Analysis The Rebuilds of Geelong and Richmond and their Future Prospects

Who has the better future prospects?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I could care less about the BS that fills this childish thread but the Cats are easily the closest thing we have to a high powered EPL team in the AFL. The playing field is clearly titled in Geelong's favour just like Man City or any other team in the world that gets to name their own price to get whatever they want.

This is the ludicrous nature of the EPL. The fans of the top teams carry on like they are part of something special but really their competition is geared towards the fail safe mechanics that ensure a perpetually unfair league.

And I'll say it again, Geelong is the closest thing we have in the AFL to the EPL madness.

You realise that if you stayed good, it would have enhanced your odds of having players wanting to join Richmond right?

I could care less about the BS that fills this childish thread but the Cats are easily the closest thing we have to a high powered EPL team in the AFL. The playing field is clearly titled in Geelong's favour just like Man City or any other team in the world that gets to name their own price to get whatever they want.

This is the ludicrous nature of the EPL. The fans of the top teams carry on like they are part of something special but really their competition is geared towards the fail safe mechanics that ensure a perpetually unfair league.

And I'll say it again, Geelong is the closest thing we have in the AFL to the EPL madness.

I'm nervous about the Bailey Smith recruitment and think going after Oliver is probably a mistake.

But getting to read so many utterly unhinged, batshit crazy rants like this one makes me think it's all worth it.

You posted it after the final series ...

Unfortunately, the rest of us just have to accept that the Cats have a really good group of kids.

Fortunately, the rest of us have to accept that the Tigers have such a poor group of kids that they're selling off all their good players to try to get some good kids for the future.
That Henry bloke could make a decent player in my opinion.

You realise that if you stayed good, it would have enhanced your odds of having players wanting to join Richmond right?
That's partly my point. Nearly every other team doesn't continue that great run. Why? Because it's almost impossible to do so. Geelong somehow manages it over and over.

No matter how good other teams can be when they get their moment in the sun, the sun fades and they get recycled back down the ladder. And it happens to pretty much EVERY other team other than the Cats.

Bailey Smith AND Clayton Oliver choose Manchester City. Yeah right. In a competition leveled by the salary cap there must be a helluva lot of wheeling and dealing behind the scenes in other areas to keep Geelong in endless supply.

I'm sure if this was Sydney or West Coast some new sanctions would be invented to nullify the deals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Rebuilds of Geelong and Richmond and their Future Prospects

Back