The Official Aussie Rules vs Rugby League Mega Trollfest Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You know good post until you go all American on us ...God bless Victoria the greatest place on earth.

Your weather is crap, the place is full of Victorians (most of them thinking like your goodself .....'Melb is better than Perth' - 'oh have you been to Perth?' ....'ummmmm No I haven't') and just because drug related shooting vicitms are of all nationalities hardly means you are a multicultural showpiece.

This thread isn't about Victoria versus NSW - last time you morons got in a big pissing contest we ended up with Canberra so you both have a ***** lot to answer for in my books.

This thread is about Aussie football - quite simply it is a great game ...speed, strength, agility and bravery rolled into one.

Newsflash - just because footy is great does not mean Melbourne is better than Sydney .....each has it's own charms.
Mate, my tongue was firmly in my cheek. Sydney and Perth are both beautiful places. Perth people even have the taste to recognise the greatest game on earth. Even Adelaide's not too bad a joint.

LOL I can't believe some people are trying to say Rugby is better than Footy just give up rugby people you have a shit boring sport I prefer watching soccer over your rabble of a game.

helps with 7 games and every city getting matches..

why dont you compare sydney rl vs afl
and bris fl vs afl

Is NRL a National game or not?
Now I'm confused.
Of course NSW and QLD would have better figures as that is where the dopey NRL fans congregate.

Ronin "Source" Nazi is back, but this time he's talking directly out of his arse without a "fact" in sight...It's okay Ronin, you're obviously expressing your opinion...

So no-one who follows Sydney is from here, apart from Lesbians from annandale eh?

My brother, sister-in-law and I (to name three) attend most, if not all home games. We were all born in Rooty Hill (a far cry from your fantasy Lesbo ghetto) and they live in Werrington, still the heartland of league. My brother (like myself) followed league from childhood, UNTIL one fateful day about 15 years ago when we went to an AFL game. Neither of us have ever been back to a game of league. Why, because it's shit.

I live in the inner west and drink at a pub where most of the blokes who follow AFL were once league fans. Most even still watch it, more out a vague interest and a sense of loyalty than anything. They are all from Sydney, NOT MELBOURNE.

Take a leaf out of gosk's book and get a sense of humour before you come here and start talking complete shit. The only time you ever come to the AFL site is to sling shit and leave. And try and get your "facts" right.

Is this Bay 13 or the main board?

I stand by my lesbian call, I too live in the inner west, and I see them waddling to the bus stop on game days in droves.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the Yarra is a lovely river teeming with wildlife, unlike Sydney Harbour, a vile polluted waterway teeming with the corpses of murdered ethnic drug dealers.

1db62e0d759177d38e13ab3cba154ced_resized.jpg

When did the Victorian Government get the money to train Dolphins to search for corpses?

Kudos to Brumby.

(ps someone call the RSPCA FFS).

A poster on another board recently described his experience at a Broncos game...

- There was a bloke riding around the field on a horse
- Brisbane Broncos mascot was running around like an idiot
- The Hogs Breath Cafe Pig Mascot was doing backflips up and down the ground
- Crack addicts dressed up as cheerleaders trying in vein to water down the homoeroticism from all the bum sniffing
- Fireworks going off constantly.

Sounds like an absolute circus for slow witted rednecks. Clearly the on-field product isn't worth the price of admission alone.

Whereas, the Lions on the other side of the river, despite playing the "Victorian code" were drawing just 5k less per game without the circus.
Post of the thread :thumbsu:

Bit more reading on LU: apparently the AFL's expansion is useless because they have nowhere to expand to. League holds the trump card on that fron with their expansion into placces like the NSW Central Coast and West Brisbane.

Wait until the Queensland Pineapple League here about this proposed Greater Western Brisbane side!
It'll be WAR!:eek:

Is this Bay 13 or the main board?

I stand by my lesbian call, I too live in the inner west, and I see them waddling to the bus stop on game days in droves.

Cheers

Yep, that's right, I saw you the other day. Weren't you and your league mates walking into a cheap motel on the Princess hwy with a case of Tooheys and a pissed girl from the local? I think you guys were wearing blue and white too if I remember?

