List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume we aren't as keen to get eddie betts as the crows are, Damian Barrett reckons eddie is looking likely to go to the crows.

Ive said this before but I hope we make enquiries about jed lamb who is out of contract and not best 22 at Sydney and may want to return home.

If we can get dal santo and jed lamb this off season then we will be set up well for 2014 and beyond

yeah i have been thinking about this, its kinda pointless for me just to say 900k for three years because we really just dont know. it will be interesting to see if dal stays this year, and then becomes a FA next year wheather he would stay or go.. and next year they are suppose to get rid of compensation.

if they scrap compensation then we kinda have to keep him for the end of his career IMO
Big thing your missing here... You guys have a one yr contract on him... We have a three yr infront of him.
The compo is not just made up of the $$ but is also the length of the contract.

(Staying up to date with Trolls during the offseason via Tapatalk)

yeah i have been thinking about this, its kinda pointless for me just to say 900k for three years because we really just dont know. it will be interesting to see if dal stays this year, and then becomes a FA next year wheather he would stay or go.. and next year they are suppose to get rid of compensation.

if they scrap compensation then we kinda have to keep him for the end of his career IMO

and would anyone want him at the end of next year, not belittling him, but turning 31 the next year would raise doubt on return for value.

and would anyone want him at the end of next year, not belittling him, but turning 31 the next year would raise doubt on return for value.

fair call, but you do realise if you get him next year then you will theoretically be giving him a 2 year deal at 1 million if you look at it from an alternative perspective.

I assume we aren't as keen to get eddie betts as the crows are, Damian Barrett reckons eddie is looking likely to go to the crows.

Ive said this before but I hope we make enquiries about jed lamb who is out of contract and not best 22 at Sydney and may want to return home.

If we can get dal santo and jed lamb this off season then we will be set up well for 2014 and beyond

Other than his pre-draft reputation why would you target Jed Lamb?

fair call, but you do realise if you get him next year then you will theoretically be giving him a 2 year deal at 1 million if you look at it from an alternative perspective.

my understanding and correct me if I have this wrong Chris, but I think we are paying him that much to ensure St Kilda get fairly compensated (end of first round compensation pick) with out it costing us a pick, so do you think the deal is a little lopsided in you direction and we should discuss the exchanging of 2nd round draft picks and us including our 7th rounder as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so who extra gets delisted for him?

we were looking at Luke and three others, now to get Jed in we need to either trade or delist another.

spud, kennedy, LA, gysberts, Siera, Greenwood (steak knives trade), Mabon, Curren or Wilkins to rookie list.

It's would be easy to make it happen if we wanted to make room for an extra player or two.

My ideal trade/free agent period would
Be to bring in dal santo and a player like jed lamb.
Plus the minimum 3 picks in the ND one of which will be McDonald which means we need to cut 5 players from the senior list.

So the cuts would be trading out Delaney and trade/delist the 4 players which we have out of contract Kennedy, sierakowski,mabon and gysberts

spud, kennedy, LA, gysberts, Siera, Greenwood (steak knives trade), Mabon, Curren or Wilkins to rookie list.

It's would be easy to make it happen if we wanted to make room for an extra player or two.

RF08 you're a good'un but why Mitch? He's a raw undersized kid who showed positive development with North Ballarat.

I don't think it is that easy, some of the players you have mentioned have just as good a case to keep them as to trade them, I also think the culture (I know dirty word) we have at North is we will look after our players and not treat them like cattle and they remember that when it comes time to extending their contracts, just like Black did this week, you look at how we nursed Tarrant through his injuries and how we are doing the same with Curren.

I doubt Spud, LA, Seira or Greenwood are going anywhere unless they request a trade, I doubt Wilkins would get to the rookie draft (at 18 is he valued by the club or not?), If Curren is contracted for next year that would be a (magic word) of a thing to do, Mabon is 21 old enough to make a call on a project ruckman? what little I have seen of him he looks to be developing as you would expect a 21 year old ruckman would.

so from your list with NDS coming in I can see you being correct on Gysberts and I don't know enough about AK besides some think he is the second coming and others like me wonder why after 4 years he yet to get a game.

Loyalty is a two way process at the moment it is working beautifully for us (thanks Aaron) why would you play with that? just to get Jed Lamb in.

Mate I agree. I think people just see a name they recognise and suddenly they're 'worth a look'.

yeah, I don't get the excitement over Lamb, beside he averages 9 more supercoach points per game and 9.2 more dreamteam points per game then Seira, I am trying to work out why Brad put games into Will if he thought he was not part of the future plans?

