The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think 25k+ is not optimistic to expect for the port game. AFL is very popular in the younger generations, attitudes have changed dramatically thanks to the lions academy influence in the school system. A winning lions team people will go. I’ve never had so many mates wanting to come to games since last year. This year I already have all my tickets for port and Collingwood all sewn up. Yew

I think 25k+ is not optimistic to expect for the port game. AFL is very popular in the younger generations, attitudes have changed dramatically thanks to the lions academy influence in the school system. A winning lions team people will go. I’ve never had so many mates wanting to come to games since last year. This year I already have all my tickets for port and Collingwood all sewn up. Yew

Not sure we can quite get 25k for Port, don’t think there are enough port fans in Bris. Anything over 20k would be a plus I think.

Last edited:

If we beat North Melbourne comfortably tomorrow I think 25K is not out of the question for Port.

1. Winning in Melbourne - never gets old, long may it continue :)

2. Fighting spirit - FINALLY getting reward for effort, not just close losses.

3. Fagan - takes the time out at the end of the presser to salute the Lions fans who attended (as someone else pointed out :))

4. Neale - nothing more to say, we all know it :D

5. Port next week, THIS TIME AT OUR HOME GROUND - 2 sides, both undefeated - along with Crows - Cats and Pies - Weagles, is up there for GOTR status.

I think that at this point the Vic media were expecting to be discussing which of Richmond, Essendon, Collingwood, Melbourne and Hawthorn were the team to beat.

Instead, all have lost already and the two emerging, anointed ‘princesses’ at the ball, Demons and Bombers, appear to have forgotten their dancing shoes.

And Brisbane is above them all on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 game sample size so serious bucket of salt required, but we are:
  1. the highest scoring team in the comp; and
  2. the only team to score 100 in each of the first two rounds.
This is while our 2 key forwards have 2 goals between them - if we include Oscar, it is 4 goals between the 3 of them.

They need to lift but it is clear that we have strong scoring power from other avenues. Getting Charlie back and getting in McCarthy for cheap has given us many more weapons, and Cam really hasn't had a great game yet either.

Last edited:
How great is it that both Queensland teams won?

It's us vs the world and I would love nothing more for both teams to find success.

The thing I love about this is that so many people were uncertain about us and more so have underestimated the Suns as a complete write off. Everything is just screaming positivity at the moment for footy in the sunshine state and long let that continue

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rhys Mathieson the direct result of hard work. Know for a fact no one at the club has worked as hard as he has to get his fitness up to scratch. Had an incredible start to the season, his ability to play 4 quarters now shows. And his new found aerobic capacity has really helped improve his disposal. Really turning into a solid and consistent player.

Rhys Mathieson the direct result of hard work. Know for a fact no one at the club has worked as hard as he has to get his fitness up to scratch. Had an incredible start to the season, his ability to play 4 quarters now shows. And his new found aerobic capacity has really helped improve his disposal. Really turning into a solid and consistent player.
Agree, he has been one that has really stepped up and helped with our on-ball rotations. He will only get better as well.

He hasn’t really played well,
But....... he has had 9 shots on goal in 2 weeks of football!
I gave him a vote in the review thread because it felt like that if he hadn't kicked those early couple of goals to keep us in touch it might have become a landslide with the way North was going. He did enough to stop our heads from dropping.

Really only a positive for me but I've finally found a player that I can hate with all my heart. Sure some of you have Beamers, your Toby Greenes or your Shueys but for me, that main man is Polec :$ #feelingwhole

Last edited:
I'd love to spend the day on big footy basking in the glory of another victory but I'm off to the 2 youngest grandchildren's school sports day today, beautiful day to be out in the fresh air and the sun.

Life is sweet when-

1- You are retired and a man of leisure and pleasure.
2- It's the day after a marvelous victory.
3- You are above ground fit and healthy.
4- It's 6 days from a Port demolition.
5- You are spending the day with 2 precious grandchildren.

#positive

Agree, he has been one that has really stepped up and helped with our on-ball rotations. He will only get better as well.
I've also noticed him backing in to packs both games to make a contest. Never noticed him doing that in previous years.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd love to spend the day on big footy basking in the glory of another victory but I'm off to the 2 youngest grandchildren's school sports day today, beautiful day to be out in the fresh air and the sun.

Life is sweet when-

1- You are retired and a man of leisure and pleasure.
2- It's the day after a marvelous victory.
3- You are above ground fit and healthy.
4- It's 6 days from a Port demolition.
5- You are spending the day with 2 precious grandchildren.

#positive

I was unwilling retired on medical grounds at the end of last year and pretty miserable about it. Footy season, particularly this season, is actually the silver lining I've needed to get my head around it. So I agree with points 1, 2, half of point 3, 4 and I have a grand niece I get to play with weekly. It's all good.

Remove this Banner Ad

The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back