Mega Thread The OFFICIAL 2011 Draft mega thread. Rd 1 - Pick 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Guys like Smith, Elton, Kersten and Manson go before our pick, we may have to make a decision between Kav, Docherty, Ellis and say Crozier. I wonder if the thing with his old man and his hamstring issues would have an impact? I hope not, because as u said too good to pass up.

I reckon Jack Crisp or Tom Sheridan would be a safe bet at pick 40 if Dobosz isn't around. Crisp seems to fit the profile that most of our recent draftees have. Good head on his shoulders

http://video.heraldsun.com.au/2165874343/2011-Draft-Pick-Jack-Crisp?area=videoindex14

Herald Sun's got Elton at #25, Kersten at #20, Crisp/Manson (not in first 30), Docherty at #12, Ellis at #16, Smith at #17 and Sheridan at #22.

With Kavanagh, I'd be more worried about the hamstrings than I'd be worried about Damir. Bon will sort out Damir.

Herald Sun's got Elton at #25, Kersten at #20, Crisp/Manson (not in first 30), Docherty at #12, Ellis at #16, Smith at #17 and Sheridan at #22.

With Kavanagh, I'd be more worried about the hamstrings than I'd be worried about Damir. Bon will sort out Damir.

I'm still confident of the idea of using Jack, Levi & Cunners as a sort of interrogation/hit squad.

I'm still confident of the idea of using Jack, Levi & Cunners as a sort of interrogation/hit squad.

Imagine those three interrogating suspects down at the local Police Station.

The solved crime rate would certainly rise.

If Kavanagh is still available at 18, based on talent alone, we would be crazy to pass him onto Essendon. I guess we'd need to make a decision re injury and attitude issues. I'm not comfortable with the reported issues, but I've got to put faith in the club who seem to have maintained an excellent culture despite going through significant list change. I think we are in a position to take a risk, especially considering the talent the bloke has. He would add some class to our midfield rotations and may allow Atley to be used across half back.

If Kavanagh is still available at 18, based on talent alone, we would be crazy to pass him onto Essendon. I guess we'd need to make a decision re injury and attitude issues. I'm not comfortable with the reported issues, but I've got to put faith in the club who seem to have maintained an excellent culture despite going through significant list change. I think we are in a position to take a risk, especially considering the talent the bloke has. He would add some class to our midfield rotations and may allow Atley to be used across half back.

I will be pissed if we pass on him, but I'd also be shattered if we missed out on Docherty or Mckenzie. I honestly hope we don't pick up Crozier, he would be 2-3 years away from any impact at senior level. I would personally go after a player who can have an impact after one pre-season. All of the other players mentioned above have the attributes to do that

We don't need another damn midfielder, if he's available, I say we draft a KPF and forget him.

I'd rather risk adding real quality than taking probably he sixth best tall tbh, regardless of our need for one. Next year we can get one with a lower pick in a draft where a number of the best talls haven't already been taken out and one team doesnt have 12 of the first 15 picks and as such will pick for needs.

I agree and if the clown plays up, good old uncle Zondor will crucify him, upside down style. He would then or is it than? Lick my hairy balls if you don't like the fact that I can't spoke England. Anyways the clown would understand what bullying tactics are all about. And as for his Daddy Cool, I'll slam his penis in a fridge door if he plays up. So go ahead Bryce, draft the young chap. We will make him into an NMFC star. So then or is it than? he will be thanking ****, as we all do when things go right in our lives, that he got drafted by our great club. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree and if the clown plays up, good old uncle Zondor will crucify him, upside down style. He would then or is it than? Lick my hairy balls if you don't like the fact that I can't spoke England. Anyways the clown would understand what bullying tactics are all about. And as for his Daddy Cool, I'll slam his penis in a fridge door if he plays up. So go ahead Bryce, draft the young chap. We will make him into an NMFC star. So then or is it than? he will be thanking ****, as we all do when things go right in our lives, that he got drafted by our great club. :stern look

Who else read this in a Nicholas Cage voice in their heads? Anyone? Don't care, I just laughed my dick off.

*claps*

FWIW Emma Quayle reckons the Tigers are no chance to take Kavanagh. That leaves Freo, who are heavily liked to others at 16, or the Bulldogs, who are all over Crozier, who can get to him before us. All dependent on GWS activity of course.

GWS won't take him I reckon. it seems they won't take Longer with their top 5 picks. to me that means Coninglio, Tyson, Patton, WHE and another mid will be heading their way. They will stock up on talls later on leaving Kav to slip. For some reason I hope he is gone before our pick. I would hate to see us pass on him, and for him to go on and have a good career at the scum

Atleast we will have one good option at 18- Kav, Ellis, Docherty, McKenzie....Would love any of them, Ellis takes it for me though, got plenty of tough nuts and he reminds me of a shorter bulkier jack ziebell, except he plays back/mid while jack plays forward/mid. I get this picture although grusome imagine last year round 23...Not just Jack running at N Riewoldt but Ellis running along side and a double teamed hip and shoulder....pretty sure it would have killed riewoldt...

But nah, from what I have seen of Ellis looks mature and skilled, makes the right decision and plays for the team. Seems to be a loyal kid(who wont bugger off for more money, **$cully)

[YOUTUBE]d9mlgowvmA8[/YOUTUBE]

Just wish WHE didnt have such a good back end to the season, was hopeing he would slide down to our pick :(

It would appear that the following players are (nearly) certs for top 12

Patton
Coniglio
Tyson
WHE
Buntine
Wingard
Tomlinson
Greene
Longer
Sumner
D.Smith

Papertalk has Haynes linked with GWS, Clay Smith to WB, Adams possibly going to Richmond. With luck GWS will reach for a KPD in their top 11 selections and maybe Kersten.

All this hopefully means that one of Docherty, Kavanagh or Ellis fall to the NMFC

Adams is going to Richmond. It's almost certain.

whats your mail on that? i was told recently that he was almost certain of going to GWS. AFAIK from his many discussions with GWS he believes they will call his name. interested to know what may have changed?

whats your mail on that? i was told recently that he was almost certain of going to GWS. AFAIK from his many discussions with GWS he believes they will call his name. interested to know what may have changed?

I have a few mates that play TAC Cup. The roundabout mail is that unless GWS drop a bomb, Adams will be at Richmond from next year.

interesting. maybe he is the one slipping as they reach for some KPP. i heard from a friend of the family, that GWS were in a lot of contact, had flown him to Breaky point etc and that they had told him and his family they were planning to select him. having said that wouldnt be the first time a club has said one thing, then changed their mind. very interested to see how it plays out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back