Club Legend
Dec 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Too Old, Too Slow, Too Good.
Any takers??

Cats a good bet, but are they the `perfect pussies'?

Michael Auciello

10Jul07

DARWIN betting agency Sportsbet has opened a unique book on success heading Geelong's way at season's end.

Punters can take a combination of four Geelong successes in a book the agency is calling ``Perfect Pussies''.

The options include a Geelong AFL flag, VFL flag, Gary Ablett to win the Brownlow Medal and Joel Selwood to win the rising star award.

The odds for one of those events happening was yesterday at $1.45, two was at $7.50, three at $23, four at $81, while none of them happening was second favourite at $4.

Wayne Bent, who frames the GFL market for the bookmaker, said punters could take any individual option, or a number of them in a multi-bet at differing odds.

``It's a bit of fun. The best thing about it was coming up with the name Perfect Pussies,'' he said.

``You can take either (option), mix them all up in a multi-bet in different combinations which will multiply to different odds.''

In their different markets, Sportsbet has Geelong as favourite to win the AFL premiership at $3.30, favourite to win the VFL flag at $2.70, Ablett as favourite for the Brownlow at $3.40 and Selwood at $3 as second favourite behind Collingwood's Scott Pendlebury ($2) for the NAB Rising Star.

Including the rising star award is a bit risky. There is nothing objective in this award, its purely subjective. While you could argue the same about the Brownlow, at least their votes are locked away each week and are voted on by a reasonably large body. For the Rising star, its simply how a small group of blokes feel about a group of players on the day they sit down.

Including the rising star award is a bit risky. There is nothing objective in this award, its purely subjective. While you could argue the same about the Brownlow, at least their votes are locked away each week and are voted on by a reasonably large body. For the Rising star, its simply how a small group of blokes feel about a group of players on the day they sit down.

I agree, this is why I think Joel will be unlucky and miss out.

What actually is the criteria for the rising star, does anyone know? Is it based on how good a player's season was or who is more likely to go on to become a better player?

What actually is the criteria for the rising star, does anyone know? Is it based on how good a player's season was or who is more likely to go on to become a better player?
A panel of judges sits down at the end of the year rates the performance of all the nominations over the course of the season. I think they get voted 5-1 on the best performing youngster of each round.. or something like that anyway.

I have tried to access this bet but can't seem to find it. Even when I type in the title of the bet in the search.

Can anyone tell me how to access this bet?

Remove this Banner Ad

The "perfect pussies" Bet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back