List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & EssendonMelbourne receives Essendon's R1 (9), 2025 R3 Pick
Essendon receives Melbourne's 2025 F1, 2024 R2 (28,40), R3(46,54), R4 (65) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & AdelaideAdelaide receives Melbourne's 2025 3R Pick
Melbourne receives Adelaide's 2024 3R(46) Pick
11-10-24 - Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

Yeah I sure as hell would hate another Harry, George or Colby.

And Gold Coast is exactly where they are because of these sorts of deals (Weller, Bowes etc)

I have no problem them trading picks, getting fair value.

But these leaks in the media are absolutely disgusting.

Pick 25 in the deepest draft in years for a Dogs 2’s player that is on the nose of every analyst in the competition? When there’s a metric ton of great KPP and small forward on that range this year?

A F1 AND CHANGE for pick 13 so we can go after a 28 year old half back flanker. That doesn’t want to join the club? Something that reeks of total desperation it’s embarrassing?

If we go through with these deals, we can all remember the time this rebuild completely failed.

You dont **** around with draft capital like this, especially when the payoff is these sorts of players.

Let's calm on the deepest draft for years mentality too.... we won't know that for a good 3-4 yrs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Really interesting discussion on Trade Radio right now about how high draft picks aren’t necessarily the best players long term or what clubs value the most.

Out of 19 B&Fs this year only 4 of them top 10 picks. One was a mid season draft pick, a couple were rookie picks, a number of them selected in the 50s and 60s. A number of them now playing at their 2nd or even 3rd club.

The emphasis is on player development.
“Don’t fall in love with the draft pick”

I don't know if what were doing is the right thing or not but I tell ya what's guaranteed though, Alastair Clarkson, Todd Viney and Brady Rawlings have a far greater knowledge and handle on whats required to build a premiership club than your BigFooty Sphynxs and Psychosi and others

I see you've drunk the Kool Aid of thinking three uber professionals involved in multiple flags at multiple clubs have a better idea than social media randoms.

Let's calm on the deepest draft for yours mentality too.... we won't know that for a good 3-4 yrs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If our F1 can only fetch 13 (and might not be enough to) and most teams are trying to get more picks in this draft, it's safe to say it's a very deep draft.

Really interesting discussion on Trade Radio right now about how high draft picks aren’t necessarily the best players long term or what clubs value the most.

Out of 19 B&Fs this year only 4 of them top 10 picks. One was a mid season draft pick, a couple were rookie picks, a number of them selected in the 50s and 60s. A number of them now playing at their 2nd or even 3rd club.

Yeah, well I was listening to Draft Radio and they said the opposite. Who to believe?

I don't know if what were doing is the right thing or not but I tell ya what's guaranteed though, Alastair Clarkson, Todd Viney and Brady Rawlings have a far greater knowledge and handle on whats required to build a premiership club than your BigFooty Sphynxs and Psychosi and others
You'd hope so. The only relevant comparison is how we are placed relative to other clubs.

We've apparently offered our future 1st to Port for Houston, they want a pick in this year's draft. Pick 13 is what Collingwood want to get to make the Houston trade, so we've upped the ante and take pick 13 with future 1st get Houston and shove it up everyone's arse.
Good. We should have done this last week.

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

B&Fs winners aren't necessarily the best players on the team. Missing a couple of games can make a big difference to a players chance of winning.

I haven't look up who one them at other clubs this year to know though.

Are you shaking your fist at clouds man? JJ was talking in depth about this just 15 minutes ago. I’m not making stuff up and importantly he makes an extremely good case.
Yeah but you're listening to Trade Radio. Big E is tuned in to Draft Radio. They think differently over there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 25 goes out to 30 after F/S and Academy picks. Pick 48 likely comes into 44ish.

It's basically a pick downgrade of 14 spots for a seasoned 28 year old with great foot skills and (I'm reliably informed) a cultural gem at the Dogs.
I get the ball use Daniel brings but I just think he's a player who can't defend down back.
Give up a F3 or swap F2's if we are that keen. At least we could recover that draft position next year.
I'd rather be earlier in the order this year to get a better key position prospect than sliding back 14 spots.

So Hawthorn and St Kilda have both offered an F1 and F2 for the GC pick 13. It's crazy how in demand it is.

I see you've drunk the Kool Aid of thinking three uber professionals involved in multiple flags at multiple clubs have a better idea than social media randoms.
The CVs don't mean anything once you've got the job. Based off past offseasons and the footy we've seen this year it's laughable to say these guys are beyond judgement.

So Hawthorn and St Kilda have both offered an F1 and F2 for the GC pick 13. It's crazy how in demand it is.
Clubs want success now.
They don't want to wait another 12 months.
Can't always trade future picks to get into the following years draft.
Success on field will always get free agents to come across.
North need to be doing more of this.

Clarko is a funny rooster, there was all that talk when we first signed him that he'd pulled out his phonebook ringing round players to gauge who might want to come across. Whenever you see him post game and chatting to an oppo player you just know he's recruiting (successful or not).

If only it was that easy.

Are you shaking your fist at clouds man? JJ was talking in depth about this just 15 minutes ago. I’m not making stuff up and importantly he makes an extremely good case.
In all seriouslyness, draft history shows there is a reasonably linear relationship between where a person is taken in the draft and how good they turn out to be - in terms of how many games they play, how many coaches' votes and Brownlow votes they get, etc.

Looking at one year's B & Fs and extrapolating from that is pretty lazy analysis.

Turn it up Pykies.

Let's just draft 18 year olds forever, that should do the trick. Just look at GWS and Gold Coast.
The GWS that has played off in a Grand Final and played finals regularly because they drafted kids and built a side rather than throwing around picks for any bloke that looked in their direction like Gold Coast did.

If you wanted to prove a point that drafting elite talent isn’t the solution then GWS is an odd team to put up to prove that point.

Did you forget about the years that their young team was getting beat up regularly on their way to building a list sustainable of playing finals footy and getting to Grand Finals. Arguably if they didn’t shit the bed against Brisbane, they are the 2024 Premiers. All off the back of brining in elite talent and some savvy pick ups like Hogan.

The GWS that has played off in a Grand Final and played finals regularly because they drafted kids and built a side rather than throwing around picks for any bloke that looked in their direction like Gold Coast did.

If you wanted to prove a point that drafting elite talent isn’t the solution then GWS is an odd team to put up to prove that point.

Did you forget about the years that their young team was getting beat up regularly on their way to building a list sustainable of playing finals footy and getting to Grand Finals. Arguably if they didn’t shit the bed against Brisbane, they are the 2024 Premiers.
The GWS team which had been given the biggest leg up in AFL history? The leg up where they used past top 5 players (because they had so many of them) to trade into draft after draft? GWS will probably be parity with NMFC in about 5 years when the likes of their hand outs hit retirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back