The Official 2011 Fremantle Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So because you don't understand it it means THEY are stupid?

Fair point. But to steal a comment made by a fellow poster:

"Freo officials talked up our deficiencies as tall backs & forwards and an inside mid. We've got a mid, a back flanker and a fwd flanker. AGAIN none of which are WA boys. Don't expect Tunbridge/Manson to be coming to us."

None of our top picks address the KPP or inside mid issues.

Clearly the recruiters are going for best-available, and are using criteria I (and undoubtedly a bunch of other people) don't understand. Because they're definitely not picking to address needs.

Trying to figure out why we went for those guys. All I can figure is that we're height-ist. All are 6'2 or taller.

Clearly that's some kind of set-in-stone criteria for our drafting, because nothing else seems to make sense.

Question 1: Can you get the ball for yourself? No? No matter.

Question 2: Are you 185 cm or taller? Yes.

We'll stop there then...

Yep, we'll have this bloke!

No need for a KPP. They grow on trees.

There's your small mid. Lachie Neale 177cm.

Another small mid, Nelson has dropped. Most had him late first, early second.

More than happy with our recruiting staff and from what I have seen of Crozier he will be a good get. Still would have liked the big full forward, but perhaps they arent as important in modern footy.

Thats it. Our strategy must have identified the type of players that we have been recruiting recently as the way of the future. So imo either we are way ahead of the curve or we will crash and burn. Will be interesting to find out which it is the coming years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats it. Our strategy must have identified the type of players that we have been recruiting recently as the way of the future. So imo either we are way ahead of the curve or we will crash and burn. Will be interesting to find out which it is the coming years.

This is Freo... which do you reckon??? :( :eek:

I have to say I'm just bewildered. Are we not allowed to pick anyone from WA anymore?

This is my only issue with our head of recruiting being based in Melbourne.

The main problem with stocking our squad full of eastern staters is they all demand a premium to stay here every contract renegotiation.

Our recruiters look pretty comfortable ...

brad-pitt-jonah-hill-filming-moneyball.jpg

Taken on my iPhone

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official 2011 Fremantle Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back