List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & EssendonMelbourne receives Essendon's R1 (9), 2025 R3 Pick
Essendon receives Melbourne's 2025 F1, 2024 R2 (28,40), R3(46,54), R4 (65) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & AdelaideAdelaide receives Melbourne's 2025 3R Pick
Melbourne receives Adelaide's 2024 3R(46) Pick
11-10-24 - Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

Imagine giving our F1 for 13 to the suns. The suns get screw by everyone and we let them screw us. wow
You'd certainly want something else back like 23 or 29 from the Suns to make that deal.
I think there needs to be a little less fixation on the number we get back this year, it's the player we get with it that matters.
If we think say Houston in a trade or Jobe Shanahan/Jack Whitlock or whoever is a better talent at 13 this year than what we would take in the top 5 pick next year, you pull the trigger on it and get that player in 12 months earlier.
We can trade back into next years draft from 2026 and perhaps get a mid/late 2026 R1 back to match Harris or McCartney in 2026 draft if they could be 1st round level. This could be part of the thinking perhaps bringing R1's forward.

I'm not on board 25 for Daniel and 48. That's a stupid trade if true, even if 48 becomes early 40's after bids.
Pick 25 is prime spot for a key position player or small forward like Hannaford perhaps.

The same bigger picture “strategic” direction that saw Dylan Stephens get a 4 year deal.

I don’t know what’s worse at the moment. Having Rawlings at the wheel who has a track record of terrible mature age recruiting targets and overpaying.

Or Clarko/Viney clearly desperate knowing they have 12 months to seriously improve before the knives are out in the media.

It’s a nightmare combination, that some of us have seen coming for months.

We are 1 bad trade period from being St Kilda/Essendon and back to mid table, orchestrated by a group of men with some self interest at play here at the moment. 1 shocking trade period from completely torpedoing the 6-7 years of work the supporters have had to endure during this absolute cluster ****.

If we trade the best part of 2 years worth of R1 picks for what amounts to 28 year old Dan ****ing Houston and Caleb Daniel, after we’ve picked up 2 HBF in the first round in the last 3 drafts, played two top 2 picks at half back on that same period. ****ing hell…

The club and its board have officially jumped the shark on the supporters. Absolute weak as piss if this is their “strategic” long term game at this point of the build. Absolutely gutless and a complete shit on the supporters who have patiently endured this in the hope of a genuine chance at success.

I told you all Clarko said only a few weeks ago his revised goal was to get “us competitive”. It wasn’t to win a flag. This ****ing screams that.
Turn it up Pykies.

Let's just draft 18 year olds forever, that should do the trick. Just look at GWS and Gold Coast.

The same bigger picture “strategic” direction that saw Dylan Stephens get a 4 year deal.

I don’t know what’s worse at the moment. Having Rawlings at the wheel who has a track record of terrible mature age recruiting targets and overpaying.

Or Clarko/Viney clearly desperate knowing they have 12 months to seriously improve before the knives are out in the media.

We are 1 bad trade period from being St Kilda/Essendon and back to mid table, orchestrated by a group of men with some self interest at play here at the moment. 1 shocking trade period from completely torpedoing the 6-7 years of work the supporters have had to endure during this absolute cluster ****.

If we trade the best part of 2 years worth of R1 picks for what amounts to 28 year old Dan ****ing Houston and Caleb Daniel, after we’ve picked up 2 HBF in the first round in the last 3 drafts, played two top 2 picks at half back on that same period. ****ing hell…

The club and its board have officially jumped the shark on the supporters. Absolute weak as piss if this is their “strategic” long term game at this point of the build. Absolutely gutless and a complete shit on the supporters who have patiently endured this in the hope of a genuine chance at success.

I told you all Clarko said only a few weeks ago his revised goal was to get “us competitive”. It wasn’t to win a flag. This ****ing screams that.
I actually think Clarko is starting to doubt whether this group will unlock the belief to win and turnaround if we don't bring in some mature talent.

I think its evident that they underestimated how bad and broken we are. More kids won't help.

You spoke to him though, whats your take?

Lmao this is some ****ing melt

None of what you said has happened. Stop having a tantrum and go have a lie down.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I actually think Clarko is starting to doubt whether this group will unlock the belief to win and turnaround if we don't bring in some mature talent.

I think its evident that they underestimated how bad and broken we are. More kids won't help.

You spoke to him though, whats your take?
I dont think it's doubt tbh. I think it's an acknowledgement that they need more support from players mature of body and mind so we can get wins on their board - which not only teaches young players how to win but also builds confidence and belief, which are massively underrated. A 2025 18 year old doesn't do any of those things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turn it up Pykies.

Let's just draft 18 year olds forever, that should do the trick. Just look at GWS and Gold Coast.

Yeah I sure as hell would hate another Harry, George or Colby.

And Gold Coast is exactly where they are because of these sorts of deals (Weller, Bowes etc)

I have no problem them trading picks, getting fair value.

But these leaks in the media are absolutely disgusting.

Pick 25 in the deepest draft in years for a Dogs 2’s player that is on the nose of every analyst in the competition? When there’s a metric ton of great KPP and small forward on that range this year?

A F1 AND CHANGE for pick 13 so we can go after a 28 year old half back flanker. That doesn’t want to join the club? Something that reeks of total desperation it’s embarrassing?

