Resource The 'not worthy of a thread of its own' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how to access the data and don't have the time. I've come up with a couple of measures of how to determine how much of a feeder club your club is.
# How many former players have left to win premierships elsewhere. (in my mind Stengle would count for both Richmond & Adelaide)

# How many premiership players you have that started their careers on other lists.

You could also replace premierships with finals won if you wanted a bigger dataset that gives better coverage of the competition.

I think you'd only go back to the introduction of Free Agency otherwise the trade rules aren't comparing apples, it ensures an 18 team competition, keeping it recent means the data gives a better indication of how a club is going now. The 90s or 00s were so different to now.

Would anyone be game? or have a channel to reach out to Mr Swamp?

Pardon the intrusion Cats crew. I'm hoping I might be able to pick your collective brains.

I'm part of a phantom draft picking 1995 debut players until current. My team is nearly complete but I'm after a 2nd taller defender who plays the talls well but can also play small.

I remember Tom Lonergan as being a gun defender and someone unheralded from the outside looking in.
Would that be correct? Could he play in smalls too? (Strengths and weaknesses?)

I also have another young gun Geelong player in mind for that HBF posi too ;)

Current team I've managed to draft so far.

1722504432797.png

Pardon the intrusion Cats crew. I'm hoping I might be able to pick your collective brains.

I'm part of a phantom draft picking 1995 debut players until current. My team is nearly complete but I'm after a 2nd taller defender who plays the talls well but can also play small.

I remember Tom Lonergan as being a gun defender and someone unheralded from the outside looking in.

View attachment 2065488

Kolodjashnij, plays tall and small, J.Henry plays taller and small

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you...It's more their peak level too. I remember TL beating Buddy most times they played on each other.

If you want someone to go Franklin types then you'd probably shouldn't care if they can play small. Though Henry stood him in the first half of the 2022 grand final

View attachment 2065488
Corey Enright

Fair to say Tommy is going to be available for Round 24.

View attachment 2077647

No guarantees of Hawkins being available

Once Tom announced his retirement, the club would have known that round 24 was our next & final home match for the season and started making plans to celebrate Tom's career leading up to that match

I'm pretty sure we're all crossing fingers that Tom gets to run through the banner at home one last time, but if he's not right to go then he'd likely get a lap of honour before the match to say thank you to the home crowd

Regardless of his availability to play, they were always celebrating Tom in round 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource The 'not worthy of a thread of its own' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back