List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, we were massively into Docherty in his draft year, we rated him higher than McKenzie, so it wouldn't surprise me.

In saying that, Mullett, McKenzie, Atley and then McDonald are all similar in some roundabout way positional wise, Docherty is in the same boat, he has pretty good pace though.

Question is, what's your next move? Hint: you made it last year when you let Goddard go and took the compo.

ummm Goddard got 800k... again he got 800K.... he is um not worth 800k....
i dont see how Goddard got brought up, but i never understand what point you are trying to make.

HAHAHHAHAHA you completely failed to answer the one question i asked you AGAIN I WILL ASK, WHEN DO U THINK YOU SHOULD BE A TOP 4 TEAM...

and no i dont think we have the worst list, i think GWS has the worst List in football (your question alluded to nothing in the future)
howveer if its based on the future i think its to early to call, ill come back to the Roos BF forum and answer it because i wanna see if we draft Kelly and what happens to Bruce, Deleany, Dal, fisher

I was taking the piss out of you mate, I don't care for your questions - it has no bearing on the potential trade/exchange.

List certainly takes into account future - it is comprised of players who given the respective stages of their careers logically will either improve, stagnate etc. However, this again is irrelevant, didn't respond to the important part of my comment: getting compensation for Dal Santo is the Saints best case scenario - keeping him helps you less.

HAHAHHAHAHA you completely failed to answer the one question i asked you AGAIN I WILL ASK, WHEN DO U THINK YOU SHOULD BE A TOP 4 TEAM...

and no i dont think we have the worst list, i think GWS has the worst List in football (your question alluded to nothing in the future)
howveer if its based on the future i think its to early to call, ill come back to the Roos BF forum and answer it because i wanna see if we draft Kelly and what happens to Bruce, Deleany, Dal, fisher

funny coming from you, still waiting to hear what is unfair about the trade scenario I put forward, would love to know how highly you rate NDS.

sadly after giving you the benefit of doubt (I should have known better) you are starting to appear to be a mere troll, and not a very good one at that.:thumbsdown:

WE JUST CAME OFF A PREMESHIP WINDOW, something you guys most likely due to GWS, Gold coast, Hawks never encounter.

i bet 12 months ago you didnt think Port had any good young kids when they finished 3rd bottom..

Congrats on your period of errr.... dominance? Those premiership cups must be great to look at. Oh wait.

Your premiership window failed, and you've tried to hold on to that window as long as you could which has led to a list that has a lot of older players and not much else thats good. You NEED to go through a rebuild and to fast track that you need to clear out some of the top end for talented youngsters.

Your premiership window means nothing when you did nothing with it, so you're in the same boat as us, competing against GWS/Coast and the Hawks (who are no guarantee to be a force in future years with the possible leaving of franklin and some older heads to give way in coming years).

I was taking the piss out of you mate, I don't care for your questions - it has bearing on the potential trade/exchange.

List certainly takes into account future - it is comprised of players who given the respective stages of their careers logically will either improve, stagnate etc. However, this again is irrelevant, didn't respond to the important part of my comment: getting compensation for Dal Santo is the Saints best case scenario - keeping him helps you less.

fair call i agree with your response.

i still feel the best option for us and safest is to take our destiny of compensation into our own hands and to take a trade with either you or one of the other clubs who have reportedly shown interest.

funny coming from you, still waiting to hear what is unfair about the trade scenario I put forward, would love to know how highly you rate NDS.

sadly after giving you the benefit of doubt (I should have known better) you are starting to appear to be a mere troll, and not a very good one at that.:thumbsdown:

which trade was it..

if its just deleany + 2nd for dal then i would decline however please share your proposal.

and please dont cop out and call me a troll. all you have to do is look at the effort i have put into some of my posts to see I'm generally just annoyed at people saying we have the worst list.

Congrats on your period of errr.... dominance? Those premiership cups must be great to look at. Oh wait.

Your premiership window failed, and you've tried to hold on to that window as long as you could which has led to a list that has a lot of older players and not much else thats good. You NEED to go through a rebuild and to fast track that you need to clear out some of the top end for talented youngsters.

