Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL isn't going to let it slide either.
What a poor, childish response by Bevo.
He might be a good footy strategist, but he's paid the best part of $1m a year to respond to criticism, and be accountable for his failures, with emotional intelligence.
Go Tom I say.
Is he?

Letting Petracca bring his own footy (again) and defenders zoning over patches of grass rather than exploiting BBB's well known weakness in body on body contests is hardly good strategy. Not to mention all the dinky sideways 12m kicks.

That was unbelievable from Bevo. Watching it was much worse than any of the headlines could make out. I despise journalists and Tom Morris is about the worst of the worst but it was hard to not respect him when he stood up for himself in light of those allegations and attacks.

Hard to find anything to defend in that tirade from Bevo, incredibly unprofessional and embarrassing.

To declare in an AFL media conference that an accredited journo is not welcome is all kinds of inappropriate workplace conduct, regardless of Bevos level of frustration. This was compounded by the bullying tactics of addressing the other journos and asking them to effectively gang up on one of their colleagues. All of this compounded by asking questions and refusing to let the journo answer. Exhibiting the behaviour you are condemning is never a good luck & someone at Bevo’s level should no better.

Experts in communication will obviously have their take, but for me, Bevo sent the opposite message of what he was trying to convey. Now we are all know that there is internal dissent, Bevo is not managing it and it is impacting performance.

The way we want to play will leave us exposed if or should I say when we turn it over against any opponent. Hence the reason you now ned to be decent by foot. If not you're a liability.

We could have been charged with indecent exposure they way teams opened us up in the first half of last season. We did manage to at least cover our privates in the second half of the season.

I can't remember a bigger fitness turn around than Petracca. He went from Ziebell like questionable fitness to workhorse. Hats off to his dedication and the Melbourne fitness staff.
That's why they won a flag. Not just that he's fit and a better player for it. Its the committment he showed to the team and I'm sure iuts there across the rest of the side in ways that aren't as obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, he went on a petulant tirade against Tom Morris for a minute or two and then walked out of the presser.
It was the press conference equivalent of getting LT suspended after a loss cos Hunter ducked into a tackle.

Bevo is a weak sook.

So is Bont for that matter. I don't think they'll win another flag if they can't develop a bit of mental toughness.

As good as Bulldogs and Melbourne are, they both had their share of horror turnover kicks directly to the opposition. A bit rusty maybe, or just part of an attacking game plan that has to be accepted.

As good as Bulldogs and Melbourne are, they both had their share of horror turnover kicks directly to the opposition. A bit rusty maybe, or just part of an attacking game plan that has to be accepted.
That's it. Every team that plays that attacking the footy over will turn the ball over at times. Its minimising those turnovers that matter.

That stat about us being second in the comp for score launches from the back half in the second half of last season...

If the game becomes even more like basketball with goals from back half turnovers becoming the dominant form of scoring and we are highly ranked there then to a point some turnovers become acceptable.

Its the shit ones under no pressure with no risk/reward benefit that we need to eliminate.

Would have Brown back in a heartbeat, but not sure he goes as well or too differently than he did before he left IMO.

Nah, we need to focus on our youth. A brave decision to get rid of him though. I'd like to think we've the young KP's to more than adequately replace him in the next year or so.
And by that I mean they require exposure at the highest level this season. Comben has all the tools and maybe we feel we have finally fixed him. That is a question I should find the answer to a bit later today. Or at least what we believe is the current viewpoint on his longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back