Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

He also had that joint in Chetwynd St. Hoj will know it. He would have thrown rocks on the roof when he was a kid I reckon.
Learned his craft in darnum, thats where the inspiration of down waterloo road came from, back in the day the darnum pub was the closest hotel that patrons from moe qualified under bona fide traveler law who could imbibe after the 6 o'clock swill. In the day Was a constant stream of "bona fide travelers" returning to moe after a session that would take waterloo road to avoid the highway.

Learned his craft in darnum, thats where the inspiration of down waterloo road came from, back in the day the darnum pub was the closest hotel that patrons from moe qualified under bona fide traveler law who could imbibe after the 6 o'clock swill. In the day Was a constant stream of "bona fide travelers" returning to moe after a session that would take waterloo road to avoid the highway.
The old days. How good they must have been. I'm guessing the local cops would avoid Waterloo Road unless they needed to fill the quota for the month.

I worked in a pub when I was young. There was a book to log "bona fide travellers" and I think they had to be served a meal if I remember correctly.

The old days. How good they must have been. I'm guessing the local cops would avoid Waterloo Road unless they needed to fill the quota for the month.

I worked in a pub when I was young. There was a book to log "bona fide travellers" and I think they had to be served a meal if I remember correctly.
Bowl of chips with 2 dozen malt sandwichs.

My dad tells me of the days of the town hall "dances" of the day, same deal from what i can gather, virtualy everyone drove home. Very different times.

Bowl of chips with 2 dozen malt sandwichs.

My dad tells me of the days of the town hall "dances" of the day, same deal from what i can gather, virtualy everyone drove home. Very different times.
SpiderBurton22 would know the road from Timboon to Port Campbell (as does Horace of course). There was a road sign that people used to say was "one can" from town. That's because it was at about the distance that it took for the driver to finish his can and it was the perfect target to aim the empty at in an over the roof sling while driving by. The pile of empty cans on the side of the road used to be a local talking point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also had that joint in Chetwynd St. Hoj will know it. He would have thrown rocks on the roof when he was a kid I reckon.

Lived in a house in Chetwynd back in the day, 2 storey terrace. Had a tap over the kitchen sink, only gave you cold water. Dunny out the back.

Lewis reckons Dempsey is the RS favourite. I wouldn’t have him in the top 3 RS nominees.

Mckercher > Dempsey

Warlord > Dempsey
I actually think Dempsey is a huge chance to take out the RS. Warlord gotta stay on the park and continue his form. Dempsey gets a lot of footy. Huge engine and can play a bit IMO. The headband makes him look shitter than he actually is.

Lived in a house in Chetwynd back in the day, 2 storey terrace. Had a tap over the kitchen sink, only gave you cold water. Dunny out the back.

Similarly in a joint with a Dunny out the back in Richmond in the early 90’s

Good times

Kids these days. Wouldn't know what it was like growing up in the 60s.

Geez I'm glad I'm not a grumpy old bugger like you.

Or Kosh.

Or he who cannot be named because I quoted him out of context once.

One time.

Similarly in a joint with a Dunny out the back in Richmond in the early 90’s

Good times
Now that you mention it, the place I lived in when I was in Richmond in 1980/81 had a dunny out the back. It was attached to the laundry and the bungalow where our copper mate lived. I'd forgotten about that.

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back