Prediction The Rolling Outrageous Claims Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, he had a bad game. I'm giving him more time.
Of course and I agree. What I don't agree with is Bruhnlow, comparisons to Warner and praise everytime he hits 15 touches.

What we have is a prospect with big holes in his game, who is a liability at the moment but with more time and development may become a B or C Grader

I agree Bruhn is overrated on this board. Not a bad prospect and could become a solid support mid in time. Think a slightly better Atkins (who is a decent enough player). Don't think he'll ever be better than that though. Has a similar ceiling to Jhye Clark who I also don't think will ever be A grade.

I agree Bruhn is overrated on this board. Not a bad prospect and could become a solid support mid in time. Think a slightly better Atkins (who is a decent enough player). Don't think he'll ever be better than that though. Has a similar ceiling to Jhye Clark who I also don't think will ever be A grade.

Well the shortest path for our midfield to get better is for him and Clark to improve.

Problem with Bruhn, who as others have stated is likely to be a solid B grade player for us, is we NEED him to be better than that.
We have all but zero midfield class aside Holmes, and at times Dangerfield. Cuthrie missing another season has killed any genuine star power around the ball we could have had.
Next season when we bring in Smith, and perhaps some more development, might see him improve into that really solid B grade player behind 2 A graders. But that's his spot, second tier behind the big guns, and right now we lack said big guns.

Problem with Bruhn, who as others have stated is likely to be a solid B grade player for us, is we NEED him to be better than that.
We have all but zero midfield class aside Holmes, and at times Dangerfield. Cuthrie missing another season has killed any genuine star power around the ball we could have had.
Next season when we bring in Smith, and perhaps some more development, might see him improve into that really solid B grade player behind 2 A graders. But that's his spot, second tier behind the big guns, and right now we lack said big guns.
**** off mate, he's essentially a child in terms of his development. I bet if I look hard enough, you've said the same slop about zuthrie who is our most reliable defender behind Stewart.

Well the shortest path for our midfield to get better is for him and Clark to improve.

They represent both the shortest path and the longest path to our midfield getting better. If one or both develop into guns, we're on track, but I can also imagine a scenario where they tread water as okay-ish C+ to B- players, and the club feels obliged to invest in their development for years because they can see potential, resulting in us being too unwilling to cut our losses with middling players. The O'Connor/Parfitt/Caddy "he'll come good eventually" phenomenon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They represent both the shortest path and the longest path to our midfield getting better. If one or both develop into guns, we're on track, but I can also imagine a scenario where they tread water as okay-ish C+ to B- players, and the club feels obliged to invest in their development for years because they can see potential, resulting in us being too unwilling to cut our losses with middling players. The O'Connor/Parfitt/Caddy "he'll come good eventually" phenomenon

In the short term you can only use what you have available, if were doing a full rebuild they'd still be a part of plan A.

Of course and I agree. What I don't agree with is Bruhnlow, comparisons to Warner and praise everytime he hits 15 touches.

What we have is a prospect with big holes in his game, who is a liability at the moment but with more time and development may become a B or C Grader
I like some of his work. When he finds a bit of space he can do things with it. The port game he had space and i liked every disposal. Today he did not have space and I saw the same things you did. I think he'll look better with quicker players around him but he needs to be the third best midfielder in the rotation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction The Rolling Outrageous Claims Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back