The Official 2011 Fremantle Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair point. But to steal a comment made by a fellow poster:

"Freo officials talked up our deficiencies as tall backs & forwards and an inside mid. We've got a mid, a back flanker and a fwd flanker. AGAIN none of which are WA boys. Don't expect Tunbridge/Manson to be coming to us."

None of our top picks address the KPP or inside mid issues.

Clearly the recruiters are going for best-available, and are using criteria I (and undoubtedly a bunch of other people) don't understand. Because they're definitely not picking to address needs.

Why do we need to pick WA kids?

They have addressed the needs. Inside mids, getting the ball and using the ball for quick movement.

Do you think Essendon regret taking Heppell last year? They needed mids too but got the best kid they saw.

In this draft we have grabbed a potential Hayes, a potential Fyfe, a potential Heppell, and a potential Boyd.

Fine by me.

Not a single Key Position player in all our selections. Mark my words, this is a serious F*&%$NG mistake from our selectors.

Bloody Headless!!!!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Ahahahahahhahahaha

Yeah.. because there were SOOOOOOOO many taken so early on because they are all awesome. Face it, everyone has said that quality talls are thin.

This has been good drafting for mine. While we haven't been taking KPPs, nobody else has either. There are a lot of good tall players heading for the rookie draft.

I've been saying for months that taking KPPs late is pointless. The talent in the rookie draft will be just as good.

Why do we need to pick WA kids?

They have addressed the needs. Inside mids, getting the ball and using the ball for quick movement.

Do you think Essendon regret taking Heppell last year? They needed mids too but got the best kid they saw.

In this draft we have grabbed a potential Hayes, a potential Fyfe, a potential Heppell, and a potential Boyd.

Fine by me.

But who do they kick it to? Who's going to be the ones kicking it through the big sticks? :eek:

Not a single Key Position player in all our selections. Mark my words, this is a serious F*&%$NG mistake from our selectors.

Bloody Headless!!!!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

i suggest you take your blood pressure medication... i think you will look back at your posts with embarrassment in time. Im also tipping you know nothing about any of these players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The following players will be available in the RD

Jack Frost
Sam Frost
Dylan Orval
Jai Sheehan
Andrew Boseley
Ben Brown
Brodie Mihocek
Tom Lee
Waylen Manson
Simon Tunbridge
Justin Clarke
Lee Spurr

But who do they kick it to? Who's going to be the ones kicking it through the big sticks? :eek:

That Pav bloke goes alright. Fyfe isn't bad either.

Even Keplar can be dangerous. Add in Sandi and Zac taking a break up there and I'm ok.

Failing that they can kick it to one of our smaller guys as well.

Taking tall players because they are tall is stupid.

Year after year the same hysterical rubbish. It's worth reading the comments when Ballas was taken to realise how little most know.

Thats it. Our strategy must have identified the type of players that we have been recruiting recently as the way of the future. So imo either we are way ahead of the curve or we will crash and burn. Will be interesting to find out which it is the coming years.

I assume the strategy is draft best available then look to trade/recruit experienced players to fill any gaps (Jack Anthony, Zach Dawson, Mitch Clark).

Ahahahahahhahahaha

Yeah.. because there were SOOOOOOOO many taken so early on because they are all awesome. Face it, everyone has said that quality talls are thin.

Now Brades, you know that I am willing to drive to S.A. to sort you out so you had better behave yourself.
On another point, you DONT think that Kersten was a player that we needed in our team??? Come on, get off the S.A. grass.:thumbsdown:

I may be wrong on a couple of these but here's a few who's left for the PSD or RD;

Simon Tunbridge
Andrew Boseley
Shane Nelson
Brody Mihocek
Gibson Turner
Kyle Horsley
Sam Frost
Cam Eardley
Lee Spur
Max Duffy
Haiden Schlothe
Marley Williams