Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Well final thought for the day

Every year there’s a bolter out of the bottom of the 8 that no one saw coming

This year it was Hawks

Our time will come

Every year...
One of the Preliminary Finalists drops out of the 8 (Collingwood)
Someone from out of the 8 makes the Preliminary Final (Geelong)
Someone from the finals drops to the bottom 5 (Melbourne)
Someone from the bottom 5 makes the finals (Hawthorn)

Look it up - it happens pretty much every single year.

Every year...
One of the Preliminary Finalists drops out of the 8 (Collingwood)
Someone from out of the 8 makes the Preliminary Final (Geelong)
Someone from the finals drops to the bottom 5 (Melbourne)
Someone from the bottom 5 makes the finals (Hawthorn)

Look it up - it happens pretty much every single year.

You may be the Marster of Stats, but I am the Master of Trivial garbage

Who'd be the baiter master?

Depends what the topic is

I think this Board has become less intimidating with personalities on here

Around the Gold Coast battle we had some high fliers; I’d barely say anything less be scorched to death

Tef was intimidating. Didn’t take much to have him on full rage at you publicly or privately

I’ve had 1 warning in 23 years for bumping a thread on the Main Board so I think I’m going ok

After years of failure I have absolutely no interest in this finals series. May watch grand final only because of a bbq.
It's frustrating seeing Geelong and hawthorn flying past us. I look at that Geelong list and roll my eyes- particularly the midfield. They must train work and develop their players 10 times better than us.

Quite interesting reading not only about the other teams but how bad we are or supposed to be. A long season, couple of bad losses towards the end, I know its very hard, but we are trending in the right direction. Just one example; the bulldogs with their midfield, the "bont", great player, the 26 tall forwards, err sorry, all the tall forwards they have, other class players and what happened?

Another wasted year with the talent they have and its all over, drop-kicked out of the finals without a whimper. Port Power, with a band-aid backline without Houston and Farrell, Dickson so cooked , he's there only for structure when Mitch is almost ready to take his role, they need small forwards and that's why they got two small forwards in last years draft, plus a few other holes on their list and just maybe some of their problems is in their head, along with they need more talent.

After years of failure I have absolutely no interest in this finals series. May watch grand final only because of a bbq.
It's frustrating seeing Geelong and hawthorn flying past us. I look at that Geelong list and roll my eyes- particularly the midfield. They must train work and develop their players 10 times better than us.

Yeah I didn't watch either game, as I've no real interest in the outcome, suppose I follow North and not the AFL.
I don't believe it's a development issue as for example Xerri is going ok.
I think we **** up our drafting more often than not, we miss where the game is at. Sure these guys we draft can play footy, but can they spread and run both ways .
Harvey, the word on the street was, what's he position, he isn't a mid, he isn't a small fwd, so what is he.

You can have a Phillips type if he surrounded by others that would compliment his style, but you have him in the guts with, a Simpkin, a Powell, and you're not beating anyone.

But we have changed that of late, with the Goaters Hardemans, Bergman sure he needs to be careful as he can't stay on the park, but he does look likely to be able to be fleet of foot enough.

Quite interesting reading not only about the other teams but how bad we are or supposed to be. A long season, couple of bad losses towards the end, I know its very hard, but we are trending in the right direction. Just one example; the bulldogs with their midfield, the "bont", great player, the 26 tall forwards, err sorry, all the tall forwards they have, other class players and what happened?

Another wasted year with the talent they have and its all over, drop-kicked out of the finals without a whimper. Port Power, with a band-aid backline without Houston and Farrell, Dickson so cooked , he's there only for structure when Mitch is almost ready to take his role, they need small forwards and that's why they got two small forwards in last years draft, plus a few other holes on their list and just maybe some of their problems is in their head, along with they need more talent.
Im not so bothered where we are at just yet, Hawks and Geelong dont have hell of a lot in key position players we worry about all the time. They have small fwds and pace.

The best attack is get up your end fast, the best defence is keeping it there.

Doggies by a lot I reckon. Thought Port would win last night though and they lost by 15 goals (lol)
While you're on this roll, what's the scoop on tonight's Lotto numbers?
It's almost as if the depths of our club's performance has ruined footy for a lot of passionate North supporters.
Reminds me of my teenage years. Only for so long can you keep fronting up to Blue Light Discos, watching all your mates hook up while you're standing on the side of the dancefloor in your canary yellow Arnold Ross v-neck, Faberge stretch jeans and high-top desert boots looking like a loser. After a while you're over it and pulling every dodgy excuse under the sun to avoid going out.

Within the industry, Claytons is regarded as lazy and as someone who doesn't put a lot of time into the talent outside the top prospects.
Rawlings is viewed as a good guy, but something of a pushover.
It's pretty much proven to be the case. We can't pick our noses after the top 10 except for the odd 2nd rounder, and Snoz hands out long-term contracts to absolute spuds yearly. I'm assuming under pressure from player managers...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Within the industry, Claytons is regarded as lazy and as someone who doesn't put a lot of time into the talent outside the top prospects.
Rawlings is viewed as a good guy, but something of a pushover.
Checks out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. There’s no guarantee duurs becomes that player he might just end up a half forward
2. If he does end up a mid it doesn’t hurt to have a few big mids. Duurs will be more dynamic I think

To the above my point at the time and still now is id rather Schoenmaker over Dawson on our list

And likewise Philactides over Hardeman, we wouldn’t be any worse off with that switched imo

If I put together a team of how I would have drafted over the years at the time it would be better than our current list/team
Duurs will turn out fine…well I pray he does. Based on last night and the year the Wiz may have been a better selection. A big pre season for Duurs he’ll put on some decent size and be a better player.
For me the jury is still out Shoenmaker v Dawson. Dawson probably has more flexibility with his height but Schoenmakers kicking is so damn good.
I agree re Philactides to get the Massimo/Saad style player. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a rookie spot somewhere. Hardeman hasn’t shown much yet. But he has time. Would love to see him given a bit more freedom to run.

Duurs will turn out fine…well I pray he does. Based on last night and the year the Wiz may have been a better selection. A big pre season for Duurs he’ll put on some decent size and be a better player.
For me the jury is still out Shoenmaker v Dawson. Dawson probably has more flexibility with his height but Schoenmakers kicking is so damn good.
I agree re Philactides to get the Massimo/Saad style player. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a rookie spot somewhere. Hardeman hasn’t shown much yet. But he has time. Would love to see him given a bit more freedom to run.
Duursma is just buying time before he requests a trade to * to play with his bow & arrow flog brother.
I have that on pretty good authority via a family friend.
IMG_6689.gif

anyone else get the feeling that 9 other clubs not playing finals would give anything to be there, whilst north would rather be in bali or riding a skateboard for stephenson or cooking up a new meal for his instagram page in zurhaars case?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back