caught because drug tests are a joke and there are all sorts of ways to get around them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back