Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Simmo came across as a sook tbh. He's getting paid out so no loss to him. His sarcastic comments re income - bull5hit. He gets paid the same to do nothing next year. Thought he looked surly. Pikes offer of a farewell game made in public like that was rather insulting too. West Coke are all campaigners - fugg the lot of them. I asked a journo at a sportsman's night I MC'd what was the best story he had that he couldn't print. He smiled and said West Coke and drugs. I asked Caro the same question at another event - she replied she reports the stories - she doesn't hide them.
Simmo shouldn't have any financial issues. 10+ years as a player & 10+ years as a coach.
Getting a $1m gardening leave payment next year.
Pretty sure I read that he bought 2 HJ franchises also.

The past two years have been surreal for Eagles fans.

The local paper put Simpson's face on a Mr Grumpy cartoon. On another day he had a Burger King crown on his head.

There seemed an inexhaustible well of ex-Eagles players calling for him to be sacked, none too obscure.

You always got the feeling Simpson, in the cutthroat world of AFL coaching, was a sensitive soul.

At post-match press conferences after one of his players had been injured – from superstars like Nic Naitanui, to a mid-season pick like Jai Culley – you could almost feel the hurt.

Once my partner looked at my phone as I watched one of these press conferences and declared that Simmo looked like he "needs to cry".

After the last couple of seasons, who could blame him?
abc.net.au/perth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weagles didn't handle today particularly well. Pyke offering Simmo a farewell game mid presser was amateur hour.

Simmo can leave with his head held high, achieved plenty. A flag, A GF lost to an all time great team and 6 consecutive finals series.
But it was time for him to move on and protect his legacy (and chances of securing another senior gig down the track). Because their list still needs major surgery and doesn't have a whole lot of talent that's 25 or younger.

If Cox is their main target, I wonder if the Swans act quickly and try to lock in a succession plan. Like they did with Roos when we approached Horse post Laidley

Weagles didn't handle today particularly well. Pyke offering Simmo a farewell game mid presser was amateur hour.

Simmons can leave with his head held high, achieved plenty. A flag, A GF lost to an all time great team and 6 consecutive finals series.
But it was time for him to move on and protect his legacy (and chances of securing another senior gig down the track). Because their list still needs major surgery and doesn't have a whole lot of talent that's 25 or younger.

If Cox is their main target, I wonder if the Swans act quickly and try to lock in a succession plan. Like they did with Roos when we approached Horse post Laidley
As I think someone pointed out on 360, the way Horse is coaching this year that would be worse than the Malthouse Buckley deal - cutting short the guy who is going well just so you don’t lose the guy who might be good in a few years.

As I think someone pointed out on 360, the way Horse is coaching this year that would be worse than the Malthouse Buckley deal - cutting short the guy who is going well just so you don’t lose the guy who might be good in a few years.
I agree with that and the Swans are probably the least likely club, to do something in a blind panic.

But it may come down to how long Horse plans to coach for. If he views himself potentially wanting to retire within the next 5 years. They'd ask the question of whether he'd be willing to hang around.
Would be far more attractive taking over a list including prime Warner and Gulden, than the current Weagles s*** show.

Debunked. I put on my 650 headphones and listened to it.

Simmo said: You'll have the same.

With decent headphones you clearly hear the You'll have the part.

As for an explanation I found this on Reddit:

I've listened and watched this a bunch of times and really think Simmo says "You'll have the same", referencing the amount of media attention Harley Reid gets. You can see him gesturing with his hand holding the paper to Harley on "You", then to the cameras on "same"—that gesture doesn't really make sense with either "You've had your say" or "You have to stay".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back