Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone else get the feeling that 9 other clubs not playing finals would give anything to be there, whilst north would rather be in bali or riding a skateboard for stephenson or cooking up a new meal for his instagram page in zurhaars case?

No, that's just a Norf nuffie fan take.

1. There’s no guarantee duurs becomes that player he might just end up a half forward
2. If he does end up a mid it doesn’t hurt to have a few big mids. Duurs will be more dynamic I think

To the above my point at the time and still now is id rather Schoenmaker over Dawson on our list

And likewise Philactides over Hardeman, we wouldn’t be any worse off with that switched imo

If I put together a team of how I would have drafted over the years at the time it would be better than our current list/team
Fair. I guess we could rotate Zane and Smillie between forward and mid.
I'm not super keen on players who don't compete in the contest, have a high workrate and don't hit targets consistently.
Smillie has a bit of work to do cracking in, running defensively and with his kicking efficiency. He has upside though.

I'm happy with Will Dawson. Every team will need a 200cm plus competitive defender to match up on Sam Darcy and Whitlock twins going forward. Teams will have a 200cm plus forward and the extra reach is hard to stop.
Schoenmaker also lacks athleticism for the role he will play as the 3rd tall/half back distributor.
I'd much rather Tauru, Travaglia or Trainor compared with a Schoenmaker.

I liked Hardemann because I think he's a better kick of the footy than ball butcher Philactides.

What was the knock on Calsher Dear that led him to be drafted as a fourth rounder or whatever?

Was it just that he was raw?
Talk from Mitchell was they weren't really sure he was actually interested in footy.
Think he was more a basketballer and switched back to footy late in the draft year or something.
They took a punt basically and he's gotten more into footy being in the AFL environment.

It's insane to me that people are already writing off Duursma, after one year in the worst team in the AFL era (And longer). A team that struggled to even make up normal i50 numbers, and when they got one, generally kicked it straight to a defender.

It's hard to dislike gws. They've got personality
There's 2 ways to do it. GC and GWS.
Only one team is universally liked.

1. There’s no guarantee duurs becomes that player he might just end up a half forward
2. If he does end up a mid it doesn’t hurt to have a few big mids. Duurs will be more dynamic I think

To the above my point at the time and still now is id rather Schoenmaker over Dawson on our list

And likewise Philactides over Hardeman, we wouldn’t be any worse off with that switched imo

If I put together a team of how I would have drafted over the years at the time it would be better than our current list/team
delusion.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back