Analysis The Rebuilds of Geelong and Richmond and their Future Prospects

Who has the better future prospects?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that Meteoric Ruse is all about finals performances, until it's a discussion about a young Geelong player who had an influential final.

Then it's all about home and away performances (where Henry's 'stats' are relatively impressive for a young, mid sized forward anyway).

Oh my.

Read the thrad before going off half cocked like an imbecile.

He had a great finals series. My post was about his home and away season only, and if you follow the thread you would see that was the case.
You posted it after the final series ...

Unfortunately, the rest of us just have to accept that the Cats have a really good group of kids.

Fortunately, the rest of us have to accept that the Tigers have such a poor group of kids that they're selling off all their good players to try to get some good kids for the future.

You posted it after the final series ...

Unfortunately, the rest of us just have to accept that the Cats have a really good group of kids.

Fortunately, the rest of us have to accept that the Tigers have such a poor group of kids that they're selling off all their good players to try to get some good kids for the future.

You clearly didn't read my earlier posts leading to that post or you would know I was specifically discussing his home and away season. But of course you know best.

Are there any people here who still believe the 'salary cap' applies to all cubs equally?

The Cats are playing funny buggers right underneath the noses of AFL HQ and nobody says boo.

Are they?

Their list is full of nobodies. Go through their PF team, who would be on big money?

Stewart - plucked from South Barwon and is now 32yo, wouldn't be huge cash.
J Cameron - yep big money, rightly so.
O Henry - ok money probably, bit of a soft **** move getting 'homesick' from a 50 minute drive.
Dangerfield - well past his best
Bowes - yep big money as salary dump.

That's pretty much it?

J Martin was delisted, he will cost SFA.

Both Smith & Oliver will cost a fair bit but if anyone could afford them, it's Geelong - they have no other big names

You clearly didn't read my earlier posts leading to that post or you would know I was specifically discussing his home and away season. But of course you know best.
I read it. It was an odd attempt to rundown a player who had recently stood up big time with huge moments when it mattered most.

Ok so you think me describing his poor home and away season as a poor home and away season is running him down. Noted.

You said he had "a really poor home and away season". Was it that poor?

After 10 games he was going at 2.1 goals per game which would be top 10 in the league. So his first half of the season sounds pretty handy. Imagine how much you'd talk up Bauer (older than Henry) if he did that.

Then he was subbed off injured against Richmond, missed a game, played a couple of games as sub and was noticeably hobbling a few times in the back half of the season. Even the coach was saying he was struggling with an injury. He didn't play well for a couple of months.

Then he bounced back and dominated the last game and then finals.

It's weird how someone like Tom Brown who was available for the first 20 consecutive games gets to use the injury excuse to justify a poor season.

But Olly Henry who missed games and was subbed on or off multiple times because of injury doesn't get that mentioned. And his poor 10 games while managing an injury gets used to tarnish his very good first 10 games and last 3 games. I wonder why that is🤔

You said he had "a really poor home and away season". Was it that poor?

After 10 games he was going at 2.1 goals per game which would be top 10 in the league. So his first half of the season sounds pretty handy. Imagine how much you'd talk up Bauer (older than Henry) if he did that.

Then he was subbed off injured against Richmond, missed a game, played a couple of games as sub and was noticeably hobbling a few times in the back half of the season. Even the coach was saying he was struggling with an injury. He didn't play well for a couple of months.

Then he bounced back and dominated the last game and then finals.

It's weird how someone like Tom Brown who was available for the first 20 consecutive games gets to use the injury excuse to justify a poor season.

But Olly Henry who missed games and was subbed on or off multiple times because of injury doesn't get that mentioned. And his poor 10 games while managing an injury gets used to tarnish his very good first 10 games and last 3 games. I wonder why that is🤔

He had this shown to him the other day and his response was ‘ratingz’

Thought I'd check through the coaches votes this year for players currently under 25.

Geelong:
Players to poll votes -
6 (Holmes, Dempsey, O Henry, De Koning, Bruhn and Humphries).
Total games receiving votes - 26
Total votes - 119

Richmond:
Players to poll votes -
Total games receiving votes - 0
Total votes - 0

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Rebuilds of Geelong and Richmond and their Future Prospects

Back