List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why the hell do we always leak to the media that we want to "trade or delist" a player?! How the **** are we supposed to get any trade value from someone we're going to delist regardless. Happens every year, so frustrating.

The guy hasn't played a senior game in 4 seasons on our list. There's a fair chance we won't even use any draft pick that we get in exchange for him.

Why the hell do we always leak to the media that we want to "trade or delist" a player?! How the **** are we supposed to get any trade value from someone we're going to delist regardless. Happens every year, so frustrating.

The guy has not played 1 senior game in 4 years i am pretty sure other clubs are aware of that.... You seriously cannot expect to get any trade value for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy hasn't played a senior game in 4 seasons on our list. There's a fair chance we won't even use any draft pick that we get in exchange for him.

Agree. I don't understand how we think Kennedy possibly has any trade value?

Surely a club will just wait for us to delist him, and then pick him up for nothing.

I don't understand all this talk of Gysberts being delisted. I remember when he came to the club there was talk of his core strength and fitness being way below standard and I expected it to take him a year to get up to speed.

Are there attitude or personality issues? Is he impatient for senior games? What is happening here?

The guy has not played 1 senior game in 4 years i am pretty sure other clubs are aware of that.... You seriously cannot expect to get any trade value for him.

Exactly. Looking to trade just means a club might want him and not want to risk having to try and get him through the draft or PSD, so they offer a late pick. Means we help him as well.

fair call, but you do realise if you get him next year then you will theoretically be giving him a 2 year deal at 1 million if you look at it from an alternative perspective.
You can't use this logic, because offering him 3 years now is not the same as offering him 2 years next year. The reason being that we really want him for next year in particular, and probably the year after. To get him to come, we are prepared to risk a third year as well, in order to provide some security to the player and make his move worthwhile. But that's not to say that next year we would be offering him anything at all, if he stayed at St Kilda next year.

I think this was never going to be a value trade anyway. We are talking about a player who hasn't played a game for 4 seasons! The trade will be for steak knives just to help Ayden get to a new club quicker, rather than wait for the draft. However, I think he is more of a rookie list material, so even such a cheap trade is unlikely.

As to the leaking, it is obvious from this article that the leak came from his manager. The club simply told him he wasn't a required player next year, and his manager decided to make it public.

Agree. I don't understand how we think Kennedy possibly has any trade value?

Surely a club will just wait for us to delist him, and then pick him up for nothing.
The trade would be for nothing anyway. Just help the player to find a club earlier.

Repeating myself and jokes aside, we traded for Will S under similar conditions.

Let's hope we can find a North facsimile who slips us a usable pick for AK.
I suppose, when you're a top 4 club, even blokes that cracked it for emergency twice in four years tend to have some value. In our case, probably not. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back