Your premiership window means nothing when you did nothing with it, so you're in the same boat as us, competing against GWS/Coast and the Hawks (who are no guarantee to be a force in future years with the possible leaving of franklin and some older heads to give way in coming years).

i know were going through a rebuild and i beleive through the hickey and lee trades have fast tracked us somewhat. AFL suggests being really bad and getting top picks is an easily way to make it back t the top then staying in the middle of the pack and one year leaping towards the top 4

which trade was it..

if its just deleany + 2nd for dal then i would decline however please share your proposal.

and please dont cop out and call me a troll. all you have to do is look at the effort i have put into some of my posts to see I'm generally just annoyed at people saying we have the worst list.

okay against my gut feeling that you are merely a troll, I'll give you one more chance to prove you are different to most Saints fans I have met.

more then happy to take the next best kid with our draft pick, Bryce tends to get them right, St Kilda can lead their young kids to the promised land with Lenny Hayes, Sam Fisher, Nick Crywoldt, Leigh Montagna, Sean Dempster, Clinton Jones and Nick Del Santo all 30 or over at the start of next season that is seven players that are not going to be part of anything, you can add Schnieder as well but he will be a few months shy of 30 or St Kilda can let NDS come to North via FA and gain a prized end of first round compensation pick and add another talented kid to your list.

now, you want Delaney, just wondering what St Kilda will have to pay for him in trade considering they did not want to try and get to a win/win at the end of trade week, without NDS involved I think we would be asking for your 2nd rounder (pick 21 as it currently stands, demand = value), we would be happy with a mid 2nd rounder, but you don't have one of them, I doubt we would push Luke towards St Kilda for a third rounder.

repeating again a win/win would be

Saints gets Delaney and pick 43 (as it currently stands)
North gets pick 37 (as it currently stands)

North gets NDS
Saints get end of round one compensation pick (19 as it stands now)

if I had anything to do with it I would try to squeeze an exchange of 2nd rounders too, but like you I just want more then what is reasonable for my club.:D

i know were going through a rebuild and i beleive through the hickey and lee trades have fast tracked us somewhat. AFL suggests being really bad and getting top picks is an easily way to make it back t the top then staying in the middle of the pack and one year leaping towards the top 4

Cute. The McEvoy+Hickey duo looked great this year. They'll be perfect if the AFL brings in an 8 man interchange. Meanwhile, Lee is still built like a 16yo and will never be a genuine KPF (strong chance he never makes it at all IMO).

which trade was it..

Don't worry ,the way things are going over at Essendon. You won't have the worst list for long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how that working for Melbourne?:D

how that working for Melbourne?:D

all you have to look at is teams like St.kilda in their premiership run or hawks currently or Port coming through..

the easiest way to get better is to get really bad and get picks

okay against my gut feeling that you are merely a troll, I'll give you one more chance to prove you are different to most Saints fans I have met.
i still dont see dal leaving money on the table and (600k) if your proposed deal is at the 500kish range. so i feel you will have to trade with us. that deal is

howver lets say it is at 600k or more then i would accept it barring any stupid irrational decision from a richmond giving us thier first rounder

i still dont see dal leaving money on the table and (600k) if your proposed deal is at the 500kish range. so i feel you will have to trade with us. that deal is

howver lets say it is at 600k or more then i would accept it barring any stupid irrational decision from a richmond giving us thier first rounder

who said that, I did say $1.5M over 3 years would be fair compared to 600K over 1 year a few pages back. However his rate of pay is not a major concern to us, we are currently at 92 or 95% so no cap problem and I am yet to see a North player not extend their contract, so admin must be fair and reasonable to deal with, what type of remuneration do you think the Saints will offer NDS in his next contract? $600K a year for a 31 year old?

And this is relevant to trade vs FA how exactly?

I think a trade would ensure we continue his current pay rate unless he wishes to renegotiate, which you think he would anyway to lengthen his contract, would he really want $600K over 1 year compared to $1.4 to $1.5 over 3 years, I doubt it very much.

who said that, I did say $1.5M over 3 years would be fair compared to 600K over 1 year a few pages back. However his rate of pay is not a major concern to us, we are currently at 92 or 95% so no cap problem and I am yet to see a North player not extend their contract, so admin must be fair and reasonable to deal with, what type of remuneration do you think the Saints will offer NDS in his next contract? $600K a year for a 31 year old?

yeah i have been thinking about this, its kinda pointless for me just to say 900k for three years because we really just dont know. it will be interesting to see if dal stays this year, and then becomes a FA next year wheather he would stay or go.. and next year they are suppose to get rid of compensation.

if they scrap compensation then we kinda have to keep him for the end of his career IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back