Rumour The Rumour File - All the off-season mutterings with no base in reality

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey, was on your forum and came past this thread. It wasn't junk made up by Richmond BF posters, it was reported on PRE that we have been talking to him. Just wondering, if there was a deal to be done, what would you be happy with?

2nd Round for Him?
Or Mitch Morton for Blease + 3rd Round?

Not too sure of his value, so could you help me out.

Hey, was on your forum and came past this thread. It wasn't junk made up by Richmond BF posters, it was reported on PRE that we have been talking to him. Just wondering, if there was a deal to be done, what would you be happy with?

2nd Round for Him?
Or Mitch Morton for Blease + 3rd Round?

Not too sure of his value, so could you help me out.
Some people just can't be helped. Anyone who wants something for Mitch Morton (ie. you) fall into that category.

Some people just can't be helped. Anyone who wants something for Mitch Morton (ie. you) fall into that category.

Did I just read right that he wants Sam Blease and OUR third rounder for Mitch Morton? My eyes... MY EYES....

It's a great start though Striker! I love how they just lap it all up as if it's real and because he supports Richmond he wants to go there. Not to mention the kid is under contract.

Why do we even bother...

..... although Scully is his best mate :eek:

Just kidding boys, I'm very confident he'll stay.

And if he does want to leave then I'm confident Melbourne will demand way too much for him and he'll stay anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

..... although Scully is his best mate :eek:

Just kidding boys, I'm very confident he'll stay.

And if he does want to leave then I'm confident Melbourne will demand way too much for him and he'll stay anyway.

That's where these rumours come from. Scully leaves, people find out Blease was close to him and boom... he wants to leave to. Happens all the time.

Scully was one out of the box though, he was gone long before this season IMO. He saw the dollars and the move up north and it was too good to resist. The rest of the list aren't like him, hence why he knew he had to move on.

Did I just read right that he wants Sam Blease and OUR third rounder for Mitch Morton? My eyes... MY EYES....

It's a great start though Striker! I love how they just lap it all up as if it's real and because he supports Richmond he wants to go there. Not to mention the kid is under contract.

Why do we even bother...

I figured we should shove all the utterly idiotic ones in the one thread so we can laugh at them.

And you would think Blease would want to repay the faith the club showed him after that broken leg he suffered at school and the long road back from that. He is starting to show why he is going to be a pivotal part of our club going forward and there is no doubt his future lies with us.

And you'd think that he'd feel like he owes the faith Viney showed in him, playing him in consecutive games at the end of the year & giving him some confidence. Those games took him from potential to having people consider him a vital part of the team.

Why do we even bother...
My eyes! You actually think Blease is better than Morton?? He missed a large portion of this season due to personal issues, I think it was a close family member who died but mate, Sam has played one big game against Gold Coast but then collapsed the week after. But yeah, he is already way out of the league of a player who has shown great skill in the forward line and in the midfield.

His first season at Richmond he played as a medium forward and booted 35 goals, backed it up the next year in the same position with 41 goals. The year after he was continuing his form but asked to be dropped because he wanted to learn the fundamentals of a midfielder, so he played at Coburg. He came back in round 17 and averaged 24 possessions for the rest of the season. Not to mention he isn't old either at 24. Nah, Blease who has barely any experience is much better than Morton. Nice try though.

By the way, contracted players can be traded.

My eyes! You actually think Blease is better than Morton?? He missed a large portion of this season due to personal issues, I think it was a close family member who died but mate, Sam has played one big game against Gold Coast but then collapsed the week after. But yeah, he is already way out of the league of a player who has shown great skill in the forward line and in the midfield.

His first season at Richmond he played as a medium forward and booted 35 goals, backed it up the next year in the same position with 41 goals. The year after he was continuing his form but asked to be dropped because he wanted to learn the fundamentals of a midfielder, so he played at Coburg. He came back in round 17 and averaged 24 possessions for the rest of the season. Not to mention he isn't old either at 24. Nah, Blease who has barely any experience is much better than Morton. Nice try though.

True Mitch Morton is so good you want to trade him for a guy who has played 5 games.....he is a hack, is he the guy Wallace credited with killing his coaching career?

Blease has shown what he is capable of and will be traded in our favour or kept simple

So pick 14 and a GOOD young player

I don't actually care which one is better right now, but i know which one i'd rather have on my list. We've persisted with Blease and he is finally on the verge of putting together a solid senior season

He will remain a demon in 2012

My eyes! You actually think Blease is better than Morton??

Yes, I think he is. The kid is a team player which puts him ahead of Morton from the start. Blease has more pace, better foot skills and more upside. Not to mention defensive skills.

He missed a large portion of this season due to personal issues, I think it was a close family member who died but mate, Sam has played one big game against Gold Coast but then collapsed the week after.

If he had a close family member die how come Cale didn't miss any time throughout the season? Don't make excuses. Mitch Morton's last two seasons have been average at best. Blease played a few good, one great and one poor game during the year (don't disagree his game against Port was poor).

But yeah, he is already way out of the league of a player who has shown great skill in the forward line and in the midfield.

Didn't realise selfishness was a skill but I digress...

His first season at Richmond he played as a medium forward and booted 35 goals, backed it up the next year in the same position with 41 goals.

Good on him. Melbourne fans generally view Liam Jurrah's season as his worst at the club, yet he still booted 40 goals. What does that tell you? That doesn't mean anything and to be truthful Morton was the only forward you had then (Riewoldt hadn't come of age yet).

The year after he was continuing his form but asked to be dropped because he wanted to learn the fundamentals of a midfielder, so he played at Coburg.

He asked to be dropped did he? I'd love to see that article and quote. By all means prove me wrong. I can recall Tiger fans and the media crying out for him to be dropped for terrible form.

He came back in round 17 and averaged 24 possessions for the rest of the season. Not to mention he isn't old either at 24. Nah, Blease who has barely any experience is much better than Morton. Nice try though.

Did he really? Good on him. He averaged 24 possies for a few games out of the 71 games he has played for his career. That's rubbish.

Blease has shown more potential and more strings to his bow in his short time in the seniors than Morton has in 7 years. He is merely 20 and has a bright future ahead. Morton can barely crack it for a game and is known to be a selfish, inconsistent small forward who spends short periods of time in the midfield. Blease > Morton

You speak as if Blease actually wants to come to your crock of a club. Yeah, right. Nice try though.

My eyes! You actually think Blease is better than Morton?? He missed a large portion of this season due to personal issues, I think it was a close family member who died but mate, Sam has played one big game against Gold Coast but then collapsed the week after. But yeah, he is already way out of the league of a player who has shown great skill in the forward line and in the midfield..

Even heard of potential? Sam might have it, we know Mitch doesn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour The Rumour File - All the off-season mutterings with no base in reality

Remove this Banner Ad

Back