The official "Red Clash Guernsey = ZOMG LOSS CONFIRM'd" topic

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the tigers should have to where they're 'clash' guernsey against us this weekend seeing that we had to wear our horrendous strip against them in Rd 11 they should have to wear their horrendous strip against us

Adelaide is scheduled to wear its red jumper two more times this season. :mad:

Round 20 vs Essendon at TD
Round 21 vs St Kilda at TD

Are you sure about this, I don't see why we can't use our normal away one for these matches.

Have we worn our clash jumper more than our away one this year? Certainly seems like it...

We've actually worn our home jumper away 3 times this year as well as using our clash guernsey 3 or 4 times I think, leaving us to use the actual away jumper what twice, maybe 3 times so far. Wasn't the point of getting a new one because the old one clashed with everyone else and hence wecouldn't use it? Aparently this one is no different.

I think the tigers should have to where they're 'clash' guernsey against us this weekend seeing that we had to wear our horrendous strip against them in Rd 11 they should have to wear their horrendous strip against us

Exactly.

I want to know why, if there is apparently a clash with a great many teams, as evidenced by our wearing of the clash strip, very few of these teams seem to wear a clash strip here.

Adelaide is scheduled to wear its red jumper two more times this season. :mad:

Round 20 vs Essendon at TD
Round 21 vs St Kilda at TD

If true, that sucks the big one!

Makes no sense. Why would we be wearing something basically red against teams that wear jumpers with a lot of red in them? Why not the regular away top with the big splash of yellow?

Didn't somebody post on here a while back a quote from John Reid? Said something along the lines of the away jumper was not going to be worn again this season because of difficulty reading the numbers, so away games would be either the home jumper or clash jumper. Alterations would be made next year which would either be an all-yellow back or just yellow numbers.

Or did I dream it all?:confused:

Roof open at the Dome
2000 vs St Kilda - WIN
2000 vs Bulldogs - LOSS
2001 vs Essendon - LOSS
2003 vs St Kilda - LOSS
2006 vs Richmond - LOSS
2007 vs Carlton - WIN
2007 vs Essendon - LOSS
2007 vs Hawthorn - LOSS
2008 vs Bulldogs - LOSS
Overall - 2W 7L

Roof closed at the Dome
2000 vs Richmond - WIN
2001 vs St Kilda - WIN
2001 vs Kangaroos - WIN
2002 vs Essendon - LOSS
2002 vs Richmond - WIN
2003 vs Collingwood - LOSS
2004 vs Richmond - WIN
2004 vs Collingwood - LOSS
2005 vs Collingwood - WIN
2005 vs Bulldogs - LOSS
2005 vs St Kilda - WIN
2005 vs Richmond - WIN
2005 vs Kangaroos - WIN
2006 vs Kangaroos - WIN
2006 vs Collingwood - WIN
2006 vs St Kilda - WIN
2007 vs Collingwood - WIN
Overall - 14W 4L

Red away strip at the Dome
2007 vs Carlton - WIN
2007 vs St Kilda - LOSS
2007 vs Essendon - LOSS
2007 vs Hawthorn - LOSS
Overall - 1W 3L

Based on these stats, you'd be hoping that it is pissing down in Melbourne for the upcoming games against Essendon and St Kilda at the Dome, and that we are allowed to wear our home guernsey :p

I can't remember which one we wore against Carlton at the G, fairly sure it was the away one, but yet last weekend they were fine to wear their blue.

I can't remember which one we wore against Carlton at the G, fairly sure it was the away one, but yet last weekend they were fine to wear their blue.

Was our yellow away one which seems to have vanished for some reason, why wear a red top against the Dons who have a red sash in their top? Surely it should be the swooping Crow away one?

Re The Crows-Carlton scenario, the way I saw it was that with Carlton having white numbers and the white monogram on the jumpers, adding white shorts makes it that bit more distinctive. If we wore the home jumper with white shorts (or even blue) against Carlton with blue shorts, it would probably be a bit more of a mish-mash of colours.

But it was still a ridiculous decision.

Just went searching for the thread I was reffering to before with John Reid's comments re the away jumper, and this is what I found:

Its quite simple i posted in an early thread, on the Tuesday after the Carlton game when Johnny Reid was taking calls on 5AA a caller rang up and said she couldn't see the player numbers on our away guernsey when she was at the ground and then Reidy said the club had noticed that and has sorted it out with Adidas for the 2009 season and with the 'new' material and style we're getting in '09 for our guernseys the numbers would either be changed to yellow or the back from red to yellow he then went on to say that the Crows would either wear their home guernseys with white shorts or the red clash guernsey. Hope that clears things up :thumbsu:

I'm guessing we would have worn the away jumper in both of these games, but the number issue has forced our hand.

I love the original jumper. I was pumped to see us wear it in recent "away" matches- against port and sydney. The home jumper with white shorts is a throw back to the 90's.

I liked the clash jumper when it was first worn in 96, but the 08 version of it is bad, with the red back and yellow front it looks like a jesters outfit. They really got it wrong.

I dont know why we have to have a clash jumper. To me we only really clash with melbourne, and perhaps brissy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so are we going to wear this on the weekend or not! Showers are forecast which in all likelyhood means closed roof (THANK GOD!) so if the roof is closed do we have to wear this damn Cursed strip?

Ok so are we going to wear this on the weekend or not! Showers are forecast which in all likelyhood means closed roof (THANK GOD!) so if the roof is closed do we have to wear this damn Cursed strip?

Wouldnt have thought wearing red would be a good idea against the bombers. Our home clashes less.

Its been pointed out, probably over the last couple of pages, that we're not wearing our away jumper any more this season as the navy numbers are too hard to distinguish. So this weekend it will either be our home jumper and white shorts or our clash jumper.

We are still likely to wear it even with the roof closed.

Wouldnt have thought wearing red would be a good idea against the bombers. Our home clashes less.
Did last year

BTW why did Richmond wear there Home jumper when we had to wear the red clash jumper against them at the G this year. Same for when Essendon come here..

Csonpiracy......

The boys trained in their home strip today, looks like we could be wearing that one. They usually wear the upcoming game's guernsey during the main session, don't they? Can swear I remember seeing us wearing the red guernsey at mid-week training during the weeks of Richmond and Brisbane away...

The boys trained in their home strip today, looks like we could be wearing that one. They usually wear the upcoming game's guernsey during the main session, don't they? Can swear I remember seeing us wearing the red guernsey at mid-week training during the weeks of Richmond and Brisbane away...
Dont get my hopes up :(

They always train in the home guernsey for the main session of the week, its usually the second session later on in the week that they train in the guernsey they're going to wear on the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

The official "Red Clash Guernsey = ZOMG LOSS CONFIRM'd" topic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back