Analysis The Rebuilds of Geelong and Richmond and their Future Prospects

Who has the better future prospects?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven’t bothered posting here for months because quite frankly, it’s become a shithole because of dipshits like you who can’t handle reality and have to make excuses over a game.

When it suits Geelong is a backwater. A country town. A hole down the highway.

Doesn’t Melbourne have real estate agents? Houses? A property market? Sponsors? Businesses? Units? F**k off mate 😂😂

We didn’t win a flag for 44 years for one reason. We weren’t good enough. Not because other clubs were too rich, or did deals, or broke rules. We weren’t up to it.

See I can face reality. You can’t.

Stop looking for excuses. You think every player Geelong gets is thrown a farm or a property deal? You think every player on our books wants to raise cattle? You don’t think for every talented player who wants to live in a quiet coastal place there isn’t another dozen who wants a swank unit in Melbourne? Oh yeah good one. Yeah nah Geelong is the only club in the world that could offer a third party deal. That’s a grand conspiracy.

And that scoreboard. Wow, that’s going to land us some big fish in years to come 😂

This sport’s fan base is more full of excuse making bedwetters than any demographic I have ever come across and you are emblematic of it and you’d just better hope for the sake of your own chances of enjoying some success in the next four decades that your own club’s management isn’t as full of excuses as you are. I suspect they aren’t because I actually respect Clarkson and what he’s trying to do.

But you are a pissant.
Not a bad call on the hiatus PB. BigFooty is trending towards Reddit/Twitter levels of weirdos.

Don't know what's caused it, but it's beyond the typical piss take trolling which can be a bit of fun.

Just some genuine cookers roaming the MB in particular these days.

Not a bad call on the hiatus PB. BigFooty is trending towards Reddit/Twitter levels of weirdos.

Don't know what's caused it, but it's beyond the typical piss take trolling which can be a bit of fun.

Just some genuine cookers roaming the MB in particular these days.

Just not worth the interaction, for the most part. The genuine discussion that’s not based around conspiracy theory, or ‘my team is shit so that makes it awesome’ or ‘a player had a bad game so he has to be terrible’ ‘the umpires are obviously biased despite all the evidence that contradicts it’ etc etc is just minimal and trawling through that to find the meaningful discussion is a colossal waste of time so it’s easier just to occasionally have a read and then **** off to read an article by a credible source or something.

Just not worth the interaction, for the most part. The genuine discussion that’s not based around conspiracy theory, or ‘my team is shit so that makes it awesome’ or ‘a player had a bad game so he has to be terrible’ ‘the umpires are obviously biased despite all the evidence that contradicts it’ etc etc is just minimal and trawling through that to find the meaningful discussion is a colossal waste of time so it’s easier just to occasionally have a read and then **** off to read an article by a credible source or something.
It should be pretty simple, we've got an entire board (Bay 13) if you want to do that s**t....but people still bring it here.

Every now and then is cool, but it gets old real quick.

I haven’t bothered posting here for months because quite frankly, it’s become a shithole because of dipshits like you who can’t handle reality and have to make excuses over a game.

When it suits Geelong is a backwater. A country town. A hole down the highway.

Doesn’t Melbourne have real estate agents? Houses? A property market? Sponsors? Businesses? Units? F**k off mate 😂😂

We didn’t win a flag for 44 years for one reason. We weren’t good enough. Not because other clubs were too rich, or did deals, or broke rules. We weren’t up to it.

See I can face reality. You can’t.

Stop looking for excuses. You think every player Geelong gets is thrown a farm or a property deal? You think every player on our books wants to raise cattle? You don’t think for every talented player who wants to live in a quiet coastal place there isn’t another dozen who wants a swank unit in Melbourne? Oh yeah good one. Yeah nah Geelong is the only club in the world that could offer a third party deal. That’s a grand conspiracy.

And that scoreboard. Wow, that’s going to land us some big fish in years to come 😂

This sport’s fan base is more full of excuse making bedwetters than any demographic I have ever come across and you are emblematic of it and you’d just better hope for the sake of your own chances of enjoying some success in the next four decades that your own club’s management isn’t as full of excuses as you are. I suspect they aren’t because I actually respect Clarkson and what he’s trying to do.

But you are a pissant.

