Mega Thread The OFFICIAL 2011 Draft mega thread. Rd 1 - Pick 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting. maybe he is the one slipping as they reach for some KPP. i heard from a friend of the family, that GWS were in a lot of contact, had flown him to Breaky point etc and that they had told him and his family they were planning to select him. having said that wouldnt be the first time a club has said one thing, then changed their mind. very interested to see how it plays out now.

We could both be wrong. No way to tell until Thursday night.

Re: We are no chance, but what a kid.......

This is the type of bloke you want at your footy club. All class. Will be an out and out star and the type of bloke you build your club around. Hope some weird thing happens at the draft and we can get him.
Thinking Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber...."So your saying there's a chance....":rolleyes:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/quiet-achiever-lets-actions-do-the-talking-20111121-1nqzf.html

Sounds like a top bloke. All the best to the kid.

The "weird thing", unfortunately, that must happen for us to get him is nothing short of him breaking his leg or doing his knee in the next 48 hours, which you'd never wish on a kid. And even then, he probably wouldn't last to pick 18...

The "weird thing", unfortunately, that must happen for us to get him is nothing short of him breaking his leg or doing his knee in the next 48 hours, which you'd never wish on a kid. And even then, he probably wouldn't last to pick 18...

Yeah won't happen, hence my Jim Carey ref. I really just wanted to start the thread to show how some blokes out there are desperate to play, great families, have amazing stories etc. Whoever gets him will have a ripping bloke I reckon, plus the kid can obviously seriously play.

Pick 18

What do people think we will do with our first pick? Best available or draft for a specific need? A bit of blistering pace would be good

Re: Pick 18

I'm doing a mock draft game on another website, and got allocated you guys. What do you think of Ellis or McKenzie as your first pick? Was leaning towards Ellis as I think he could fill a role for you down back and maybe release Wells up a bit more once he gets back playing.

I'm doing a mock draft game on another website, and got allocated you guys. What do you think of Ellis or McKenzie as your first pick? Was leaning towards Ellis as I think he could fill a role for you down back and maybe release Wells up a bit more once he gets back playing.
Kavanagh-Ellis-Docherty-McKenzie.

In that order.

Kav and Docherty are already gone, so good to see I had it narrowed down to two decent ones! Cheers bruv.
No worries, would be very happy with Ellis in the real deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams is going to Richmond. It's almost certain.

On media speculation, we could guess that round 1 could look something like

1. Patton
2. Coniglio
3. Tyson
4. WHE
5. Buntine
6. Wingard
7. Tomlinson
8. Greene
9. Longer
10. Sumner
11. D Smith
12. Docherty
13. Haynes
14. ??????
15.Adams
16.Ellis
17.C Smith or Crozier
18. ??????

It would seems to this rank amatuer that GWS' pick 14 could be they key. If they sneak in and pick Adams, things could change. If they pay overs for a tall (which they can afford to do) then it could look like the above.

Another interesting factor this year, is that unlike the past two years, we won't have the luxury of selecting the slider (Bastinac/Atley) and the kid that we have been really keen on (Black/Harper).

What's this Kav bloke strengths and weaknesses.

Speed?
Skill level?
Inside or outside player?

Apparently:
Good speed, nice skill set, can play inside and out, dual footed and really good decision maker. From the little ive seen he reminds me of Dal Santo. Nice size too.

Weakness: hammy and old man.

Hey guys. So all the media outlets are saying kavanagh will probably end up at North or Essendon. Rumours on the north board are he and his dad want him at essendon and his dad has tried to ward off clubs from picking him.
He nominates for the draft he goes where he gets picked and should be happy that he gets the oppurtunity of a lifetime.
I'll admit I hope he winds up at essendon. My question is Brad Scott said 'we will ask players if they want to play for us and if they do we will look at them and if they don't we will skip them'. On this logic North would skip kavanagh as he and his dad want him at the dons and not at north.
You guys have stated you should pick him up just to teach him a lesson, but do you guys really think you will given Scotts 'we will only pick players who want to play with us' line?

Hope this isn't a troll

Cheers

Hey guys. So all the media outlets are saying kavanagh will probably end up at North or Essendon. Rumours on the north board are he and his dad want him at essendon and his dad has tried to ward off clubs from picking him.
He nominates for the draft he goes where he gets picked and should be happy that he gets the oppurtunity of a lifetime.
I'll admit I hope he winds up at essendon. My question is Brad Scott said 'we will ask players if they want to play for us and if they do we will look at them and if they don't we will skip them'. On this logic North would skip kavanagh as he and his dad want him at the dons and not at north.
You guys have stated you should pick him up just to teach him a lesson, but do you guys really think you will given Scotts 'we will only pick players who want to play with us' line?

Hope this isn't a troll

Cheers

What the old man said and the young kid said might be two completely different things a la the Dokics.

It has been stated by others in the postal service that we'll look to pick him if available despite what his old man may (or may not have) said.

I doubt that he said he didn't want to play for North.'all we have is tha his dad was upset about questions re his school swap and other clubs were concerned with the old fellas approach. As for the kid, EQ reckons he's a good kid and for all we know he may have told Scott that he would love to play for North.

Hope this isn't a troll

Cheers

Cheers for your input.

I think that the bolded section is the key; there is no way that north would recruit on that basis.

We would take him if he is the best available at our pick.

Last year we didn't even interview Atley, because it was not believed he would slide to us.

Whether or not we will take him if available is yet to be seen, but I am pretty sure that if we do take him then we don't view the kafuffle during the interview as a real issue.

Would we deny ourselves a kid we potentially rank above all the others left for this reason? Personally I doubt it

Apparently:
Good speed, nice skill set, can play inside and out, dual footed and really good decision maker. From the little ive seen he reminds me of Dal Santo. Nice size too.

Weakness: hammy and old man.

Sounds very tasty in a non homophobic way:p

Lets stick it up the flith:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back