List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad would know Shaw better than most, and if he is prepared to target him given he'd have to manage him, then I'd back his judgement. The fact he is probably the best rebounding defender in the league doesn't hurt either.

Don't see how we get it done trade wise though, unless Shaw nominates us as a preferred destination. A lot will probably hinge on what we get McDonald with - maybe a swap of first rounders with Collingwood, plus someone like Wright?

Heath Shaw is a pisshead (can personally confirm), but so are heaps of other players that you wouldn't suspect.

Dane Swan practically lives at the Hotel Barkley.

He's a bloody good footballer though.....

He also falls under that old saying imo, "Don't trade for a player unless he is capable of at least 100 games for the new club"

Shaw is 27 and would have a good 5 seasons at his new club, and might relish a new environment.

Would much prefer Shaw over Dal Santo tbh.

Another last minute.......RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR? RUMOUR?

Brad and Chris have agreed on Chapman playing on....but at NORTH in 2014!
Makes sense as Chapman believes he has 2 - 3 yrs left in him, but Chris wants to play the younger guys so as not to loose them to other teams in future for lack of opportunities at the cattery. - Let's see how my rumour eventuates.....

Your rumour? Conveniently just after Ox and Marko brought it up on SEN at 6:30, said Chapman might be 'changing blue and white stripes' in 2014 and that we **might** offer him a 2yr contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends who gets kicked to the curb.

Yep, you would have to think we would have to free up some coin to afford NDS, Shaw and Chapman.

Shaw will be on around 450-600k, NDS around that mark, Chapman would come alot cheaper id think but i would think we'd have to delist/trade a handful of blokes to afford it.

Shaw easily. Personally I think he's 2nd only to Birchall in the role he plays. Not often you get a quality rebounder who is also a quality defender.

Yep.

I honestly think he'd tear shit up in our setup.

He wouldn't be needed on the last line, would probably play alot higher, and would feed off of Thompson and Hansen dropping back.

Lets hope with all this talk of trading we don't have the new Crazy Scotty!

Look what happened last time a coach thought he was close to a flag and loaded up, does anyone want to be in Brisbane's shoes right now?
Well if we trade out a first round pick and a young tall who we spent a first rounder on (Lachlan Henderson) and piss off a number of senior players by shopping them around to land a loose cannon like Fevola...

Yep.

I honestly think he'd tear shit up in our setup.

He wouldn't be needed on the last line, would probably play alot higher, and would feed off of Thompson and Hansen dropping back.

It would cause major headaches for the opposition who couldn't play defensive forwards on Atley, Mullet and Shaw. It means Atley may spend more time in the midfield as well.

If Geelong toss Chapman, we want him/him us and Saunders can work his magic then we could get a sweetheart deal with the Cats, giving them a late pick in return. We could, if need be, get that pick from trading Kennedy/Anthony who have some interest elsewhere. When fit the bloke is still a gun and just knows how to get it done.

Shaw would cost a fair bit. If Atley and Mullett are indeed being pushed further up the ground next year then there certainly is a spot for him on attacking ability. Not as sold on his defensive capabilities though, nor his attitude. We would certainly have a wealth of opportunities off half back though. If we did manager to snare him I don't see Loose being at the club next year.

NDS in? Sweet.

B: Grima - Thompson - Macmillan
HB: Shaw - Hansen - Mullett
C: Atley - Ziebell - Dal Santo
HF: Chapman - Tarrant - Wells
F: Black - Petrie - Thomas
R: Goldstein - Swallow - Cunnington
Int: Harvey - Bastinac - McDonald
Sub: Harper

Garner, McKenzie, Wright, Adams, Greenwood, Jacobs, Gibson, Currie, Delaney, Daw.

If Geelong toss Chapman, we want him/him us and Saunders can work his magic then we could get a sweetheart deal with the Cats, giving them a late pick in return. We could, if need be, get that pick from trading Kennedy/Anthony who have some interest elsewhere. When fit the bloke is still a gun and just knows how to get it done.

Shaw would cost a fair bit. If Atley and Mullett are indeed being pushed further up the ground next year then there certainly is a spot for him on attacking ability. Not as sold on his defensive capabilities though, nor his attitude. We would certainly have a wealth of opportunities off half back though. If we did manager to snare him I don't see Loose being at the club next year.

NDS in? Sweet.

B: Grima - Thompson - Macmillan
HB: Shaw - Hansen - Mullett
C: Atley - Ziebell - Dal Santo
HF: Chapman - Tarrant - Wells
F: Black - Petrie - Thomas
R: Goldstein - Swallow - Cunnington
Int: Harvey - Bastinac - McDonald
Sub: Harper

Garner, McKenzie, Wright, Adams, Greenwood, Jacobs, Gibson, Currie, Delaney, Daw.

Don't think it would take much at all to get Chappy from Geelong and can't agree on Shaw, he is very good defensively.

Don't think it would take much at all to get Chappy from Geelong and can't agree on Shaw, he is very good defensively.
Why do we see Shaw getting isolated deep?

Chapman is a FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back