Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Pittonet is a more than serviceable replacement I’d think.

Their run home is
Port
Pies
Hawks
Eagles
Saints

Looking at that there’s probably only one certainty which is the eagles.
Good grief, they could still miss the 8.

" Carlton's run to finals has been halted, losing 4 of their last 5 games after a brutal game against the minnow club under threat of relocation, North Melbourne "

Ah well, there's always next year Bloos.
Love North.

Just saw serial Bigfooty north hater Grand Uncle Horace died

Read on the swans from him that he took special delight in our plight.
Geez, thats actually sad regardless of how much of a dick he was to us.
Was part of the furniture. The chair you'd never sit on, but furniture none the less.

Last edited:
Would prefer to keep this from creeping in personally. Always liked that the number is the only individual identifier and when it gets passed down, it's the same jumper fundamentally.

But if it came in Melbourne supporters would finally know their players names.

I feel like there's too much focus on the readability point. Learning players is not done through reading jumper names. Even in the NBA where the court is way smaller, you still can't read the names clearly so that argument makes no sense.

They should focus more on the commercial aspect and the brand that comes with certain players. The jerseys of sporting superstars fly off the shelves... LeBron, Messi, etc.

I know you can associate players with numbers but if Wardlaw is my favourite player I want his 6 only. I don't want there to be any connection with Horne-Francis.

AFL footballer Marlion Pickett is intending to plead not guilty to multiple charges including burglary and criminal damage in a Perth court next week.

The Richmond player is facing a dozen charges related to alleged offences in late 2022 and January last year.

Police allege the 32-year-old was involved in burglaries on commercial properties in the Perth suburbs of Beechboro and Girrawheen, as well as rural towns Bindoon and Beverley.

Mr Pickett's lawyer David Manera appeared on behalf of his client in Perth Magistrates Court this morning.

Last year, the Magistrates Court was told the charges related to burglaries on what were described as commercial properties, during which hundreds of thousands of dollars in Australian and foreign currency was stolen.

A police prosecutor said it would be alleged that a campervan was hired in Mr Pickett's name which was driven interstate, and sums of money were deposited in his account.

He's facing four counts of aggravated burglary, four counts of stealing, three counts of criminal damage and one count of receiving.

abc.net

There's a rumour some of the properties have connections to bikies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Katie Perry - how to increase her relevance to the AFL market when she plays at the Granny:

Firework - dedicate it to the fireman Kane Cornes.

I kissed a girl and I liked it - do not dedicate it to Darcy Moore.

Roar - for the Brisbane lions, or y Sloane.

Hot n Cold - dedicate it to Gold Coast home vs away

Rise - dedicate it to Hawthorn (or, please god by then, us).

Her new stuff that no one listens to and is just word salad - dedicate it to Laura Kane.

Can Ross Lyin ambush Braddles ? i sincerely hope so, but wouldn't be relying on it, AFL want as many BIG Melb Clubs in finals as possible, Carlton getting the staggers, no Richmond, probably no Collingwood, the christmas bonuses are shrinking at the thought, so free kick * totally on the cards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back