Review The Pre-Season Report Thread (Requests, reports and much more!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the people who post on here are fair dinkum morons, the players should look exactly the same as they have all bloody season, all they have done is gone off to drink piss in various locations for a month and a bit, seriously guys.

They will start getting bigger and fitter etc NOW and u will see the difference in MARCH! Talk about people seeing what they want to see.

Exactly, the only area where the players might look bigger is in the guts after drinking pi$$ and eating pies for 6 weeks! The hard work starts now! Give them 4 months before asking who's looking bigger/fitter etc!

Really good to see Viney training with the players. I have a feeling he's trained with them before at various stages. But he does look big for his age. I hope he doesn't get too big, as we'll need him running through the midfield. But it's a bonus we won't need to work on his physique too much, just core strength.

The main things I got out of this first training session was Grimes and Strauss are up and running, Tom Mac training with forward group(I've been saying for ages he would make a great swingman), Blease needs work on endurance, We definitely could see a change in captain and Mark Neeld is very competent in front of the media.

Massive 4 months ahead for the players. New gameplan to adjust to. I just don't want to hear any injuries coming out of pre season. With our draw and change of gameplan etc, I wouldn't be surprised to see us only winning a few games up until our mid season bye. But I'm expecting a massive second half of the year from the boys...

Apparently they ran time trials most of the session; getting them to work ****ing hard!!

I'll get down the Gosch's on Monday before my exam for 2-3 hours.

Lovely morning for a training session at AAMI Park.

Grimes, Spencer, McKenzie, Davey, Evans, Cook, Jurrah running laps at this stage.

Most of the group doing repeat 200m runs. Jones and Bail leading the charge as per last week.

Green, Frawley, Trengove easing back into it after IR Series.

Ricky P also separate from the main group, which now includes all but 8 players, who are playin kick to kick. Spencil's kicking action looks as awkward as ever; he and Grimes must be best mates by now I reckon.

Main group switching to boots now from runners.

Just had an awkward convo with the guy standing next to me, who I thought may have been TPM. Lolz.

Now for the interesting bit. Blease and McDonald join some of the forwards; Green is pretending he can take a mark that's not on his chest. Morton with the backline, looking as frail as ever. Bate with the mids. No sign of Mitch Clark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Session seems to be just about over, and I'm off anyway... Need to do that essay still. All in all not much to see given it's week 2 of preseason. Good to get my footy fix for the month though. Questions welcome.

Just saw photos on facebook... comments on Jurrahs beard? I like it.

Look he could probably pull off whatever hairstyle he wanted... it looked pretty good though, I thought.

Also, the session hadn't finished when I left... they went back in to it.

Further, I made a fool of myself a second time in looking for TPM... my third try if I hadn't left would have been the guy with long-ish hair and a white t-shirt sitting down on the southern side of the oval... ??

I was passing by Gosch's and caught the last 5-10 minutes of the session. As Captain Jack mentioned, it was a glorious Melbourne morning. Obviously not heaps to report, but for what it's worth:

- Garland was with the midfield group doing loose ball exercises. Also in the group were Morton, Bennel, Blease, Gysberts and one or two others.

- Mitch Clark was running laps at a reasonable clip.

- Batram, Nicholson and two other players were in an unsupervised group working on their field kicking skills

- Rawlings was taking a group of forwards for some contested marking drills. First impressions of his coaching style were encouraging. Direct, loud, positive and did not brook any drop in intensity. Watts and Martin impressed.

- A couple of good natured gags were cracked about Wonaeamirri on the warmdown lap.

- Overall (in the brief window I was present), there was a palpable increase in intensity as compared to last pre-season. No signs of "going through the motions" at all. Hopefully this continues.

One thing I noticed is that 99% of the boys are wearing watches.. Not the most common thing to see on footy players - even at training.

There must be a new onus on them to push themselves, rather than plod along knowing no one is timing/watching them individually..

Probs reading into it too much, but I've never seen a player in any level of footy train with a watch on..

One thing I noticed is that 99% of the boys are wearing watches.. Not the most common thing to see on footy players - even at training.

There must be a new onus on them to push themselves, rather than plod along knowing no one is timing/watching them individually..

Probs reading into it too much, but I've never seen a player in any level of footy train with a watch on..

Yeah they were all timing themselves while running the repeat 200s at the start... obviously much easier than a couple of guys with stopwatches having to manage 25 runners.

None that I saw, but I didn't watch the midfield group closely.

You probably heard that here.

Thanks Captain Jack. Could you also please keep your eye out on Kelvin Lawence pre-season. Like the look of this kid. Just hope he can turn it up this pre-season and fill in that small foward we need in years to come.

Just had an awkward convo with the guy standing next to me, who I thought may have been TPM. Lolz.

Just read a post by 'freak' on demonland. He says he had an awkward convo with a guy that asked if he was on big footy. Haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review The Pre-Season Report Thread (Requests, reports and much more!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back