The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who looks after the GABBA oval ??? Watching tonights game and think the Middle looks like shit, What the go there ?

What, this?

f_Image217m_f08c7cd.jpg

Played a reserves game before hand thats why.

As I have mentioned before, I only know the very basics of computer use.....could someone please tell me how to start a new thread?....

When you go into a board (eg. the Brisbane board) there is a list of threads to open. Immediately above and below that list there is a button on the left hand side saying 'New Thread'. Click on that. From then on it's just like submitting a normal post except you have to also have to fill in the thread title.

Rightito! Good old Numpty Q here then please.

For those of us on the outside, can someone pls explain this entire Manangatang 3rds stuff?

Is this a satirical whoopseedoo fiction? A prologned insiders joke? A version of 'you know your a bigfooty lions supporter if you support the Manangatang 3rds initiation?

Please?

:)

For those of us on the outside, can someone pls explain this entire Manangatang 3rds stuff?

Is this a satirical whoopseedoo fiction? A prologned insiders joke? A version of 'you know your a bigfooty lions supporter if you support the Manangatang 3rds initiation?

Please?
This saying or similar has been around for quite some time.
It is a reference to a demeaning nature of the quality or lack thereof of one person's or one team's ability......hence the thirds reference.

It does not go with any set club or anything like that......other obscure small clubs/towns names have also been used as well as Manangatang at different times.......Nar Nar Goon thirds, Tallygaroopna thirds etc.
I stand to be corrected, but I think Manangatang is the original one though!

Please?

in response to all the bloody dream team questions much like we did with the round 12 or 13 last year and Jesse Smith - remember them?

in response to all the bloody dream team questions much like we did with the round 12 or 13 last year and Jesse Smith - remember them?

Ta. Kinda vaguely remember. I was a regular reader but not registered back then I think. It does ring a bell, but not a major lightbulb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to be an hysterical female for a moment!......I hate the new log-in front page!!!....Why have the whoevers changed it??....It was so simple for me.....Do you BigFooty bigwigs know just how computer illiterate I am???.......Simple is my motto!!...If you could see how long it takes me just to do what I do on here...fair dinkum you'd laugh!!.....Now please, take pity on poor old MacMum, and put it back how it was....thankyou.........end of rant...

The software that the forum is run on was recently updated to a newer version. I think it's quite new and has some problems. But I tick the box for it to log me in automatically every time and I've saved the link to the Lions Board as a favourite.

Is there any difference between a 'disposal' and a 'possession'?

Technically they mean different things, but it seems to me they are used interchangeably, and that when someone talks about a possession they are actually referring to a disposal.

Dylan12 said:
Apologies if this has been asked/suggested before and my ignorance if it is somewhere on the Lions board, but is there a spot that we could list upcoming radio/TV interviews that the Lions are conducting in advance so that we are at least aware of them.

Case in point: Was over in Perth last week and a mate called me at 1800 WST and told me Possum was being interviewed on 6PR on their sport show. Once I knew, obvioulsy i tuned in, but if there was a spot to post this news many of you would have been able to jump on the 6PR website and listened - was a really good interview considering we don't hear from Possum too much.

Same if you know Browny or any other Lion will be on "On the Couch" or "Footy Show" or Sports Tonight etc. I don't have time to watch all footy related shows but if I knew prior to the show that a Lion was on I would tune in.

Also, I seemed to miss it every week but I know Browny used to do a spot on Sport 927 in Melbourne every Tues morning IIRC. Does anyone do anything in Brisbane on a regular basis on the equivalent to 3AW/6PR/5AA - isn't 4?? something up there?

With so many news outlets, if we had a spot to notify each other would be a great help considering most radio shows are available on line. I appreciate that sometimes, like last Friday on the way to dinner I heard Browny being interviewed, again on 6PR, but at least if i was home i could have posted that he was on - you get my drift?

Only a suggestion but everytime the Lions play out of Brisbane you will find interviews being conducted on some rather esoteric outlets that some of you may know of. Hopefully this gets some legs or as i said earlier, are we already doing this? Thoughts

Black and Charman are doing the announcing on Triple M for an hour today from midday.

Who counts the 1 per centers and how many people would it take to count them all?

Surely there would be a margin of error involved unless a number of people do the counting and the count is averaged.
Hey daniel, sorry I missed this one. I think that there are commercial organisations that provide those sort of detailed stats. I have done stats on behalf of local clubs before and it is best when you have at least 2 of you doing it - one calling and one noting. It is bloody hard and, to be frank, a pretty shitty job because you don't actually get to enjoy the footy. You do sit next to the coach though and so get to hear the sprays!

In the threads re our problems with the kick-ins, people are talking about 'the huddle' - what exactly does this mean in this context? I'm assuming it's a group of players in close proximity to each other but where? Near the goal square? 50 m line? Centre square? or does it change each time? :confused:

or have I completely misunderstood? :eek:

In the threads re our problems with the kick-ins, people are talking about 'the huddle' - what exactly does this mean in this context? I'm assuming it's a group of players in close proximity to each other but where? Near the goal square? 50 m line? Centre square? or does it change each time? :confused:

or have I completely misunderstood? :eek:
No, you got it. Rather than the players moving to different areas of the ground, they group in the centre corridor, normally at the defensive end of the centre square. They then "break" for different areas of the ground, hopefully catching the other side out and enabling quick movement of the ball out of defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back