List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicky Dal* is the BIG fish for us for the 2013 trade period. Numero uno. The champion outside mid that we've been crying out for. And a song and dance man to boot.:thumbsu:

If we don't get him, anyone else will be just a minnow.

* Say it ain't so that he's been talking to other clubs.:(

He has had a few injury issues (hip, ankle and knee) the last two years and has been running off half back apparently. He will be at worst a very good player and a solid midfield rotation. At best, well, he'll be as good as if not better than his bro.

If the Suns continue to play him off half back next year and his performances continue to stagnate somewhat I'd still throw our first rounder for next year at him. He'd come to us as a 22 year old and ready to explode. He'd fit in perfectly with the midfield profile too. 10 years of Ziebell, Cunners, Swallow, Basti and Atley with 6 years from his brother and 4 years from Wellsy. And 5 from Boomer.

I understand he has had issues, just not sure I would sell the farm to get someone that is solid. Given he was a number one pick even if he is mediocre I am not sure he will come cheap, there will always be an expectation factor, even if he never achieves it, that will cost a premium until he gets too old.

Another last minute.......RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR?

Brad and Chris have agreed on Chapman playing on....but at NORTH in 2014!
Makes sense as Chapman believes he has 2 - 3 yrs left in him, but Chris wants to play the younger guys so as not to loose them to other teams in future for lack of opportunities at the cattery. - Let's see how my rumour eventuates.....

Another last minute.......RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR?

Makes sense as Chapman believes he has 2 - 3 yrs left in him, but Chris wants to play the younger guys so as not to loose them to other teams in future for lack of opportunities at the cattery. - Let's see how my rumour eventuates.....

Actually does make sense ,am sure Brad and Chris chat. Welcome aboard Chappy.

We'll fix up ya dodgy hamstrings.

Was thinking about Chappy today, could be good in one sense but to be a threat next year we need quick tackling types like Harper and Garner to give us some forward pressure with Cunnington and Ziebell resting forward giving us the size.

Shaw on the other hand, I would be very keen if a deal could happen. We need pace and a bit of flair and he would bring it in spades. And Jack can bop him one if he falls out of line?!

sounds like a great idea we lose our kids for lack of opportunity.:rolleyes:

Was thinking about Chappy today, could be good in one sense but to be a threat next year we need quick tackling types like Harper and Garner to give us some forward pressure with Cunnington and Ziebell resting forward giving us the size.

Shaw on the other hand, I would be very keen if a deal could happen. We need pace and a bit of flair and he would bring it in spades. And Jack can bop him one if he falls out of line?!

friggen great idea.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tas, this board is a joke with players to come into the club, I am starting to think we are Melbourne not North Melbourne.

I am happy to look at guys if they make the side stronger, but some of the names bandied around you probably wouldn't see Werribee and NB fight over who they will end up playing for. :p

If the Suns continue to play him off half back next year and his performances continue to stagnate somewhat I'd still throw our first rounder for next year at him. He'd come to us as a 22 year old and ready to explode. He'd fit in perfectly with the midfield profile too. 10 years of Ziebell, Cunners, Swallow, Basti and Atley with 6 years from his brother and 4 years from Wellsy. And 5 from Boomer.

Does a club still qualify for a father / son pick if it means the father and son will be playing in the same team at the same time? Does it matter if the son is much taller than the father?

I am happy to look at guys if they make the side stronger, but some of the names bandied around you probably wouldn't see Werribee and NB fight over who they will end up playing for. :p

Just like recent history then Tas.......

Have we picked up anyone decent from another club, AFL or VFL? Aaron Edwards the last one?

But seriously I'm all for picking up Chapman. Problem is he has a tatt and apparently is a No No. :stern look
Okay Z, we get it. You have tatts, you drink, and have been to jail for littering and jay-walking and resent the blatant stereotyping of bad-arses (like you!) :stern look

Ned-Flanders-ned-flanders-29083492-320-294.gif

So, mister. You've got yourself a deal. I'll shave off the soup strainer if you give the sailor talk the ol' heave-ho. Okay?

Just like recent history then Tas.......

Have we picked up anyone decent from another club, AFL or VFL? Aaron Edwards the last one?
Sam Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back