FWIW, we were massively into Docherty in his draft year, we rated him higher than McKenzie, so it wouldn't surprise me.

In saying that, Mullett, McKenzie, Atley and then McDonald are all similar in some roundabout way positional wise, Docherty is in the same boat, he has pretty good pace though.

There could certainly be something in it. Another backline player with 60m booming spear kicks and good pace. Brisbane and a number of other clubs are in need of key forwards.

I can only think if we're willing to trade Tarrant then we're keen to get Daw playing to giving Goldie a hand, which is something we lack atm. Perhaps keeping Petrie out of the ruck keeps him a year longer allowing us a little more time to arrange a replacement. Although despite Hansen being so awesome down back i wouldnt be surprised if he took FF once big Drew retires.

There could certainly be something in it. Another backline player with 60m booming spear kicks and good pace. Brisbane and a number of other clubs are in need of key forwards.

I can only think if we're willing to trade Tarrant then we're keen to get Daw playing to giving Goldie a hand, which is something we lack atm. Perhaps keeping Petrie out of the ruck keeps him a year longer allowing us a little more time to arrange a replacement. Although despite Hansen being so awesome down back i wouldnt be surprised if he took FF once big Drew retires.
Nah man, we are trading Goldy to GWS for pick one for Boyd to replace Taz, then promoting Currie to number one ruck and getting Angus Graham as back up.

Ive seen Greenwood mentioned a few times, id hate to see him go. Thought he's shown some good consistent form, real hardness being in and under and proven he can get plenty of it. Swallow could be missing a while and will take a while to get miles in. Levi is for me is a must keep, not as a back up but in the mix. Even when Swallow is back, Ziebs can play a little more outside.

RF08 you're a good'un but why Mitch? He's a raw undersized kid who showed positive development with North Ballarat.
Would only do it if (and that's a big if) we wanted to pick up additional players. It won't
Happen it was purely hypothetical and was just making a point that you can make room for extra players or picks if you need to. Nothing against Wilkins.

I don't think it is that easy, some of the players you have mentioned have just as good a case to keep them as to trade them, I also think the culture (I know dirty word) we have at North is we will look after our players and not treat them like cattle and they remember that when it comes time to extending their contracts, just like Black did this week, you look at how we nursed Tarrant through his injuries and how we are doing the same with Curren.

I doubt Spud, LA, Seira or Greenwood are going anywhere unless they request a trade, I doubt Wilkins would get to the rookie draft (at 18 is he valued by the club or not?), If Curren is contracted for next year that would be a (magic word) of a thing to do, Mabon is 21 old enough to make a call on a project ruckman? what little I have seen of him he looks to be developing as you would expect a 21 year old ruckman would.

so from your list with NDS coming in I can see you being correct on Gysberts and I don't know enough about AK besides some think he is the second coming and others like me wonder why after 4 years he yet to get a game.

Loyalty is a two way process at the moment it is working beautifully for us (thanks Aaron) why would you play with that? just to get Jed Lamb in.

Purely hypothetical mate. I wouldn't do it but I was just highlighting it can be done.

I think we will pick up NDS.

Trade Delaney.

Delist siera, gysberts, LA and Mabon (harsh but too undersized for ruck at afl level)

Gives us 4 picks In the national and two in the rookie

It's hard to predict when we'll be top 4, we should aim to be top 4 within two years (2015) whilst Boomer, Wells and Petrie are still around.
I'm not sure historically what the age and games experience tends to be for those top 4 sides. I'm guessing its around an average of 25 yrs old and 150 games.
Maybe someone can do a list breakdown of north compared to cats in their window.
We'll still have some fairly young players in our 22 (Mullet, Garner, McKenzie, McDonald) in those 16-22 spots like sydney have had.
Sustained success has to be the goal going forward. I'd love to see Petrie and Wells get one for being so loyal.
But until we beat Hawks, Sydney and Freo I won't be entirely convinced we're top 4 material just yet.
I see the Tigers, Bombers (unless infraction notices issued), Port (I personally think a lull will come given their average list age), Brisbane (unless there is a mass exodus) and Gold Coast really pushing with us for top 8 and potentially top 4 spots over the next 3-5 years.
But free agency could fast-track some of these teams. Its going to be a fascinating decade. Probably the most competitive and even we've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back