The one they don't rate (and they're wrong)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've already nominated LRT, but just to be clear - if anyone thinks he's (1) nothing but a spud (2) only played a few decent games in his career (3) only steps up in finals - you are all plain wrong.

Mike Pyke by some idiot commentator.
Kurt Tippett by ex fans..
Whole Swans team by most Vic media & betting agencies..
When Tippett eventually sprays the most simplest of set shots, a number of your supporter base will start to doubt his worth. I never have, and always defended him, but I have zero doubt a section of your fans will begin to believe he is overpaid once he starts missing the sitters, or has a bad game.

Also, if someone left your club like Tippett left ours, I'm sure there would be plenty of previous defenders of his bagging his on field ability. If you disagree, that is pure delusion.

I think Jay Schulz can play too. Didn't rate him at Richmond.

The only people who don't rate Jay Schulz in 2013 are the people who haven't seen him play since he left Richmond. 6th in the AFL for average goals last year, and kicked off 2013 in style with a 4 goal haul and a very strong mark of the year contender. Top 10 KPF in the competition easily, borderline top 5.

The only people who don't rate Jay Schulz in 2013 are the people who haven't seen him play since he left Richmond. 6th in the AFL for average goals last year, and kicked off 2013 in style with a 4 goal haul and a very strong mark of the year contender. Top 10 KPF in the competition easily, borderline top 5.

He was 3 rows into the Ponsford when he grabbed that - but still glad they paid it.

Yes. Heppell is a very good player, and will be for a long time. After what he has achieved in such a short space of time, anyone who disagrees is trolling or has a poor understanding of what a good AFL player is.
..according to you..?

One that will never be rated
Shane Crawford
What he did was equal, if not greater than that of Cousins, hird, buckley and voss, yet he's considered below them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Howlett.

Mature age player with a high number, who no-one outside of Essendon rates.

If he keeps playing like he can, like last week, that will have to change one day
In fairness, nobody thinks he's a total spud either, but until last week he'd never really been putting in superstar performances. He has always been just a hard-working midrange player, but if he's ready to take the next step now, then people will have to readjust their opinions of him.

Of course, it's one game so far, so more evidence is needed.

In fairness, nobody thinks he's a total spud either, but until last week he'd never really been putting in superstar performances. He has always been just a hard-working midrange player, but if he's ready to take the next step now, then people will have to readjust their opinions of him.

Of course, it's one game so far, so more evidence is needed.
I reckon a lot of people wouldn't even have known who he was frankly. He's had quite a lot of good games; this one was just exceptional though.

But yes, one swallow does not a summer make. He needs a few more of those performances before I can shout him from the rooftops

Hampson. Isn't on the same level as Kreuzer and Naitanui, but he'd blossom if he was a number one ruck elsewhere. Still needs to improve his bodywork and mental side of the game (take your shots) as a forward, but he's a hard match up with his height, leap and legspeed. Impossible to spoil when he attacks the ball at the highest point. Jumped all over Jacobs who was free kicked because he crossed the line in an attempt to hold him down.
Cotchin aside, Tigers and Roos do not have one player on their combined lists who looks as likely or has shown as much as Heppell. Not sure why they have such an issue here. Incredible first couple of years and showed round 1 what we are likely to see spending more time on the ball. Young Gun!
Martin and Deledio?

Vickery would be the next big thing if he wore red and black. Not saying he's going to be elite, yet it only takes a few promising games and displays of talent for Essendon fans to christen any half decent tall as a gun. Hooker makes Schoenmakers look silky.

Masten by the opposition, Priddis by our own.
wait, Priddis isn't rated internally? :confused: If that's the case we'll trade you Hooker for him :p. Priddis is an out-and-out gun

Tom Liberatore. One of the best young mids in the league yet gets no media attention or fanfare (unless he is passed out on the streets).

Minson and Tom Williams.
Surely Wood would have to be a candidate? I've rated him for some time but he rarely gets a mention around here. Though he is subject to the occasional lapse in concentration.

Zac Dawson and Chris Mayne (may or may not be only west coast supporters who bag Mayne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back