List Mgmt. The Official 2012 Trade, Free Agency and List Management Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caddy trade has a lot to play out still, so that probs won't get done for another week, or at the earliest this week. There is still time for it to go either way now that we've upped our offer, and confident we can get this done.

HOWEVER, H-Mac (however unfortunate it is he's leaving), looks to be something that the Cats want done and out of the way. Early in the week that will most likely go down. (they have other list priorities and deals that aren't relevant to our board)
what do you think we will get for H?

As much as I don't like it, it'll be the second rounder. Cats never part with a first round pick.

But again, bar that text message about Caddy, I'm working on 24 to 48 hour old info on everything, so maybe there is more to the trade Donald and co. are trying to work out so they can get a shot at that first rounder.

As much as I don't like it, it'll be the second rounder. Cats never part with a first round pick.

But again, bar that text message about Caddy, I'm working on 24 to 48 hour old info on everything, so maybe there is more to the trade Donald and co. are trying to work out so they can get a shot at that first rounder.

Um don't we have the whip hand here? Or do we just bend over for them?
Geelong want, Geelong pay. Ffs grow a set Donald.

I would spew if we got #40 (as an example) for Hamish. It would surely only be done to free up cap space. Would rather say to Geelong, after their medical tests and talk of making him #1 ruck "oh you're offering pick 40?, that's nice, we will just keep him thanks. Try your luck in the draft for a better option".

Would have absolutely no problem with keeping him and playing him if the Cats want to lowball us.

Not sure, but do we even need to urgently free up cap space with Super Gav off our books?

Would have absolutely no problem with keeping him and playing him if the Cats want to lowball us.

Not sure, but do we even need to urgently free up cap space with Super Gav off our books?

Our contract situation is and has been a disaster for some time.

I would hate to think what money some players are on eg: Goldy, Bastinac, Richarson, Speight, Anthony.

The length of contracts being offered is also screwing up our list management,

We have cap space, of course. Think of all the potential guns we have that would want payrises in a couple years

Any interest in Dylan Roberton from Freo who wants to move home to Vic? He's a good size and uses the ball well. Reminds me of a young Scott McMahon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is a few trade scenarios that I thought might make things interesting:

Pick 35 + Pedo + Warren to melbourne for Pick 26 + Pick 82

Pick 26 + McIntosh to Geelong for pick 15 or compo pick

Pick 14 + Pick 15 to GC for Josh Caddy + Tom Hicky + pick 25 + pick 44

Lose: Pick 14, 35, McIntosh, Pedo, Warren

Gain: Caddy, Hicky, 25, 44

I would spew if we got #40 (as an example) for Hamish. It would surely only be done to free up cap space. Would rather say to Geelong, after their medical tests and talk of making him #1 ruck "oh you're offering pick 40?, that's nice, we will just keep him thanks. Try your luck in the draft for a better option".

IMO, the Saints were close to tabling a deal with Tom Hickey, we nick him, the Saints are back on the Hmac train.

I say bidding war.

Rookies are outside the cap unless they get elevated so I'm pretty sure Gav (he's just regular Gav now) leaving won't make a difference.

However, we do now finally have Hale off the books. I'm glad that was part of the deal. Didn't end up hurting us and if we hadn't agreed to it, we wouldn't have Kieran Harper.

Rookies are outside the cap unless they get elevated so I'm pretty sure Gav (he's just regular Gav now) leaving won't make a difference.

However, we do now finally have Hale off the books. I'm glad that was part of the deal. Didn't end up hurting us and if we hadn't agreed to it, we wouldn't have Kieran Harper.

I am sure the AFL would have included Gav's salary in the total cap as it was first agreed to when he was on the main list.

Have been told the those players are gone,
Garlett has come back from holidays and told the club he is quitting football, club are trying to trade him to WA where he has family.

Warren has been told if no home is found for him during trade period he will be delisted.

Campbell has been given the flick,dont know much about this one.

in other news, Gavin Urquhart is going to play college football, as a punter.

Sad to lose Garlett. Very good depth player, but he obviously wants more game time. Who would more likely want him, WCE or Freo?

Any news on McKinley or Edwards?
rumour around the club is that they are both also gone, but none of the players know for sure, richmond are keen on edwards, thing is tho with hansen rejecting his new deal it might give one of those players an opportunity.

rumour around the club is that they are both also gone, but none of the players know for sure, richmond are keen on edwards, thing is tho with hansen rejecting his new deal it might give one of those players an opportunity.
So Hansen may be gone or is he just negotiating for a better deal? Rejected deals at this time of year are not a good thing, especially if another club is sniffing around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back