Ohhh, touchy touchy nervey

Ohhh, touchy touchy nervey

Based on what I’ve read you have a chip on your shoulder the size of the Gobi desert because a team down the road has been winning games and you haven’t and you need someone to blame for it. You’ve been touchy as shit over it and you’ve got no recourse but to make excuses and can’t deal with something that, when it boils down to it, is guys kicking a ball around a field and doing it better than your club has done it in recent memory and you have to blame someone or something. You’re a whinger, an excuse maker, and rather than accept it and actually look now towards what your club is trying to do right - which they are - you’re trying to discredit things another club has done right. Which from what I can gather amounts to nothing more than being based in a different postcode and assuming that they have access to the real estate industry while it apparently no longer exists in Melbourne.

Good one.

Based on what I’ve read you have a chip on your shoulder the size of the Gobi desert because a team down the road has been winning games and you haven’t and you need someone to blame for it. You’ve been touchy as shit over it and you’ve got no recourse but to make excuses and can’t deal with something that, when it boils down to it, is guys kicking a ball around a field and doing it better than your club has done it in recent memory and you have to blame someone or something. You’re a whinger, an excuse maker, and rather than accept it and actually look now towards what your club is trying to do right - which they are - you’re trying to discredit things another club has done right. Which from what I can gather amounts to nothing more than being based in a different postcode and assuming that they have access to the real estate industry while it apparently no longer exists in Melbourne.

Good one.

Chip on the shoulder eyy, touchy nervey eyyy

This is not adding gravitas to an already non existent argument.

If you want to prove a point, prove it. Make a point. Say something that holds weight. Say something that doesn’t amount to having a sook about your poor club. Say something that isn’t woe is me. Say something that doesn’t sound like an excuse.

You had the toughest team in football for a decade. Your whole club ethos was built on toughness.

This is pathetic.

This is not adding gravitas to an already non existent argument.

If you want to prove a point, prove it. Make a point. Say something that holds weight. Say something that doesn’t amount to having a sook about your poor club. Say something that isn’t woe is me. Say something that doesn’t sound like an excuse.

You had the toughest team in football for a decade. Your whole club ethos was built on toughness.

This is pathetic.

:cool:,lol

Last edited:

Do I have this right... PhatBoy couldn't stand the heat in the kitchen here so he got out of the kitchen. Now announces his unforced return from his out of the kitchen exile by announcing...he can't stand the heat in the kitchen.

Mostly when people don't like something they avoid it. I think PB was just looking for a skirmish cos he had a bad day, didn't realise North were currently heading up the ladder with a bullet and thought he would pick a fight with a supporter from a struggling club to make himself feel better.

Really brave stuff. :)

Do I have this right... PhatBoy couldn't stand the heat in the kitchen here so he got out of the kitchen. Now announces his unforced return from his out of the kitchen exile by announcing...he can't stand the heat in the kitchen.

Mostly when people don't like something they avoid it. I think PB was just looking for a skirmish cos he had a bad day, didn't realise North were currently heading up the ladder with a bullet and thought he would pick a fight with a supporter from a struggling club to make himself feel better.

Really brave stuff. :)

I just didn’t like talking to flogs like you. My day has been fine. Well done making this place more or less unbearable for people who actually enjoy a decent interaction though.

I just didn’t like talking to flogs like you. My day has been fine. Well done making this place more or less unbearable for people who actually enjoy a decent interaction though.

Well. There is no need for name calling PB. :tearsofjoy:

If you don't enjoy talking to me, then why have you answered about 1000 of my posts?

Pretty hard to get sympathy about torture you have chosen to endure.

When I want to complain about something I do, I like to ensure someone forces me to do it, so that I have the right to complain. ;)

Last edited:
Well. There is no need for name calling PB. :tearsofjoy:

If you don't enjoy taking to me, then why have you answered about 1000 of my posts?

Pretty hard to get sympathy about torture you have chosen to endure.

When I want to complain about something I do, I like to ensure someone forces me to do it, so that I have the right to complain. ;)

Cool.

It only counts when we get a flurry of superstar types.

Plus, it's not the NT academy, it's NT aborigine academy and it might not include Darwin so essentially a sour lemon type get where we have to bear all the risks for no reward.

If we north is to be considered a legit professional footy club, then we would be demanding the whole lot of NT academy and not just for indeginious but everyone, like the one Tas and GC has.

