The Rendell Fiasco

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rendell Says the club will only recruit Aboriginals that have one white parent

And tonight just proves how much of a **** Trigg is. I've spoken to him on numerous occasions and most of the time it's ended with me wanting to punch him between the eyes. A very very shit bloke.

Re: Rendell Says the club will only recruit Aboriginals that have one white parent

People that have had any dealing with Matthew Rendell and that know him in the slightest will tell you he is telling the truth here. The passion that he spoke with cannot be manufactures.

Really disappointed at my club. REALLY DISAPPOINTED!

Genuinely disappointed in my club and the AFL. They have hung a great guy out to dry. I'm ashamed of the lack of courage shown by our CEO in at least giving his employee the opportunity to defend himself regardless of the mud sticking issue. I will be emailing the club tomorrow to express this disappointment - first the pathetic beat up of Bernie's boxer shorts, now this. Pathetic!!

AD has completely shot himself in the foot with his actions over the past week. I couldn't believe it when he was questioned on the couch about why it wasn't kept in house and private and mediation offered. The answer "he's not a player". Hmmm that's a bit odd, so players are special. I thought the same rules of conduct applied to all AFL officials?

I feared for the game a number of years ago when the AFL brought in the 'duty of care' line about an opponent. At the time I thought it was AFL House covering their own arse in respect to being sued later on by a player. Now, it's clear, those at the top are only interested in their own interests and not the true intent of the sport. "Our" game indeed. I think not.

With the quote now in it's proper context, it is horrible what has happened to Matty. At least it seems some very senior journalists were on his side before the interview tonight. Now I wait to see what is written and said over the next couple of days. Robbo impressed me tonight on 360 and tomorrow is going to be very, very interesting.

Trigg should Resign

Disgraceful AFC. All Demetriou and Trigg are trying to do is protect Corporate image. Rendell is as honest as they come as Footy Classified tonight showed. After hearing this in its full context rather than the one line it more than tells me the AFL is corrupt. If Rendell didnt come across as thruthful then i dont know what truth is . Demetriou can just have a smirk on his face and talk about that one line.

What they have done here does not sit well with me as a supporter. I work in the corporate world and I see this everyday , that is Political correctness rather than honesty and saying how it really is. Just shows that being honest does not get you anywhere in life.

Trigg stand down and Andy D should stand down also . The next time Andrew Demetriou is introduced somewhere I hope the crowd booos him . The Vince cheering on Saturday showed the AFC that their supporters want their club to support their own.

Rendell holds no grudges towards Triggy at all, this is purely an AFL forced issue, and Rendell knew Triggy had no other option. He even agreed when Triggy said the 'mud is already in the water'! People really need to get this engrained in their heads.
What mud?

Almost everyone is on Rendell's side now that people know what happened.

Trigg couldn't handle 2 days worth of negative press and instead chose to throw away Rendell's career?

It's ****ed.

I am disgusted, absolutely sickened with the way rendell has been used as a scape-goat to paper over the real issues.
Rendel, mate, Thankyou for your contribution to this club and the afl as a whole. you deserved so much better than you got.

The whole administration has me sick

This pretty much sums it up perfectly for me.

Surely Vlad has some questions to answer. He has outright lied here.

No BACCS, it's a cop out mate.

I don't blame Triggy completely, because of that, but, at the same time, integrity and principles are sometimes worth fighting for - and this was one of those time.

It's a disgrace that we've allowed this to happen.

And Hutchy is suggested that Rendell hadn't given his side of the story to the AFL; tonight was the first time it was put on the table.

Andy D better get his story straight, because he looks like a ****ing liar at present.
Mate, I agree with every single point you have made. I just wanted to make it clear Rendell held no grudges towards Triggy or the club before people start pitch forking the Westpac Centre, he genuinely knew the shit situation the AFL put us in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow what an interview. I take back what I said about Rendell after that. I hope he sues both the AFL and the AFC for damages after how he was treated.

Demetriou and Trigg both have a lot to answer for.

Sounds like Milera wasn't handled well by the club either.

Re: Good luck Rendell

SHAME on AD and Trigg. Absolute shame.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Disgraceful AFC. All Demetriou and Trigg are trying to do is protect Corporate image. Rendell is honest as they come as Footy Classified tonight showed. After hearing this in its full context rather than the one line it more than tells me the AFL is corrupt. If Rendell didnt come across as thruthful then i dont know what truth is . Demetriou can just have a smirk on his face and talk about that one line.

What they have done here does not sit well with me as a supporter. I work in the corporate world and I see this everyday , that is Political correctness rather than honesty and saying how it really is. Just shows that being honest does not get you anywhere in life.

Trigg stand down and Andy D should stand down also . The next time Andrew Demetriou is introduced somewhere I hope the crowd booos him . The Vince cheering on Saturday showed the AFC that their supporters want their club to support their own.

This has just blown up in everybody's face big time. Trigg will be forced to fall on his sword over this. It's brought far too much of a debacle to the club and by the time the media tornado whips this through the end of the week he will have to go. I doubt he will be there come Round 1. All up, this is going to be a dark chapter in our club's history.

Had to work, can someone paraphrase for me. Although, having some experience with Aboriginal affairs I have a pretty good understanding of what went on. Certainly surprised to read that this incident actually occurred in January :eek:

AFC will get bombarded tomorrow with angry supporters.

I think it's the AFL we should be going after. THEY are the ones that forced this to happen for whatever reason.

Re: Trigg should Resign

The mud will stick. The club has no time for you to explain yourself. Jump, jump, jump!

I'm actually sitting here feeling quite stressed after watching that and trying to process it.

Matty R was trying to push a very proactive initiative to setup indigenous players to be better prepared, and ultimately more successful in playing AFL footy. I don't give a flying **** how poor his comments were, or even if they offended people, you don't hang someone like that out to dry, you don't prevent them from having a chance to present their own case.. you support them, provide eduction if needed (it doesn't sound like it is to be honest) and you address the issue.

What the **** was the club and the AFL thinking. At best they've reacted without getting all the information. And now look like assclowns. At best.

Any indigenous posters want to weigh in with their thoughts on it? I'm really curious to appreciate how someone who can understand the complexities better would view all that Matty R just said.

AFC players backing Rendell and bloody rightly so!

Dylan Orval ‏ @dylorval Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Matt rendell, got my full support! Only trying to do what's best for the game and words got taken wrongly!

Tex Walker ‏ @texwalker13 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Matt rendell ... No respect lost mate!! One of the best interviews I've ever seen.

Trigg and Harper.....
they need to losen up and stick up for their staff and player!
bring back Reid and Sanders!!

Andy D on Rendell.

Holes and contradictions all over his story.

Hopefully some journalist will earn their keep this week and get to the bottom of this.

I don't believe anything Andy D said tonight in relation to Rendell; "We didn't force their hand," - yet he's on the radio shouting that whoever said it better be looking for a new job.

What's the story Andy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back