Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

If the win over GC doesn't look as good, the win over WC looks better.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Another memory trick - before went over there and beat WCE, not only had we not beaten anyone but we’d spent most of the season hearing how WCE were on the right track (unlike North), they had Harley, they had the right attitude. Then after we beat them, of course the grumpy old “that means nothing, they are rubbish” comments on here. We beat two teams that at the time were above us on the ladder, one of which was aiming to play finals, and we gave it a good shake in several games where no one expected us to be at all competitive. Whatever any other team does, our post-bye progress has been encouraging.

Another memory trick - before went over there and beat WCE, not only had we not beaten anyone but we’d spent most of the season hearing how WCE were on the right track (unlike North), they had Harley, they had the right attitude. Then after we beat them, of course the grumpy old “that means nothing, they are rubbish” comments on here. We beat two teams that at the time were above us on the ladder, one of which was aiming to play finals, and we gave it a good shake in several games where no one expected us to be at all competitive. Whatever any other team does, our post-bye progress has been encouraging.
It'll be like that today. If we win "it's only Richmond, they're garbage"....if we lose the world will come to an end...

I dunno, I just like to enjoy the little things. We get to see Harry again today, Colby putting on the jets...Curtis will do something magical...X will obliterate someone..

It'll be like that today. If we win "it's only Richmond, they're garbage"....if we lose the world will come to an end...

I dunno, I just like to enjoy the little things. We get to see Harry again today, Colby putting on the jets...Curtis will do something magical...X will obliterate someone..

if we beat them by 15 or less itll be "we should have beat them by 200"

Larkey will gesticulate about a missed scrag

Still after 5 seasons of completely terrible footy and results it would be nice to hope for more than a few glimpse from some talented players. If people want to be negative I think they are entitled to be negative. If people want to be optimistic then they should be entitled to be optimistic. Arguing either side is wrong seems silly to me.

Still after 5 seasons of completely terrible footy and results it would be nice to hope for more than a few glimpse from some talented players. If people want to be negative I think they are entitled to be negative. If people want to be optimistic then they should be entitled to be optimistic. Arguing either side is wrong seems silly to me.
People can do whatever makes them happy. I'm just giving my perspective on life.

People can do whatever makes them happy. I'm just giving my perspective on life.

On that well made point of yours.

Cam got a hug from me via someone else . And he was told that hug was from TAO. And Cam looked at said person, shook his head and walked off.

Is one my proudest life moments giving Cam a hug via someone else.

As Dwayne would say oh boy doesn’t get much better than that.

True story the above lol

Gold lost to West cos every time Matt Rowell won a clearance he kicked it to a West player and often they'd end up going coast to coast!!!

Gold lost to West cos every time Matt Rowell won a clearance he kicked it to a West player and often they'd end up going coast to coast!!!
What stops him being an absolute elite mid.
Rowell, Anderson and Flanders are all good mids, but none are game breakers. Can see why they were interested in Tarryn and why they may still take a cooked Dusty

Bottom two is where we are and where we deserve to be. As much as we have improved since the bye, we're still 2-6 since then with narrow wins against the equally poor West Coast and the away version of the Suns.

Easy to forget how much the first half of the season was a pile of trash. Outside of the first half against Freo, we were uncompetitive against everyone and struggled to win 10mins of football let alone a quarter. Didn't even come close to winning a match. It's kind of amazing that after such a sustained period of ineptness, there's currently a team below us and we're a chance not to finish stone motherless last.

Improving is nice and there's a feeling of optimism, but we've improved from an extremely low base and some of our football remains incredibly dumb.

That pile of trash we served up in the first half of the year is completely on the heads of our senior core.

It's cringe that some are still getting games.

What we've seen in the second half of the year is the young guys improving week by week and slowly taking control of the team.

I think it's more than a feeling of optimism.

It's more tangible than that.

Only one!!??

Scrags

split depth GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is david teague umpiring the blues and pies game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back