Mega Thread The OFFICIAL 2011 Draft mega thread. Rd 1 - Pick 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm hoping one of tomlinson or elton get to pick 18. Knightmare's phantom draft currently has elton to us at pick 18 so it is possible but probably unlikely.

If both are gone by our pick then I would take a hbf with pick 18 ellis,mckenzie,docherty in that order and pick a kpf with pick 40 eg)tom curran, michael bussey, nic murphy or maybe dobosz if he slides to pick 40.

Get Fev.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm yet to see a recent phantom draft that has McKenzie in the top 30.

What are the chances he could drop to 41?

Wouldn't that be a steal if we could land both Docherty and McKenzie

what are peoples views of kavanagh? is there any substance to the rumours he will slip due to concerns over his hammy? or is that simply talk and he will go to GWS as previously thought?

what are peoples views of kavanagh? is there any substance to the rumours he will slip due to concerns over his hammy? or is that simply talk and he will go to GWS as previously thought?
Have read about this possibility too. If he's there, sounds like we take him. Should be top 5 from some reports.
I think there will be a few significant sliders this year, we are in a good position.
Whoever we get, club will say they got "their man" and we'll all b wrapped anyway..

It may not be McKenzie himself, but I am confident of getting a decent prospect at 40 who has 'slid'. There will be some good players to choose from at that pick.

I would be happy if we picked up McKenzie with pick 18. Solid footballer with excellent skills. From what i have seen he is good defensively and good overhead too. To me is definately inside the top 30, and he doesn't have any glaring deficencies in his game so I can't see him falling to pick 41. I rate Grigg in the top 25, but I could see him slipping to 35-40 because of his defencies (short and a dash on the slow side).

He was rated as top 5 pick because of his under age champs carnival. He dominated. He has an inside and out game. I think the reason why he will slip is not due to his Hammy, but more due to GWS'/Brissie's draft strategy. GWS are going to target alot of big men after their intial 5 picks, while Bris have said they are going to target a big man with one of their picks. All of a sudden you have alot of talls in the top 15 picks so there are bound to be a number of sliders. Then you have bolters which will play a huge part come draft day guys like Haynes, Markworth, Frost, Manson, McInnes, Bolger and Elton.

One or two of Kav, Crozier, Adams, Buntine, Grigg, McKenzie or Ellis will slid come draft day IMO.

with pick 40 i would love to pick up Tom Sheridan got a bit of attitude bit of mongrel and from what i hear he is a pritty good player

Docherty-Sheridan F-T-W :thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

Has much word come out of the club about which direction we'll be taking... I'm starting to doubt the fact that it is set in stone that we must take a HBF with our first pick..

Last years draft but might interest you guys to know Tom Derickx said in an interview on RFC website North were going to take him with pick 69 last year.

This seems odd as the club stated we were going after a young project ruckman which we took at pick 71...

maybe the club wasn't too sold on Ben Mabon

with pick 40 i would love to pick up Tom Sheridan got a bit of attitude bit of mongrel and from what i hear he is a pritty good player

Docherty-Sheridan F-T-W :thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

Sheridan would be an excellent pick up at 40. Has both good inside and outside game, and definately has a bit of attitude. In a a way reminds me of Levi Greenwood. I'm hoping Dobosz is around at our 2nd pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back