Second, we will be demanding COLA type handout to cover the cost of getting NT players down to vic and extra indeginious equivalent COLA payment for playeres of indeginious background to be part of our salary cap.

Of course, even if the afl gives us all that, what they really want to do is to relocate us there so instead, we milk the system for 12 to 15 years and then say nope tada, bye bye.

Aboriginal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No team has nothing on Geelong for regeneration. All the latest flag winners have dropped off a cliff. Literally. Stats dont lie.
Swans havent won a flag since 2012! They are lauded. yep they should win it this year but not done yet.Yet Cats still rebuild from competing.Constantly Benchmark. Face it. Best all round football club. Could even pinch a GF spot this year. Loser clubs who wanna be there would still call that a failure.

All part of the grand plan my friend. Trade out of 2022 & 2023 drafts. Head to the bonanza that is the 2024 draft with a load of rd 1 picks.

Taranto, Hopper, Steely Green, and Kaleb Smith cost picks 14, 22, & 34 in the 2022 draft and pick 8 in the 2023 draft.

If all of Bolton, Baker, Rioli leave, your eyes are going to drown at the trade return able to be activated in the 2024 draft if you think that price for Taranto, Hopper, Smith, & Green was eye-watering. ;)
What list manager is giving out 2 first round picks for rioli? He's made the aa top 40 list once? They have Flanders and Powell to play half back, they don't need him and he's not worth 2 first rounders. Bolton is worth a top 10 pick, but I can't see him going to west coast over freo. Baker is 10-20 pick, so you might end up.with fresh first this year for baker, but they're not giving you the keys to the draft for Bolton this year.

Your list is clearly the worst in the league at the moment

What list manager is giving out 2 first round picks for rioli? He's made the aa top 40 list once? They have Flanders and Powell to play half back, they don't need him and he's not worth 2 first rounders. Bolton is worth a top 10 pick, but I can't see him going to west coast over freo. Baker is 10-20 pick, so you might end up.with fresh first this year for baker, but they're not giving you the keys to the draft for Bolton this year.

It's difficult to say in this climate of player movement where some contracts/trade offers are absurd.

Realistically Rioli is worth a late first round pick, Bolton top 10 and Baker around 15-25. But we already heard rumours that Rioli may be going for way overs so who knows, maybe they will end up with picks 3, 7, 10 and 15 out of it. I think that's what MR is reduced to creaming himself over in his rocking chair.

If our list was the worst in the league then clubs wouldn't be queueing up to offer us rd 1 picks in a very strong draft for several of our players, and it wouldn't have taken a biblical level injury list to put us in pole position for the draft.

Baker is worth pick 12-13 and he is uncontracted so Richmond would get something worth around that for him, not necessarily pick 12 or 13.

Rioli and Bolton are jets and long contracted, so it will take decent draft currency to get them out of Tigerland. If Richmond is going this way then obviously paying some of their salary is a viable option, which will appeal greatly to the 2 clubs looking to contend who hold all the rd 1 picks, Suns, and Fremantle.

So Rioli is probably worth pick 10-12 in a straight out trade when out of contract(see the Adam Saad trade to Blues.)

Bolton is probably worth a top 3 pick in a straight out trade(see Jeremy Cameron, Tim Kelly trades.)

But the thing that is going to be very annoying for you guys is there are two reasons Richmond can get overs. First, they are both long contracted, so the Tigers need to be compelled to trade them(see Lachie Schultz trade.) Second, if Richmond trades these players and drafts a load of new talent then paying half their salary for 3-4 years is not going to be a huge issue(see the Bowes + pick 7 for salary relief trade.)

It just so happens the 2 clubs holding all the rd 1 picks are desperate to push for their first flags and need exactly these type of players. Which is somewhat unlucky for you guys. :cool:

Add to that we are likely to have pick 1, and some clubs may be interested in offering a premium for that pick. :cool: :cool:

And add to that there will be clubs needing points to match bids on players in the first round that will come before their natural rd 1 selections. And guess who holds the most points? :cool::cool::cool:

And just a little reminder, the consensus on the 2024 draft is it is very strong and deep. :moustache:

Check ****ing mate. :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Rebuilds of Geelong and Richmond and their Future Prospects

Back