If we go through with these deals, we can all remember the time this rebuild completely failed.

You dont **** around with draft capital like this, especially when the payoff is these sorts of players.

I cant find what rawlings is supposed to have done. Is it something from this draft?

Its something only middle aged men who have a personality disorder can see.

Its something only middle aged men who have a personality disorder can see.
Time for a Jan 6 style Arden St insurrection I reckon.

Angry crowds stop traffic at the Macauley Rd junction.

"Whose draft? our draft! whose draft? our draft!"

Silhouettes against a bonfire of old Canterbury merch.

An old megaphone bellows "our rebuild is being stolen away from us... hang the schnoz, hang the schnoz..."

I don't know if what were doing is the right thing or not but I tell ya what's guaranteed though, Alastair Clarkson, Todd Viney and Brady Rawlings have a far greater knowledge and handle on whats required to build a premiership club than your BigFooty Sphynxs and Psychosi and others

None of what you said has happened. Stop having a tantrum and go have a lie down.

Yeah, the kool aid crew is out again.

Based on what’s reported, If we don’t embarrass ourselves with this Daniel recruitment, it’s because apparently Sam Power is an even bigger idiot than Brady Rawlings.

You'd certainly want something else back like 23 or 29 from the Suns to make that deal.
I think there needs to be a little less fixation on the number we get back this year, it's the player we get with it that matters.
If we think say Houston in a trade or Jobe Shanahan/Jack Whitlock or whoever is a better talent at 13 this year than what we would take in the top 5 pick next year, you pull the trigger on it and get that player in 12 months earlier.
We can trade back into next years draft from 2026 and perhaps get a mid/late 2026 R1 back to match Harris or McCartney in 2026 draft if they could be 1st round level. This could be part of the thinking perhaps bringing R1's forward.

I'm not on board 25 for Daniel and 48. That's a stupid trade if true, even if 48 becomes early 40's after bids.
Pick 25 is prime spot for a key position player or small forward like Hannaford perhaps.

Pick 25 goes out to 30 after F/S and Academy picks. Pick 48 likely comes into 44ish.

It's basically a pick downgrade of 14 spots for a seasoned 28 year old with great foot skills and (I'm reliably informed) a cultural gem at the Dogs.

I suspect the brief to Brady from Clarko and Viney, and ticked off by the board, is that we want to get experienced players in to be far more competitive next year and were willing to sacrifice significant draft capital to do that. It's then Bradys job to lead negotiations and deliver on the brief.

I think some of the criticism of Brady alone is over the top tbh

Sounds like.... Copium!

They shouldn't and seriously doubt they would be dictating what they should be doing. If you don't think they are doing a good job then sack them and get someone you have confidence in. You shouldn't be backseat driving a role they have no ****ing idea about. Most of the people on the board are bean counters nowadays, might as well put recruitment into my hands. I can do a great spreadsheet.

They are well within their rights to ask why do you keep recruiting one-paced 70kg runts with mediocre foot skills that are 7 year project players and if they aren't satisfied with the answers then get rid of them.

Unless someone at the club says otherwise, it is only the list manager and recruiters that are responsible for who comes in and out of the club. They have to be on the same page as Clarkson and Viney so there would be communication about what the club needs. Clarkson should be worried about the state of the list, it wouldn't surprise me if he has put in a request for some more mature players.

Yeah, the kool aid crew is out again.

Based on what’s reported, If we don’t embarrass ourselves with this Daniel recruitment, it’s because apparently Sam Power is an even bigger idiot than Brady Rawlings.

‘Kool aid crew’ ? Do you mean people a little more emotionally grounded?

Don’t believe everything you read. You might find life more enjoyable that way. Until something happens, just cool your jets. 90% of what is reported would be false.

Sounds like.... Copium!

They shouldn't and seriously doubt they would be dictating what they should be doing. If you don't think they are doing a good job then sack them and get someone you have confidence in. You shouldn't be backseat driving a role they have no ****ing idea about. Most of the people on the board are bean counters nowadays, might as well put recruitment into my hands. I can do a great spreadsheet.

They are well within their rights to ask why do you keep recruiting one-paced 70kg runts with mediocre foot skills that are 7 year project players and if they aren't satisfied with the answers then get rid of them.

Unless someone at the club says otherwise, it is only the list manager and recruiters that are responsible for who comes in and out of the club. They have to be on the same page as Clarkson and Viney so there would be communication about what the club needs. Clarkson should be worried about the state of the list, it wouldn't surprise me if he has put in a request for some more mature players.
He had the opportunity to bring in experience two years ago when they Clarko hype was at its highest.

He brought in Dan Howe and Liam Shiels….

They have to be on the same page as Clarkson and Viney so there would be communication about what the club needs. Clarkson should be worried about the state of the list, it wouldn't surprise me if he has put in a request for some more mature players.

Clarko is a funny rooster, there was all that talk when we first signed him that he'd pulled out his phonebook ringing round players to gauge who might want to come across. Whenever you see him post game and chatting to an oppo player you just know he's recruiting (successful or not).

Sounds like.... Copium!

This is pretty naive. Clubs just wouldn't operate in silos like this. Coaching and list management would have to be aligned on strategy, overseen by Viney. And I obviously don't know because I don't pretend to be itk like others, but this is an approach that's surely ticked off by the board too given how much draft capital we reported to get prepared to give away

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back