This Bay 13 enough then?

Bit more reading on LU: apparently the AFL's expansion is useless because they have nowhere to expand to. League holds the trump card on that fron with their expansion into places like the NSW Central Coast and West Brisbane.
I did see that

Highlighted are the two best parts. :D

On the other hand, the NRL is already almost as big as the AFL and that is despite the fact that NRL hasn't even expanded into WA, Adelaide, 2nd Brisbane team, Central Coast, Central Queensland, NZ, PNG, with all these expansion options available having some degree of relative comfort in that they are already NRL heartland/have a strong RL history or are going to be the only team servicing a large population base AFL heartland. The AFL can see that it's only a matter of time before the NRL expands to these markets and can see that if they don't do something NOW they will be taken over completely.

And um, last time I checked it was the NRL that last expanded in 2007 with Gold Coast Titans, and its common knowledge that expansion is very much on the cards in 2013. And the frightening thing for AFL is that the NRL hasn't even finished with NSW and Qld yet - with Central Coast and 2nd Brisbane team tipped to enter. So while the AFL are yakking away with extra teams in NSW and Queensland the NRL will simply ramp up the pressure even more and further strengthen NSW and Queensland by adding another team in each state. Could you imagine the negative reaction towards the NRL if the NRL wanted to put a 2nd team in Victoria but at the same time or shortly after the AFL also put a new team in Victoria?

No, its not. Soccer was spread by the English mercantile empire.

That's why some of the famous soccer clubs on different sides of the world - Newell's Old Boys in Argentina and FC Barcelona have English names.

Rugby and cricket were the games of the colonial elite, hence why they are restrixcted to the old colonies.

But soccer was the game of the working man - the sailors, the smaller merchants - who in Britain's imperial heydet, could be found all round the world. That's why soccer spread when it did, and the fact that it is simple and you don't need any equipment.
I love how soccer fans attribute the game's popularity to its superiority and yet they ignore these simple truths.

The fact is, no matter how good a sport is, it is almost impossible in the modern day for sports to penetrate global markets. AFL might be slightly popular in South Africa or New Zealand or Ireland in 100 or so years at best, and most of us agree that AFL is a great sport. Most overseas people I've spoken to who have seen it agree that it's a great sport, but they won't concede it to any of the games they've been brought up on. Compare this to people who moved to Australia and fell in love with AFL. Because it's the social norm, they allow themselves to get into it, and they do.

I have respect for soccer, I sometimes go to the A League and I even watch it on TV, but it's not the greatest sport in the world just because it's the most popular. It gained a following worldwide because of its simplicity - it's the easiest pro sport to pick up and play. Off side is the only rule it has with some complexity, and even that isn't necessary to play it in the park with mates.

Yep, that's right, I saw you the other day. Weren't you and your league mates walking into a cheap motel on the Princess hwy with a case of Tooheys and a pissed girl from the local? I think you guys were wearing blue and white too if I remember?

This Bay 13 enough then?

Blue and White and Loo?

****Presses the Buzzer****

Carey?

I love how soccer fans attribute the game's popularity to its superiority and yet they ignore these simple truths.

The fact is, no matter how good a sport is, it is almost impossible in the modern day for sports to penetrate global markets. AFL might be slightly popular in South Africa or New Zealand or Ireland in 100 or so years at best, and most of us agree that AFL is a great sport. Most overseas people I've spoken to who have seen it agree that it's a great sport, but they won't concede it to any of the games they've been brought up on. Compare this to people who moved to Australia and fell in love with AFL. Because it's the social norm, they allow themselves to get into it, and they do.

I have respect for soccer, I sometimes go to the A League and I even watch it on TV, but it's not the greatest sport in the world just because it's the most popular. It gained a following worldwide because of its simplicity - it's the easiest pro sport to pick up and play. Off side is the only rule it has with some complexity, and even that isn't necessary to play it in the park with mates.

Sums it up very very nicely

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official Aussie Rules vs Rugby League Mega Trollfest Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back