List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaw easily. Personally I think he's 2nd only to Birchall in the role he plays. Not often you get a quality rebounder who is also a quality defender.

Agree.

He won't have to play on the Lachys in our line up. :p

We are ready to win now. Shaw gives us the best chance of that, the only question is price.

Why do we see Shaw getting isolated deep?

To take away his run and drive of half back. On top of that this year his role had to change and he was matched up on players he shouldn't have been because of the loss of Toovey, Harry O moving to the wing and their desire to push Reid forward.

Trust me is very good one on one.

To take away his run and drive of half back. On top of that this year his role had to change and he was matched up on players he shouldn't have been because of the loss of Toovey, Harry O moving to the wing and their desire to push Reid forward.

Trust me is very good one on one.
From my recollections he was beaten one on one deep on a number of occasions (not talking about Lachie here either). I'm not convinced, but I guess it would not be that much of an issue if we can release him to utilise his pace and kicking a little further up the ground.

From my recollections he was beaten one on one deep on a number of occasions (not talking about Lachie here either). I'm not convinced, but I guess it would not be that much of an issue if we can release him to utilise his pace and kicking a little further up the ground.

Can't think of many attacking back flankers who are going to be strong one out in the square. The loss of Toovey was huge for their defensive structures, as he was the one who allowed Shaw to play further up the ground.

I think Shaw is a more than adequate defensive player, but you don't want him last line as he backs himself one on one to mark and attack. Similar to someone like Birchall.

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall at the club this week.

We obviously have a decent amount of cash for some big fish, but how many?

Shaw and NDS would be demanding 500K+ each, can we afford that, Chapman wont be moving for peanuts either.

Toovey was a significant loss this season, I agree TD.

Heath in recent times has had is influenced quelled by being dragged as deep as possible. He is more than solid defensively, but he is also suspect.

In our line-up he would have the freedom to attack, and if drawn back, it would allow Mullet or Atley free reign.

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall at the club this week.
Free%20Vector%20Scooby%20Doo%20006914.jpg

Chapman, Shaw, and Nicky Dal.. Imagine that. I'd have any of them, thanks.

You all know that we'll end up with someone like an apparently revitalised Veszpremi, or some guy nobody's heard of, unable to currently get a game in the back pocket with Melbourne or something. Then we'll all sit here over summer convincing ourselves that he is good, and that he ran really fast in Utah and looks better than ever. And then next year he wont even play, and probably be delisted. And then Roughead will apparently come down to our rooms for a look around, and we'll start a whole bunch of threads.

I've survived McKinley, Thurley, Gysberts, Piccione, Hay, Green, Rawlings. I know that quite often what seems to be a huge fish biting, is a small european Carp sucking meekly at the line. I am a hardened off-season non-expector.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could be adding 200 games of experience to each section of the ground, I think that means we are having a crack before GC and GWS take over and start winning flag.
This is the key. If you look at the teams there is an opportunity for a serious improver to snatch a flag in the next two years. The good sides are on the slide. We must improve rapidly before Gold Coast and GWS get their shit together.

Contenders: Hawthorn, Freo
Sliding: Sydney, Collingwood, Geelong, West Coast
Potential improvers: North, Adelaide, West Coast, Richmond, Port Adelaide

We can seriously jump into the bracket of teams with some swift recruiting and perhaps snatch a flag with Wells, Boomer and Drew still around.

There is no team in the comp we cannot beat, Freo and Sydney being our toughest assignments.

Got a feeling this board will be very disappointed come end of trade week lol

Chapman, Shaw, NDS...

So what your saying is it will go like this

GC bid pick 5 on Lmac

NDS to Ess
Shaw to Syd
Betts to Adel
Polec to port
Longer to Rich
Karnezis to Rich
Bruce to StK
Chappy to stay at Geel
Martin to Bris
Docherty to Carl

Then we FA Nahas and trade Anthony for McKernan

We all cheer about having the McKernan name back at North and Nahas is just as good as Betts just cheaper, not to mention the spud Anthony is gone (mind you we still pay 75% of his contract)

A+ trade period for us :(

Is it just me or is this the most active we've been in the build up to trade week ever?

We seem to be linked with every available player in the afl!

This is the key. If you look at the teams there is an opportunity for a serious improver to snatch a flag in the next two years. The good sides are on the slide. We must improve rapidly before Gold Coast and GWS get their shit together.

Contenders: Hawthorn, Freo
Sliding: Sydney, Collingwood, Geelong, West Coast
Potential improvers: North, Adelaide, West Coast, Richmond, Port Adelaide

We can seriously jump into the bracket of teams with some swift recruiting and perhaps snatch a flag with Wells, Boomer and Drew still around.

There is no team in the comp we cannot beat, Freo and Sydney being our toughest assignments.

I don't think we will be finishing lower than 8th any time soon...... that would be a disaster.
i like north so north would be my preferred destination for shaw.... but i don't know the assets you guys have are as good as sydney and gws so i don't see a trade happening.
p.s: seems to be a lack of a dominant team in the afl atm so it is a good chance for a team like north to steal a flag imo

Is it just me or is this the most active we've been in the build up to trade week ever?

We seem to be linked with every available player in the afl!

I think it is more the fact that we are talking. In previous years our policy has been to STFU. We still have to land one and so far no report has said we are the preferred club for any of the biggies.

Got a feeling this board will be very disappointed come end of trade week lol

Chapman, Shaw, NDS...

Can't blame impatience. Thanks to the Laidley era we probably have a few rookies and Wellls , Petrie in that age bracket for a few seasons.

Personally I would be happy with a FA, a trade for an established player or a return home player already in the system for a few years.

Outside players are a must. McDonald and a risk on Garlett might be enough in this draft for the kids.

Not beyond the imagination to see us move the ball like a fast Hawthorn in a short space of time but with a ruck and clearance midfield.

I don't think we will be finishing lower than 8th any time soon...... that would be a disaster.
i like north so north would be my preferred destination for shaw.... but i don't know the assets you guys have are as good as sydney and gws so i don't see a trade happening.
p.s: seems to be a lack of a dominant team in the afl atm so it is a good chance for a team like north to steal a flag imo

After the announcement yesterday there is no going back to Collingwood in my opinion, so the key to a Shaw trade is which club he picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back