The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd forgotten how good back-to-back wins feel.

Always feel a little happier about footy in the week after a good win. Win a couple in a row and you start to think anything is possible.

I like the sound of that Kerry OT......must not get ahead of ourselves though, Melbourne are learning how to actually play footy under Craig....they won't let us win easily.

You never know with away form Vs home form but I can see the lions having a very, very strong finish to the season. We wont beat geelong again but with the team we played against north minus polks and raines and plus two of Moloney, Black, Karnezis, Polec we could definatley come away with wins against Port and even Richmond. Probably finish with a few teams on 44 points in the end and miss finals on percentage but you never know, they have knocked off essendon, geelong and north after all!

If Geelong has sewn up a top 2 by the final round you may see them field a team similar in depth to the one they sent up to the Gabba in 2009. Don't write us off yet ;)

If Geelong has sewn up a top 2 by the final round you may see them field a team similar in depth to the one they sent up to the Gabba in 2009. Don't write us off yet ;)

Would the pain of losing to us in the last game 'inspire' them to not 'take it easy' or irrelevant?

Would the pain of losing to us in the last game 'inspire' them to not 'take it easy' or irrelevant?
Absolutely. They tend to get worked up about these things. Just ask hawthorn. Geelong will hunt brisbane for the next 3 years. More to the point though, they wont muck around with form just before finals, particularly at home.

Tom Rockliff and Jack Redden are looking to be back near their best. I am impressed lately by some of the things Redden, in particular, does that don't show up in the stats.

Yeah they're both finding form now. As much as I love Blacky and Moloney in the side, I really enjoy watching us go around without them and seeing those guys take control. Have been worried for a while that both aren't progressing as well as most of us would've hoped, but they've stepped up in the absence of the more experienced guys and put those fears of mine to bed.

Yeah they're both finding form now. As much as I love Blacky and Moloney in the side, I really enjoy watching us go around without them and seeing those guys take control. Have been worried for a while that both aren't progressing as well as most of us would've hoped, but they've stepped up in the absence of the more experienced guys and put those fears of mine to bed

Best game Jack has played all year.
Rocky just kept going from last weeks effort.

Back to back to back. Must be 2003 again.

Does this mean we are back in the mathematical hunt?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeo. He has a lot to learn still and plenty to work on but he has the type of attitude that we need.

He will make mistakes, including the inevitable clanger now and then but I get the impression he won't die wondering! And we need that attitude.

Yeo. He has a lot to learn still and plenty to work on but he has the type of attitude that we need.

He will make mistakes, including the inevitable clanger now and then but I get the impression he won't die wondering! And we need that attitude.

Love Yeoy...I call him the 'Cat'...always keeps his feet, especially the way he lands on his feet after a mark and bloody quick and evasive off the mark.

Yeoy = the Cat!

Love Yeoy...I call him the 'Cat'...always keeps his feet, especially the way he lands on his feet after a mark and bloody quick and evasive off the mark.

Yeoy = the Cat!

Incredible acceleration from the contest... came a fave of mine after his chip to Blacky in the Geelong win. Rog to Yeoy to Blacky to Patfull to Jed to Zorks to Ash.... Goal!! Pandemonium.

Just ticking off the younger guys who I think have cemented permanent, or at the very least regular places in our starting 22 shows that there has been some real development in the team this year:

Mayes
Golby
Clarke
Green
Yeo
Lester

That is about a quarter of the team who either are already settled or very close to being in our best team. Add in guys like Harwood, Beams and Karnesis who should be pushing for a spot in the next year.

I remember saying earlier in the year that Polkinghorne's selection each week was a bit of a litmus test of our development. (No disrespect to him by the way - he is a loyal Lion who has his limitations but tries his hardest.) The fact that he is now struggling to break into the team says a lot about the development of the younger guys.

Joel Patfulls last quarter. Make our young defenders watch that again and again and again.

I wish I had that footage that the team gets sometimes, I'd just watch Joel all game lol

Rockliff, Redden and Rich showed their ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck and make it go our way tonight. It didn't ever really feel like we were going to lose it after quarter time and a lot of that was down to the three R's leading the way and just controlling the game.

I went with a Richmond supporter to the game, he said at the end "the crowd never really seemed massively into the game like they did vs Geelong and North. But it's not like the Lion's needed the crowd support to win this game, they were the better team despite one eyed umpires and loosing Brown in the first quarter."

Nuff said.

I went with a Richmond supporter to the game, he said at the end "the crowd never really seemed massively into the game like they did vs Geelong and North. But it's not like the Lion's needed the crowd support to win this game, they were the better team despite one eyed umpires and loosing Brown in the first quarter."

Nuff said.

Pretty subdued atmosphere tonight, no doubt.

The only thing that really got the crowd going was the ridiculously inconsistent and one -way umpiring.

Hmmm....maybe we owe them for waking us up;)

We have a couple of guys,who have been in the system for a few years who have really taken the step up to become regular 22 this year.

Lester and Harwood are players who were sitting in the 10 - 30 games bracket picking up odd games and a lot of us were wondering if they would end up on the outer. They have both had good years and it shows that you don't necessarily have to make a big splash first year to fit in.

Maybe when Vossy sends young players to the ressies to 'work on some things' he is actually doing that.

Remove this Banner Ad

The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back