The Official 2011 Fremantle Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Get the impression clean handling is a top priority. not bad, one thing i notice about the pies is they rarely fumble the ball. Means you retain the pill. But still was surprised at Sheridan, not disappointed.

Lol @ responses on here. People had a sad when we selected the unknown Fyfe @ 20 two years ago. A lot of you have never watched a full game that these kids have played I bet.

The meltdown over Ballantyne was even more epic. We know how that turned out. I know so little about these guys other than BF hype (which is almost always wrong anyway) that I'll have to back the recruiters.

It's just the same shit different year. We leave the local Key Position forward and take a few skinny runners. How many of these do we need? Don't tell me we couldn't use Darling or Kersten. The fact Geelong took Kersten tells me he's going to be a star. They simply don't pick duds.
I have to say I'm just bewildered. Are we not allowed to pick anyone from WA anymore?

You're making Kim Hagdorn look like the smartest man on the planet.

Maybe so.

But these guys seem a lot like guys we already have. It's hard to see how the pieces all fit together.

Hopefully I'll be eating my words in a year's time or so.

Need some bigger bodies I would think for our next two picks... Otherwise we're gonna have shit depth other than some skinny kids if we cop an ugly injury run like we did this season.

More than happy with our recruiting staff and from what I have seen of Crozier he will be a good get. Still would have liked the big full forward, but perhaps they arent as important in modern footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

54 should be interesting..

Probably someone nobody's even heard of.

For the record i'm NOT impressed so far. Freo officials talked up our deficiencies as tall backs & forwards and an inside mid. We've got a mid, a back flanker and a fwd flanker. AGAIN none of which are WA boys. Don't expect Tunbridge/Manson to be coming to us.

There goes Kersten to Geelong at 34.

Certainly not writing the kid off but people need to calm down. Obviously has plenty of flaws in his game if he slid to 34 in a shallow draft.

I remember people vindicating the Tarrant deal 5 years ago because we got a couple of guns in Collard and Mourish with the picks we retained.......

It's just the same shit different year. We leave the local Key Position forward and take a few skinny runners. How many of these do we need? Don't tell me we couldn't use Darling or Kersten. The fact Geelong took Kersten tells me he's going to be a star. They simply don't pick duds.
I have to say I'm just bewildered. Are we not allowed to pick anyone from WA anymore?

We need a tall back flanker and we need midfield quality. Not sure we need a forward flank but I suspect that it was a "best available" pick.

Some good judges have said that Crozier could potentially be one of the better players from the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official 2011 Fremantle Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back